PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession to make.

Oneslowz28
09-29-2010, 06:49 AM
Yes it's true, I have been keeping something from my TBCS family for years now. I am not proud of it and to be honest, it has been tearing me apart on weather to tell you guys the truth or not. I have been living a lie for many years now, and its time for me to open up the door and come out of the little room I have been hiding in.

I know this sounds almost impossible, and I am sure it will affect my social standing here, but I want everyone to know that I am still your friend and am still the same awesome person on the inside. So with all of that said, it's about time I get this off my chest and begin living my new life.

I have never seen Star Wars.

Not even a single 3 minutes of a single episode. I understand that this is a damnable offense to the geek code of conduct and that I might have to forfeit my geek card. I am ready to accept my punishment and take any criticism you may offer.

I am happy to say that all 3 of the first movies, Original Theatrical Releases I might add, will be here around 1pm when the USPS delivers my mail. I finally broke down and added them to my Netflix queue yesterday morning. Maybe since I am watching the original versions, you can find the kindness in your heart to forgive me for being untruthful to you all these years.

BuzzKillington
09-29-2010, 06:57 AM
I haven't either. The closest thing to seeing it is the spoofs from Family Guy. lol

blueonblack
09-29-2010, 07:29 AM
I am speechless and somehow ashamed. Why do I get the feeling that the only reason you are seeing them now, after all these years, is so that we other journalists don't make you wear the "I've Never Seen Star Wars!" T-shirt at CES?

Edit: If you truly want to atone, you must watch all three of the originals, back to back without interruption, while consuming large quantities of sugar-laden caffeine and the fatty snacks of your choice, and NOT watch the last three movies at all. Ever.

mDust
09-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Haha! Yeah right...everyone has seen StarWars. Nice one guys!:D

Oneslowz28
09-29-2010, 10:19 AM
No I am dead serious. I have never seen a single minute of any of the star was movies.

I grew up a Trekie.

farlo
09-29-2010, 10:33 AM
honestly ive never seen any of the star wars movies either, just never could see the draw to it.

mDust
09-29-2010, 11:23 AM
/gasp

What is the world coming to?!

Everyone that has not seen a minute of StarWars, go rent, borrow, steal, download, or buy 4-6 and watch them. Episodes 1-3 are optional. I wouldn't recommend them but some people liked them. They just tried too hard with the new ones.:down:

x88x
09-29-2010, 01:00 PM
The first step is admitting you have a problem.

...as long as you've seen Firefly. ...you have seen Firefly, right?

farlo
09-29-2010, 01:14 PM
i haven't

OvRiDe
09-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Lucas recently announced that they will be re-releasing all 6 movies in 3-D. Starting with "The Phantom Menace" and working their way through to "Return of the Jedi". They will release 1 per year, since the conversion process will take them about a year a each.

x88x
09-29-2010, 01:56 PM
i haven't

O_O ..this must be rectified immediately. Let's see, Netflix has it available for streaming, Hulu has some of the episodes but not the first ones (don't watch them out of order. ..just..don't), Amazon has a FireFly store (http://www.amazon.com/Firefly/e/B001CG6RVC/ref=sr_tc_img_2_0?qid=1285782399&sr=8-2-ent)...my loaner copy is loaned out at the moment, otherwise I might just mail them to you..

Basically, if you like sci-fi, westerns, action, comedy, or just damn good storytelling, you must see it. :D

..sorry, got a bit off Star Wars there.. >_> <_<

mDust
09-29-2010, 02:50 PM
..sorry, got a bit off Star Wars there.. >_> <_<Star what?

Have you guys watched StarWars yet?

Collinstheclown
09-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Lucas recently announced that they will be re-releasing all 6 movies in 3-D. Starting with "The Phantom Menace" and working their way through to "Return of the Jedi". They will release 1 per year, since the conversion process will take them about a year a each.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

crenn
09-29-2010, 10:10 PM

In other words, run it through a piece of software and have '3D' at the end. A few movies have been like that.

blueonblack
09-29-2010, 10:22 PM

Good GOD, will no one STOP this man?? I'm calling in the ninjas.

