PDA

View Full Version : Loud Pump

diluzio91
02-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I have a swiftec pump with an XSPC clear top on it, i have noticed that it is getting extremely loud. I'm using 1/4 inch ID tubing, compression fittings, and the res is directly above the pump with an anti cyclone fitting attached. Is there anything i can do to quiet my pump?

x88x
02-16-2011, 02:37 PM
I seem to remember artoo having a similar problem. ..I forget what the solution was though.

diluzio91
02-16-2011, 03:35 PM
maybe he will stumble upon this soon...

MrGoat
02-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Which pump are we talking? Is it a DDC type or a D5 type? Which top do you have? And most importantly how do you have it mounted?

Spawn-Inc
02-17-2011, 01:10 AM
Which pump are we talking? Is it a DDC type or a D5 type? Which top do you have? And most importantly how do you have it mounted?

same questions.
Plus;

did this pump all of a sudden become loud?
did the water level drop?
how old is the pump and loop?

diluzio91
02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz302/diluzio91/IMG_0621.jpg

I think I bought it from Blue On Black, but i guess i have been running the computer without the side panel, and there's a lot of noise, but it seems like most of it is from the pump. water level hasnt been an issue since i got compression fittings, and the res is right above the pump

The culprit may also be a rouge fan that isnt hooked into my fan controller... hmmmmm..... i think ill take the pump apart this weekend and see if i can clean it a little.

x88x
02-17-2011, 02:51 PM
How do you have the pump mounted? I found that with the way I had mine mounted for a while, it would gradually work itself loose of the velcro and make an annoying hum until I pushed it down into place.

MrGoat
02-18-2011, 03:38 AM
I've found that my DDC is silent when isolated but makes enough vibration that if I have it mounted directly to anything like the bottom of a case it will use the case as a drum and become annoyingly loud.

artoodeeto
02-19-2011, 06:04 PM
maybe he will stumble upon this soon...

It would appear I've stumbled upon this thread :D

My pump, visually at least, is very similar, although my two nozzles are on the front of the pump and I have the top one blocked off.
I originally attributed my pump's buzzing noise to the spinner portion slightly grazing the housing as it spun, and this seemed to have been caused by the way I had it mounted. I'd only screwed it down on one side, to two pieces of aluminum flat bar that weren't directly attached to each other. It had a fair bit of wobble room, so now the pump is screwed down with two screws to the inner base of the case. It's sitting parallel to the floor, with a piece of 1/8" foam between it and the base. For awhile it was ok, but it gradually develops the buzzing problem after it's been on a few minutes. I'm now attributing the issue to the temperature of the coolant - seems that as the temp goes up, the buzzing gets louder. At this point, aside from changing coolant (using Feser 1 black right now), I don't really know what to do about it.