PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas on this one

Nagoshi
04-07-2006, 06:44 PM
I was thinking about the blowhole I would do to the case I want to mod (see my other thread for more infos) and here are the shots of the 2 cases Im stuck with.
http://www.pisschrist.net/uca/Frost/compshots/p3frontshot.jpg
This is my Pentium3 case, the one I use right now (remove the lower CD drive, it has been changed for a third hard disk)

http://www.pisschrist.net/uca/Frost/compshots/p4insideback.jpg
http://www.pisschrist.net/uca/Frost/compshots/p4detailedfront.jpg
These 2 pics are for the same case, my Pentium4 case (which has blown off). Really basic plastic looking.

I was thinking about modding the Pentium4 case and use it for my computer, since I already somehow like the Pentium3's style. The P4's case is odd-looking, plastic case. I personally HATE it. So I thought I could get something done with that. At first, there is no front intake for air, so the first thing that should be done would be an intake (or a blowhole, but in my case, I need to make the air enter by the front and get to the back, what doesnt help is that I have a dog and where my compy is placed the dog sometimes come there and its tail could get caught in the fan, and many thing could get in the computer by there). So Im asking you if you happen to have any spare ideas for a front intake/blowhole on the Pentium4 case (or if I could get something stealthly done to my Pentium3 case for a front intake I would like it too).

I am also considering painting the Pentium4 case. Here what Slug Toy wrote in my other topic :

i might be able to help with colours though. im the resident designer at my house as well (i have experience in almost everything these days). you would want to go with blue if you dont want the case to be too eye-catching, because it would blend with the green of your desk. if you want the case to really stand out, go with red because its the opposite of green on the colour chart. as for silver, it works with a lot of things, so dont worry about making changes to it.

personally, id like to see you do a silver and dark cobalt blue combo, because those colours look so good together. cobalt and ultra pure white is a second best. add in some dull blue lighting, and you've got a very interesting scene happening.
I was thinking of going on a black (or anything dark) painting and using a silverish color to make a contrast, and using blue or red lighting effect. Of course my front fan will have LEDs, so now I must think about which color I want to use.

Nagoshi
04-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Sweet, I got the front panel of my Pentium4 case and took a closer look today, the power, reset buttons and LED indicators are right in the way of the fan. What is making the thing wirst, they are not removable. Which means if I have to move them away, I will have to cut all this part (probly from the USB panel to the first 3.25'' slot) and get new buttons. Unless I take my hammer and start smashing where the buttons are glued, Ill need to cut everything anyway. I took all the measurements tonight for the front panel only (didnt had the time to take the case measurements).

I am thinking about making some weird shaped intake (some kind of a quartermoon) shaped around my power button and stopping by the reset button. Ill have much time to think about it, I wont start the working before I am sure of what I am going to do.

Actually I am in the ''brainstorming'' state, so ANY and ALL ideas are accepted. Thanks!