PDA

View Full Version : dead pump,.

blaze15301
10-14-2010, 03:44 PM
i need some help. i just dissembled my loop all was running fine. then today i put it back together adn the pump ran but no water was moving. the first thing i noticed was it was trickling threw like normal. then i unplugged everything and filled it some more and then bam it jsut stopped moving water. so does this mean the pump is dead.

al so how do i fix scratches in a water block the bottom of my block is very veyr scrathed and dirty.

diluzio91
10-14-2010, 04:32 PM
i need some help. i just dissembled my loop all was running fine. then today i put it back together adn the pump ran but no water was moving. the first thing i noticed was it was trickling threw like normal. then i unplugged everything and filled it some more and then bam it jsut stopped moving water. so does this mean the pump is dead.

al so how do i fix scratches in a water block the bottom of my block is very veyr scrathed and dirty.

check the top barb on the pump, if the threads are too long it can hit the flywheel of the pump? scratches and dirt can be solved by lapping

blaze15301
10-14-2010, 04:55 PM
i have the mcp 655. im pretty sure it is dead now tho. i plugged it in and had a bucket of ater with a hose and everything running to it and nothing. swifttech is goign to rma it if i can get my jab-tech raceite. thanks for the lapping advice tho.

x88x
10-14-2010, 05:02 PM
check the top barb on the pump, if the threads are too long it can hit the flywheel of the pump? scratches and dirt can be solved by lapping
/\This.

For lapping, if there's not a tutorial already for lapping heatsinks/waterblocks, just go off the CPU one. It's the same process, just less worry about breaking something.