PDA

View Full Version : Watercooling Tutorial

jdbnsn
04-05-2006, 06:55 AM
Hi everyone,

I have noticed that this area seems to be the hub for experts in different area throwing in some excellent tutorials. So I have a request, can someone create a beginning to end watercooling tutorial as if explaining to an absolute laymen (me) all of the facets of a watercooling system? I would like to know everything there is to know about the fundamentals (not necessarily market products), but what is each piece designed to do (e.g. reservoir's purpose), explain how flow is set up, typical specs on pumps, total system volumes, maintenence, filling, etc... This is something I would love to learn about and haven't found that good of info elsewhere. Most people I ask just say, "not worth the trouble to build, just buy a kit", but I'm not interested in a kit, I'm interested in the knowledge. Anyone game?

xmastree
04-05-2006, 07:34 AM
Yeah, I second the request.

tybrenis
04-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I'll get started on one when I get home, I have a lot of experience on this subject. I have next week off so I'll probably finish it then, hopefully. Great idea!

jdbnsn
04-05-2006, 11:27 AM
I'll get started on one when I get home, I have a lot of experience on this subject. I have next week off so I'll probably finish it then, hopefully. Great idea!

That would be awesome, I appreciate you taking the time!
Jon

tybrenis
04-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Ghetto guide posted here:

http://www.powerpackedpc.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=15&page=1