PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas on new mod??

RangerDanger
04-04-2006, 05:43 PM
i've been seeing alot of ppl putting comps into their own thing. i was thinkin of thingfs i could put a comp inside and i tihnk i have one. A SUBWOOFER BOX! This will be my first mod (except for puttin a window inmy ps2). I would make the window where the sub normally is. Any1 have anything else i could include in this design?......thanks....how do u get pics up here!?:mad:

My current rig is posted in the Project galleries section

archmaille
04-04-2006, 06:37 PM
hmmm... lights is always a popular idea, especially among the windowed cases.

pictures are put up using the img command you can just do [ img ] http://www.server.com/image.jpg [ /img ] (without the spaces) and it should show the image.

RangerDanger
04-04-2006, 06:47 PM
yea i got the image thing figured out ealrier..and yea im def puttin lights in.

RangerDanger
04-04-2006, 09:21 PM
i need help on seting up the pci slots in the box.

OvRiDe
04-04-2006, 10:11 PM
This worklog may give you some ideas.. http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1022&page=3

RangerDanger
04-05-2006, 04:14 PM
For pci slots and such i ws tihnkin about cutting the back out of a case (where mobo plugs go and card outputs are) then cutting the shape into the enclosure....but this is not definite...and try not to make ideas to complicated...im only 14 :(

tybrenis
04-05-2006, 04:16 PM
im only 14 :(

Never stopped me. I'm 14 as well, don't let that get you down, it's about dedication and work ethic, not about age. If you can use the internet to research, use your brain to experiment, and your hands to create a final product after research and testing and whatnot... than you are just as good as any one else here.

RangerDanger
04-05-2006, 07:15 PM
anybodyh have a cheap case in mind?...a side window would be nice. but i need the cheapest...somthing i could cut apart and include in my design...i mainly shop newegg and tigerdirect. Thanx

archmaille
04-05-2006, 11:01 PM
For the box were you planning on carpeting it like a normal sub box, or painting it?

RangerDanger
04-06-2006, 04:11 PM
probably carpey but tpaint the inside....im makin the box most likely. and i wanna sort of stealth it out....for fan grills have blk plexiglass twith holes...so u dont really see the fans..except for when u look in.

RangerDanger
04-09-2006, 12:06 AM
BUMP i got a great idea...im giong to sink the disc drives into the vent on a sub...liek this 1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SINGLE-10-SUBWOOFER-VENTED-PORTED-ENCLOSURE-SUB-BOX-U_W0QQitemZ8054938504QQcategoryZ38647QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

then i would make some tip of lip ( prob out of plexi) so the drive will be easy to feed vertically......all tips, measurements, thoughts, and ideas are helpful

CanaBalistic
04-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Whatever you do. DO NOT RUN A SUB IN THE BOX!!! thats way to much vibration. not to mention the gigantic magnets inches from your computer parts

Im sure it wouldnt be hard to find a 10 or 12 inch fan to fill the hole. Supieror cooling :)

RangerDanger
04-11-2006, 08:52 PM
lol yea i kno enough about speakers to not put in in a comp lol yea the 1 for my comp shakes my whole room..id think it would rattle a comp a few inches a way lol. but yea i was tihnkin about putting a fan in the whole but it prob be hard to find plus..i love windows...so the whole will be a window with a sub "grill" over it

CanaBalistic
04-11-2006, 09:40 PM
have you thought about a double band pass box with a front window? fan in one hole, window in the other

just a thought

RangerDanger
04-12-2006, 02:22 PM
i have thought bout that but i also want it to be small, which cancelled taht idea out.

RangerDanger
04-12-2006, 02:23 PM
if i get a free srap...but working comp from some1, i might make another with a fan there.

Chex
04-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Rather than black plexi over the fans, why not get actual speaker grills?

EDIT: and perhaps rather than a window, get another, larger speaker grill. You could still put lights on the inside, and the effect would be pretty nifty.

RangerDanger
04-12-2006, 02:57 PM
exactly what im doing yea i decided to add a mesh grill to the fans on the side...and for the window in the front i will be adding a grill.....people peobably think of the grills by kicker and audiobahn....i dont kno if the whole will be roudn or square likea kicker sub.