PDA

View Full Version : TBCS T-Shirt Poll

Oneslowz28
10-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Ok we need to get an idea on how many shirts we will be ordering before we can get a full price on setup and price per shirt. I have attached a poll, please answer the number of T-shirts you intend to buy at $20 each. We will be giving a raffle ticket with each T-Shirt you buy so if you buy 4 you get 4 entries into a drawing for some cool gear. (possibly a 4gb DDR3 RAM kit, CPU Cooler, and VGA Cooler) Also tick the box for a sticker if you would like one of them.

For those of you who asked about our design concepts here they are. These are not set in stone, just something OvRiDe came up with.

http://thebestcasescenario.com/oneslowz28/personal/TBCS-Tshirt_concept.jpg

http://thebestcasescenario.com/oneslowz28/personal/TBCS-Tshirt_concept_blue.jpg

http://thebestcasescenario.com/oneslowz28/personal/TBCS-Tshirt_concept_red.jpg

Trace
10-14-2010, 08:40 PM
no poll...

Indybird
10-14-2010, 11:04 PM
How about a dark blue shirt (i.e. the site frame color) with white text?

-Nick

mofo
10-15-2010, 01:13 AM
HOLY CARP!
I love that shirt! I'd get one white and at least one red.

BuzzKillington
10-15-2010, 02:57 AM
What about white on black?

simon275
10-15-2010, 08:08 AM
I would buy one maybe do and also stickers. It should have the actually web address on it as people may not know what TBCS is.

Maybe have thebestcasescenario.com on the back below the collar or something?

billygoat333
10-15-2010, 10:03 AM
I like that it doesn't have the website on it. def. one should be on the sticker though.

diluzio91
10-15-2010, 12:26 PM
the black on white is awesome!

SXRguyinMA
10-15-2010, 01:09 PM
at least one sticker and one shirt, maybe 2 of each (really diggin the white and red)

x88x
10-15-2010, 03:03 PM
I'd be up for 2-3 shirts, depending on the designs/colors we decide on. I like OvRiDe's design, but I'm not 100% on the colors. I'm with Indybird on the dark blue; a dark blue about the shade of the website background, with white or silver text would be good. Another one I think would work out great would be a black shirt with dark blue text.

For the stickers, I'll grab a few. Quantity depends on the price, but probably 10 or so. I think the logo as it appears on the site, plus the url in small letters underneath the large letters would be great.

Depending on the costs involved, I think it might be a good idea to open up a small site store. It could at least help offset operating/hosting/etc costs, and if they're available all the time (maybe with a certain amount of lead time if need be), and there's already a price nailed down, more people might buy them.

chaksq
10-15-2010, 03:53 PM
I'll definately get one t-shirt and one sticker. Would like to see the URL, don't mind advertising for a site I actually use. At the least it might be good to spell out The Best Case Scenario since most people I know don't know what TBCS is.

x88x
10-15-2010, 03:57 PM
most people I know don't know what TBCS is.

We are the first two hits in google though ;) even before tbcs.org

EDIT:
Not meaning to detract from your point, which is very good, I just thought that was cool that we beat out an actual URL of that character string. :D

Spawn-Inc
10-15-2010, 06:14 PM
disregard my vote (1 shirt).

x88x
10-15-2010, 07:06 PM
disregard my vote (1 shirt).

Does that mean you're not interested or you voted again for more?

10-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Id buy one of each color shirt and a sticker

mDust
10-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Depending on the costs involved, I think it might be a good idea to open up a small site store. It could at least help offset operating/hosting/etc costs, and if they're available all the time (maybe with a certain amount of lead time if need be), and there's already a price nailed down, more people might buy them.

This.

I didn't vote, but I like that design so far. I'd likely get a red one and possibly a white one. If there were a store with pictures of actual products I'd be much more confident though. I tend to not wear advertisements on my clothing, but I'd wear one of these.

Also, I like the design without a web address or other text as it's a little more mysterious and interesting. Google can cure anyone's curiousness.

msmrx57
10-17-2010, 05:54 PM
I tend to not wear advertisements on my clothing, but I'd wear one of these.

Also, I like the design without a web address or other text as it's a little more mysterious and interesting. Google can cure anyone's curiousness.
What he said. I'd love to get one but right now I'm unemployed and on the broke side so.... :(

Also x88x had a good idea with the site store bit. I don't think that it would get to busy to be dealt with by 1 or 2 people. And by ordering more up front or knowing that there will be more orders coming you should be able to get better pricing from the screen printer (reduced setup and screen charges).

slaveofconvention
10-17-2010, 06:07 PM
by ordering more up front or knowing that there will be more orders coming you should be able to get better pricing from the screen printer (reduced setup and screen charges).

