PDA

View Full Version : Warning!!! Pump Warranty

blaze15301
10-20-2010, 06:14 PM
IF YOU OWN ANY SWIFTECH PUMPS. DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE THEM APART AT ALL FOR ANY REASON.

the reason for this being is that it will void your warranty. you can not take any thing from swiftech apart not even the block. this all will void the warranty. so now i am fighting with swiftech to take my pump back. this is a load of bull ****. every forum every where and any person who knows anything about water cooling knows you have to take the stuff apart to clean it. but according to michelle over at swiftech that is not correct.

so i thought i would share with everyone who runs water my information before you call them with a issue.

x88x
10-20-2010, 06:27 PM
If it's a Laing Swiftech pump (the DDC pumps; Laing makes them and Swiftech buys them, slaps their name on them, and sells them), you might be able to take it directly to Laing. They seem to generally not deal directly with consumers (like most manufacturers), but hey, it's worth a try. Going off their terms of sale document, they cover it for 18 months after manufacture.
Laing DDC info page (http://lainginc.itt.com/LG-pump-DDC-Series.asp)

If that doesn't work, there's always the third option...'give up' with the current rep, then contact them again and...lie. :whistler: If you didn't break anything when you opened it and there aren't any 'warranty void if..' stickers, how will they know you opened it?

blaze15301
10-20-2010, 06:31 PM
i painted the base and ring of it.

Oneslowz28
10-20-2010, 06:32 PM
Or the third option of not buying any swiftech products ever again and supporting true community friends like Danger Den.

blaze15301
10-20-2010, 06:32 PM
yeah it i have to buy another one im going with DD oneslow. they seem to treat people better.

Oneslowz28
10-20-2010, 06:35 PM
I have had several conversations with Dan at DangerDen and I can vouch for them. They really do care about their customers and they know that the community is their lifeblood. I am running their CPX Pro (Jingway 1200) and its silent and moves some water.

x88x
10-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Ah, yeah, kinda hard to hide the paint... :whistler:

Definitely agree on DD. I have one Swiftech block that I got because, well, it was the cheapest..and I wish I hadn't. The threads are down inside a tube, and are made of softer plastic. I had to really work to get one of my Swiftech fittings on it the first time and when I took it off, the threads were mostly stripped. :facepalm: I had to use a NPT1/4>G1/4 converter to bite in new threads.

Fun thing about the pumps though, now that I check their site, all of Switech's pump are rebranded Laing pumps, some of which are actually cheaper through DD. :D

EDIT:
I've heard good things about the CPX line of pumps, but personally I'll stick with Laing whenever possible. They're a bit more expensive, but the..idk, the pedigree I guess you could say?..is worth it to me. The fact that most of their business is with pumps that move massive amount of water 24/7 for years on end gives me more confidence in the life/durability of the product.

blaze15301
10-20-2010, 06:56 PM
well good news is steve the tech knew what he was doing. the bad news is i still hate swiftech and probably will never buy from them again. i was actually coxeted into buying them by a guy named conundrum over at overclocks and toms. he told me DD was ****. but my block isnt all bad i mean from what i have herd it is one of the top performing block's on the market. but yeah they still suck not DD swifttech

Oneslowz28
10-20-2010, 07:06 PM
First rule of teh Internets: Only take advice from trusted members of TBCS. The guys on other sites are crazy and probably own macs or something weird like that...

artoodeeto
10-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Macs? *shudder..... Oneslow, I come here so I don't have to hear that term (except as applied to scrumptious burgers from that pillar of Western consumerist society, yea the very Golden Arches themselves, McDonald's. :D )

And oh yeah, I'll also vouch for Danger Den, they're great! Seems odd to me though that the swiftech line would have issues if they're just rebranded Liang pumps; after all, I have a Danger Den Liang DDC in my own system and aside from some slight buzzing it works great.

blaze15301
10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
well this guy spent like 2 grand on his system. like he does a build log and a tear down twice a month just for the hell of it. but i guess it just goes to show even experienced people are moronic. and if you bitch about something enough to the right people all goes well.

nevermind1534
10-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Is koolance any better?

Oneslowz28
10-20-2010, 08:06 PM
.... Dd

nevermind1534
10-20-2010, 08:07 PM
.... Dd

lol; yes, I get that, but is koolance any better than swiftech about their warranty?

Oneslowz28
10-20-2010, 08:14 PM
I have no idea honestly. The only WC company I have dealt with besides DD is Thermaltake. Both systems are still running 100%.

Kayin
10-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Koolance is rather similar to Swiftech about their warranty. In fact, almost everyone is to some degree. However, they mostly will tell you to clean your blocks. Michelle at Swiftech ought to know better. Especially as they recommend that Hydrx junk that simply clogs up loops.

blaze15301
10-20-2010, 09:23 PM
yeah well Michelle apparently dosetn know squat because Steve corrected everything she said to me almost immediately.

mDust
10-21-2010, 11:41 AM
I've taken my Swiftech CPU block apart many times...warranty be damned! I can't think of a reason I'd ever need to return it anyway... I only take it apart to check it since I can't see into it like some of my GPU blocks. It's always been sparkling clean since I run water with silver particles and no fancy, expensive magic fluids. I haven't been able to take apart my Koolance pump as it's located inside a sealed reservoir...I'd imagine it looks just like my blocks though.

blaze15301
10-21-2010, 11:42 AM
now i run silver threw my loop and my block had black stuff inside it.

mDust
10-21-2010, 11:47 AM
now i run silver threw my loop and my block had black stuff inside it.

Was it actual silver or a watercooling product marketed as silver? Silver does tarnish, I guess, but other than that it should be mostly nonreactive.

blaze15301
10-21-2010, 01:07 PM
http://jab-tech.com/Antimicrobial-Silver-Strip-pr-4530.html

that what i use.

mDust
10-22-2010, 12:32 AM
http://jab-tech.com/Antimicrobial-Silver-Strip-pr-4530.html

that what i use.

That shouldn't cause any buildup. What fluid do you use?

blaze15301
10-22-2010, 12:46 AM
distilled. its not build up its like tarnish or someting

mDust
10-22-2010, 01:11 AM
distilled. its not build up its like tarnish or someting

Rinse the block and silver piece with vinegar or other acidic solution and make sure the distilled water is pure distilled and doesn't contain any minerals added for taste. Sulfur is what causes silver to tarnish. Rinse the loop out and make sure no vinegar gets back in the loop.

dr.walrus
10-22-2010, 06:44 PM
Did the sticker say: 'WARRANTY VOID IF BROKEN'?

blaze15301
10-22-2010, 06:58 PM
nope but its all settled now they dont recommend you take anything apart. and if they find out you do well they will most likely blame you.

dr.walrus
10-22-2010, 07:07 PM
i've voided dozens of warranties for non-authorised repairs before. Can't honour a warranty after it's been done, because you end up warrantying someone else's work! It's not the same with simply broken seals - I used to let those through in circumstances where we knew full well the product had issues that matched those of the device coming in. With odd problems, and an opened product, it really can hint at the customer being to blame!