PDA

View Full Version : IRQL not less or equal bsod

aintnothang
01-17-2011, 08:11 PM
I will randomly get this message as I get the BSOD. Then it will boot up right after normally. Any suggestions how to fix it?

mDust
01-17-2011, 08:38 PM
From what I've read it's likely an IRQ channel conflict which can be resolved in the BIOS by simply changing the channel that is having the problem...which one depends on the specific error. (If your BIOS doesn't allow you to change them, you can do it in your OS as well...just search for 'how to change irq...' and type your OS for detailed instructions.) You can look up the error code in the crash dump. How to find the crash dump also depends on your OS...so you can google it now that you know what to search for.;) Once you find the exact error code and figure out what it means, you can then figure out what to change in the IRQ stack.
Good luck!

DrkSide
01-17-2011, 09:50 PM
Might try running memtest as well. May not be the memory but that would be my first test.

nevermind1534
01-17-2011, 10:37 PM
Is your memory getting enough voltage? When I was stuck using my friend's Corsair memory, I had to give it a ton of voltage to get all four modules to run close to advertised speeds. I'm guessing that my board has a slight incompatibility, or the memory just isn't as good as the reaper that I was using.

aintnothang
01-18-2011, 02:44 AM
So I opened my dump file and got this...
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7342/13311186.jpg

mDust
01-18-2011, 03:42 AM
Honestly, I'm not a programmer and much of that is just as gibberish to me as I assume it is to you.
I found this though:
fltmgr.sys is the Windows driver filter manager. It's part of the Windows kernel and thus is IRQL 0...which is what your BSOD error message related to. fltmgr.sys deals with all the drivers for your hardware. If you recently installed a new or updated driver, I'd start looking there. I'm way too lazy to manually type in those error codes but they likely point to specific driver problems...so google them. (under "stack text")

Luke122
01-18-2011, 12:05 PM
Make sure your BIOS is set for PNP OS... otherwise the hardware tries to assign IRQ's rather than letting Windows control it.

I second the memory testing as well, also, check your Windows Event Viewer under System, and see if there's any issues there.

aintnothang
01-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Make sure your BIOS is set for PNP OS... otherwise the hardware tries to assign IRQ's rather than letting Windows control it.

I second the memory testing as well, also, check your Windows Event Viewer under System, and see if there's any issues there.

Where would i look in the bios? Nothing in event viewer. =(

aintnothang
01-18-2011, 11:35 PM
No memory errors.....

Luke122
01-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Where would i look in the bios? Nothing in event viewer. =(

Typically under the advanced options, or second page of most BIOS's.

PNP OS = YES (default is NO)

MrGoat
01-22-2011, 12:04 AM
looks like folks have covered the most common causes but there is one other thing I would do as well. Run a chkdsk /f on the drive that houses your swap files. Sometimes irql not less or equal is driver\device related and others its a mem issue including swap files so if all else fails chkdsk it and make sure the disk is still in good shape.

aintnothang
02-21-2011, 03:48 AM
I checked hdd and ram both tested good. Now I am getting a ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC error.

MrGoat
02-24-2011, 05:43 AM
Looking at the new error and the parts of the sys dump you posted it more and more points to a bad driver. I'd update all of your drivers to the current versions posted at the manufacturers websites and if all else fails posibly a fresh windows install may be in order. :(