At least the hype won't be there. That was just as bad as the movies themselves. It got so that every time I heard any of the various keywords of the franchise I wanted to vomit. "Lucas" still does that for me. I gagged a little just now typing that.

mDust
09-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Good GOD, will no one STOP this man?? I'm calling in the ninjas.

At least the hype won't be there. That was just as bad as the movies themselves. It got so that every time I heard any of the various keywords of the franchise I wanted to vomit. "Lucas" still does that for me. I gagged a little just now typing that.

Hey, 4-6 were directed before he sold out and started including marketing gimmicks in his movies. But I have the ninjas on speed-dial and it's already ringing...

Liquid_Scope_99
09-30-2010, 12:33 AM
I am speechless and somehow ashamed. Why do I get the feeling that the only reason you are seeing them now, after all these years, is so that we other journalists don't make you wear the "I've Never Seen Star Wars!" T-shirt at CES?

Edit: If you truly want to atone, you must watch all three of the originals, back to back without interruption, while consuming large quantities of sugar-laden caffeine and the fatty snacks of your choice, and NOT watch the last three movies at all. Ever.

Agreed lol makes me want to watch them again

TheGreatSatan
10-03-2010, 11:48 PM
If anyone else admits to not seeing Star Wars, I'm dropping neg reps......

You've all seen Firefly right?

StormRider
10-04-2010, 12:22 AM
you mean this firefly, right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_%28TV_series%29
if so, then yes
and if nothing else, the lightsaber duels should be pretty interesting in 3D. and that's if all else fails

x88x
10-04-2010, 01:00 AM
Any Firefly fans who haven't already, you should check out Done the Impossible (http://www.donetheimpossible.com/). It's a very well done fan-made documentary on the making/death/rebirth of Firefly. At one point during it, Orson Scott Card (imo one of best science fiction writers of all time) says that Firefly is the best science fiction television show ever made. ..and if that doesn't convince someone to at least try it, I don't know what will. :P

BuzzKillington
10-04-2010, 07:00 AM
I've never seen starwars, startrek and I've never even heard of firefly. O.O

Luke122
10-04-2010, 10:59 AM
Star Wars is a great franchise, I recommend everyone watch the entire series at least once.

Star Trek = win. I'm a trekkie at heart, even though I was named for Luke Skywalker. Yes, really.

Firefly = awesome. Serenity = awesomer.

:D

Oneslowz28
10-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Well I have watched 4 and 5. Both were awesome! 6 will be tonight. Then next week will be 1-3 and maybe the following week 1-6 back to back.

Snowman
10-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I have the original vhs box set.. if you can find a vcr lets have a party..

x88x
10-04-2010, 01:33 PM
I was named for Luke Skywalker. Yes, really.

That is awesome. :D

msmrx57
10-04-2010, 02:16 PM
I remember going to the original Star Wars at the drive in when it first came out. Damn that makes me feel old for some reason.......

x88x
10-04-2010, 02:28 PM
I remember going to the original Star Wars at the drive in when it first came out. Damn that makes me feel old for some reason.......

Hmm, I couldn't imagine why that would be...on a completely unrelated note, Return of the Jedi was released in theaters 5 years before I was born... :whistler:

Snowman
10-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Hmm, I couldn't imagine why that would be...on a completely unrelated note, Return of the Jedi was released in theaters 5 years before I was born... :whistler:

9 years here, not that it didn't stop me from trying to wear out original said vhs tapes in earlier post.

x88x
10-04-2010, 02:53 PM
9 years here

Return of the Jedi, not A New Hope. ;)

Snowman
10-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Return of the Jedi, not A New Hope. ;)

so sorry 3 years then lol...

TheGreatSatan
10-04-2010, 09:56 PM

I saw Empire Strikes Back in Theaters waaay back!