PDA

View Full Version : Never ever host your site with bizland.com

Oneslowz28
10-16-2010, 05:59 AM
Over the last 2 months I have been having multiple problems with my hosting account at bizland.com. This is the hosting company I have my photography site hosted with. After many phone calls, emails and live chats I have yet to resolve any of the issues I have been having.

My email has only been updating my inbox every few days. As it sits right now, I have not received an email since Tuesday morning at 10:36am. I just spent 45 minutes on live chat with a tech and their conclusion is that my inbox quota is full. So I argue that there is no possible way as I have my quota set to 10Gb and there are only 1482 emails total in there. So she tells me that their control panel is showing my inbox being 100% full. So I break down and delete 1300 of the emails I have been neglecting to delete. She tells me that its now 12% full. She also tells me that bizland had reset my quota to 45mb during a c-panel update a month or so back and that they no longer allow custom inbox quotas. In addition to this I am now restricted to 25 email boxes instead of the 1000 I had available before.

I promptly remind her that I am paying for the second highest shared hosting account they have and that I should have been notified of any changes that were made to my hosting plan. She proceeds to tell me that the hosting plan features have been changed for all shared hosting plans. So I head over to my summary and I know ave a memory limit of 28m (down from 64m), 20GB bandwidth (down from 33gb), 25 mail boxes at 45mb (Down from 1000 and Unlimited), and my domain renewal is now $26/year (up from $20)

I have been a customer of theirs since late 2006 and really feel like I was given the shaft. I had been wanting to consolidate my servers down to one anyway and this has sealed the deal. There is no way I will pay $10/month (+$26/year domain and $15/year surcharge) for that kind of customer disrespect. Oh and lets not forget the $14.95 server maintenance fee I was charged in July. I wonder if they charged each of the accounts on that server that fee? My 1 and 1 account is something like $3.65/month and while it has similar restrictions on bandwidth and storage and DB memory, its a hell of a lot cheaper. I have 1 and 1 paid up for the next 2 years anyway and just need to do a domain transfer and move over my photo site. I might drop it all together and just stick with my makersworkbench email.

Clif Notes:

Bizland.com is the worst hosting company ever. They treat loyal customers like **** and change plan features with out customer knowledge or consent. Never ever use them for your hosting needs.

SgtM
10-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Be careful. I've had issues with 1&1 before. I actually talked to a rep that didn't know the difference between IIS and Apache. I now avoid them like the plague. Check out http://www.site5.com/. If you need a dedicated server, check out the folks at theplanet.com.

Oneslowz28
10-16-2010, 06:46 AM
Well my traffic on the workbench, while decent is no where near the point of needing a dedicated. I have been with 1 and 1 for over a year now and other than a few little blips in the beginning, I am happy. The plan is to move to a friends server if he ever colocates it.