All very true, but please guys, remember, all of the TBCS staff do this for free - not one of us actually gets paid a salary, and at some point, someone has to pull out the cash to pay the upfront costs. That's probably why CJ is making sure the shirts are pretty much sold before he orders them, and who can blame him? :)

Spawn-Inc
10-17-2010, 06:24 PM
Does that mean you're not interested or you voted again for more?

not interested anymore, maybe later i would grab one. i do like the idea of the online store so i can get one later on.

mDust
10-17-2010, 07:30 PM
All very true, but please guys, remember, all of the TBCS staff do this for free - not one of us actually gets paid a salary, and at some point, someone has to pull out the cash to pay the upfront costs. That's probably why CJ is making sure the shirts are pretty much sold before he orders them, and who can blame him? :)

I think this is understood, but the upfront charges can be solved by not buying a lot of stock upfront. Just get them in batches when a predetermined quantity is ordered by members or a predetermined amount of time passes...sort of like what CJ is doing now. An online store should be feasible with minimal upfront costs.

And you guys should strike for better contracts! I'll make you guys some "MONEY FOR MODS!" and "The Best Case Salary" picket signs.:D

Luke122
10-18-2010, 10:29 AM
What about doing some print on demand type stuff, like Cafepress? No upfront costs that way..

Yeticorn
10-18-2010, 12:59 PM
Those shirts look wicked awesome! I put down 1, but might be down for more with a bit more color variation.

With the off-center design there, I think the url could still fit in the lower right-hand corner on the back in really small print. Just an idea.

nevermind1534
10-18-2010, 04:10 PM
What about doing some print on demand type stuff, like Cafepress? No upfront costs that way..

I can print on demand with the equipment at school with no upfront costs for less than Cafepress :)

OvRiDe
10-18-2010, 06:45 PM
We have looked into the CafePress, but honestly its EXPENSIVE. Its not bad for someone doing a few shirts here and there, but if you know that your going to need X amount of t-shirts our research has indicated that we can get a better deal screen printing. The other problem I have is that my Cafe Press shirts don't seem to last as long as a good screen printed shirt.

As for designs. The teaser that CJ put out there was just something I was playing around with. I had seen a similar design before and thought that our logo was a good translation for it. BUT I have found there are 2 problems. The first being that it looks great on paper but on the actual product I was informed that most of the design would end up covered under the persons arm. The second being that you need a special screen printer to do wrap around designs like that, which would rule out our current screen printer and drive the costs up.

Ok on to colors and such. I was trying to keep the design of the shirt fairly simple to appeal to a larger base of people. I was also trying to keep the color scheme simple as well to make sure we will be able to get a quick turn around on our orders. The more colors that are screened the longer each shirt takes etc etc. That being said we can still do single color inks and different color shirts. Some of the ideas that have been thrown around include...

Med Blue shirt / Silver ink
White shirt / Blue ink
Red shirt / White ink
Black shirt / Whit ink
Black shirt / Silver ink

and for those girlfriends and wives out there maybe a ...

Pink shirt / White ink

We can't necessarily have ALL of those color combination's available, but we would like to have what is going to appeal to most.

msmrx57
10-18-2010, 08:06 PM
The other problem I have is that my Cafe Press shirts don't seem to last as long as a good screen printed shirt.

Never will, totally diferent printing process. :no:

Pink shirt / White ink

And what's wrong with pink????? :whistler:

Oneslowz28
10-18-2010, 08:18 PM
I agree on CafePress shirts being cheap and not lasting long. A car club I was once a member of used them and my shirts faded and began peeling after 2 washes. Plus we will make very little $$ for the site with cafe press.

x88x
10-18-2010, 08:49 PM
How about silver ink on black, navy blue, and pink shirts? I think that should cover all the bases and silver should look good on all of those and let us cut costs by sticking with a single ink color. Actually, from what I'm hearing, changing the shirt color is easy/cheap, and from some primitive testing it looks like a nice silver will go well on most colors I tried.

nevermind1534
10-18-2010, 10:10 PM
How about silver ink on black, navy blue, and pink shirts? I think that should cover all the bases and silver should look good on all of those and let us cut costs by sticking with a single ink color. Actually, from what I'm hearing, changing the shirt color is easy/cheap, and from some primitive testing it looks like a nice silver will go well on most colors I tried.

Silver generally looks nice, and swapping shirt colors doesn't cost everything. The same screen and color can be used with different shirts.

OvRiDe
11-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Ok, folks. Since the first design was a bust for our screen printers, and from some of your feed back, we are going to go with a more classic design. Let me know what you guys think. I will be setting up an ordering page, but before I shell out for some stock, I just want to make sure you guys are interested in the design.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/ovride/T-shirts/TBCS-Tshirt_2color_white.jpg

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/ovride/T-shirts/TBCS-Tshirt_2color_black.jpg

Trace
11-13-2010, 01:17 AM
I'm still down for several

x88x
11-13-2010, 02:04 AM
I'll take two of the black design.

billygoat333
11-13-2010, 10:48 AM
I'd still take one of the black

simon275
11-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Would love to get one of these before christmas.

Liquid_Scope_99
11-14-2010, 11:26 PM
i would buy a black a red and a sticker

x88x
11-14-2010, 11:47 PM
For some reason I forgot the shirt color could change, not just the ones in the picture. :facepalm: I'll take one in black and one in as close to the blue in the logo as possible.

Yeticorn
11-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I'll take a black one :O