PDA

View Full Version : Small sized 'board

VandaL
04-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Hey guys, im looking for a very small board for my upcoming mod.
Something ideal would be the size of the barebones systems use...
but everywhere that i looked, they only sell the barebones system as a whole:mad:

any ideas??:? .....there is 1 catch tho....i need a P4...not AMD

Thanks

public_eyesore
04-12-2006, 02:05 PM
micor atx is what your probably looking for. But there is always mini itx's too (mini or micor idk search both)

archmaille
04-12-2006, 04:09 PM
yeah, you'll need to be more specific on your case configuration. First thing that comes to my mind would be a Micro ATX board, but that's not the only small sized board out there.

DaveW
04-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Crazy Billy Bob's got a teny tiny mobo for his R2 unit mod; check the last page of his worklog.
What sort of mod you got in mind? Don't worry about anyone here stealing your ideas; if anyone wanted to, they'd ask first. If you're not ready to spill the beans, that's cool :)

-Dave

VandaL
04-12-2006, 11:55 PM
well my initial "idea" was to take some audio shelf system.....somethin' like this
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/9452/mxgc5image4mp.gif

gut the CD components, cuz i have other places i can listen to CDs....and just keep the cassette decks....in the empty space above the cassettes i wanted to place the pc hardware....BUT im now not that sure the sizing will work out...

the only purpose of the pc is to dwnld 24/7....but why not make it with style :D

tybrenis
04-13-2006, 12:22 AM
Great idea! Give us some dimensions and we'll give you advise. A mini itx mobo or a micro ATX mobo could probably fit. It'll be the PSU that knocks you.

public_eyesore
04-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Definatly mini itx is the board you are looking for.

VandaL
04-13-2006, 10:32 AM
yeah...ps is what im worried about too
one of the impovazations that i have thought of so far, is to take off the existing sides and replace them with some aluminum

thanks for the quick advice

public_eyesore
04-13-2006, 11:59 AM
sounds fine, but maybe plexi would be better(its not a metal so its not as conductive, and its easier to work with.