PDA

View Full Version : Mad Max or Predator

Moman
04-01-2006, 07:09 PM
I am thinking of doing an xtreme mod in either a mad Max theme or a Predator theme. Looking to see what you guys think, and any ideas for the mod. Think tank it.

Slug Toy
04-01-2006, 08:13 PM
if you are planning on doing the predator theme in terms of the aliens and their technology, im for that. that stuff looks very purpose-built and ready for battle.

xmastree
04-01-2006, 08:30 PM
The first thing you should do, is make a poll on this thread. So you can see at a glance what people think.

I would vote for mad Max.

Make it look like it's made from junk. 8)

OvRiDe
04-01-2006, 09:29 PM
The Mad Max theme would definately be more unique. I would be anxious to see how you pull that one off.. :)

Rankenphile
04-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Mad Max, all the way. Make it a total scrap heap.

DaveW
04-01-2006, 10:26 PM
Anyone who knows how much i love Fallout (i.e. anyone who's been in a room with me for 2 minutes) knows exactly what i'm about to say.

Mad Max, dude. There's no competition here. That's like saying Daddy or Chips.
(might need to be British to get that joke)

-Dave

xmastree
04-01-2006, 11:26 PM
That's like saying Daddy or Chips.
(might need to be British to get that joke)I am, and I still don't... :?

therealjoe
04-02-2006, 06:04 AM
in mad max theres loads of junk you can get ideas from but if you did predator you would be struggling for ideas well i was i was thinking about doing a predator themed mod but i couldnt get any ideas ive never seen mad max tho :D

DaveW
04-02-2006, 05:02 PM
xmastree, havn't you seen the adverts for mycain oven chips on the telly?

Little girl 1: What do you like better, Daddy or chips?
Little girl 2: Daddy...or chips...
{insert montage of the little girl spending the whole day thinking about the question, before cutting back to dinner time: little girls both get a nice plate of McCain oven chips. Enter Daddy, who steals a chip from Little girl 2.
Little Girl 2: (to little girl 1) Chips.

-Dave

sega01
04-02-2006, 07:38 PM
mad max all the way! i dont know of any mods that have been mad max themed, but ive seen lots of predator mods. it would be very original. you could probally look at some halflife mods for ideas - some of them have a really neat rust effect/some neat temperature and power gauge alterations.

either way i cant wait to see how the mod turns out.
good luck!

xmastree
04-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Heh... Jet black, with a big chrome supercharger at the front and two huge fuel tanks at the back.

The last of the V8 interceptors (http://www.madmaxmovies.com/fanstuff/cars/index.html) 8)

public_eyesore
04-02-2006, 10:41 PM
The first thing you should do, is make a poll on this thread. So you can see at a glance what people think.

I would vote for mad Max.

Make it look like it's made from junk. 8)
i seond this notion. I have no idea what mad max is, but predator is overdone, and that sounds cool to make somthing out of trash.

OvRiDe
04-02-2006, 11:24 PM
I have no idea what mad max is...

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/65/60/81m.jpg

This might help you out.. LINK (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079501/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnx0dD0xfGZiPXV8cG49MHxrdz0xfHE9TWFkTW F4fGZ0PTF8bXg9MjB8bG09NTAwfGNvPTF8aHRtbD0xfG5tPTE_ ;fc=2;ft=23;fm=1)

xmastree
04-03-2006, 01:46 AM
I have no idea what mad max isBURN THE HERETIC! :eek:

But you've heard of Mel Gibson, right?

Plenty of Fan sites out there.
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/

http://www.madmaxmovies.com/cars/madmax3/images/Aunty/AuntyInAction.jpg

OvRiDe
04-03-2006, 02:59 AM
Mees agrees with xmastree (Not on the burning part.. :)) The part about the Last of the V8 Interceptors.
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/fanstuff/cars/LastV8/SPerspective.jpg
Bad to the bone!!

jdbnsn
04-03-2006, 05:01 AM
I vote Mad Max as well, and have an idea to throw at you. Remember the Road Warrior and that armored tractor trailor they built to burst through the barbarians surrounding the fortress? You could model it after that bad boy complete with top-mounted archers in their spiked turret...well, thingy's. And how about building a couple of truck style exhaust pipes that run up along side the cabin and this could be your case ventilation if you mount fans in the base of the pipes. Also, you could get a couple of those small smoke generators like Crimson_sky used in Doom3 to produce smoke from the pipes and under the hood. Yeah, the Mad Max thing has potential, wheels covered by grills, oil stains, blood, and loose shotgun shells. I like it!

xmastree
04-03-2006, 07:13 AM
And in about 20 years time, when it's still running, you can say:
"Yep, the last of the dual-core Athlons"

:)

RangerDanger
04-04-2006, 06:08 PM
definitly the predator theme.

Cevinzol
04-05-2006, 04:14 AM
I like the mad max idea. Its post-apocalyptic so just about anything can go.
Remember to hang a bloody hacksaw blade and handcuff off the case

jdbnsn
04-05-2006, 11:33 AM
I like the mad max idea. Its post-apocalyptic so just about anything can go.
Remember to hang a bloody hacksaw blade and handcuff off the case

Yeah!!!! Perfect Idea!

GT40_GearHead
04-06-2006, 07:34 AM
i'm building a similar thing it is almost 180 kilos (metal goog:p wood bad:mad: ugg ugg ugg)but i dont have a webcam so..... sorry it will be ready in about 3 to 4 months (excuse my english:( :( )
:D
8) MAD MAX RULES8)

xmastree
04-06-2006, 08:09 AM
i'm building a similar thing it is almost 180 kilosAww, come on... You're building a 180kg computer? We need photos, and we need them NOW!

GT40_GearHead
04-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Aww, come on... You're building a 180kg computer? We need photos, and we need them NOW!
:D
sorry:D but i dont have any digital camera (:mad: no money:mad: ) everthing is going in this thing it is turning in to a monster! the idea was to build a remote control chassi
in which i would put the mb and thingy's but tha' thing got out of control; i'm going to use a car(or motorbike) engine to power the hole s**t 8) now that i'm thinking over it it will probable weigh much MORE:p :p
(again sorry for the spelling (not english):( )

guitar.child
04-17-2006, 02:01 PM
i love preadator but i'll say mad max