PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm a mac geek now

LiTHiUM0XiD3
02-16-2011, 07:42 PM
i honestly cant believe im saying this.. but from running OSX for a week to havin an iphone and jailbreaking every possible device out there...
im in love with mac... hate me if you will...
but there is nothing but perfection with these devices :D
(trust me the prices still make me shudder)
anyone here a native mac user? lets talk :)

AmEv
02-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Well, my elementary school was rich enough to afford Macs. In all the classrooms.

I remember when we had a brand-new eMac lab.

Technochicken
02-16-2011, 09:28 PM
My school is also full of macs, so I use them all the time. Although I do not especially like the operating system, a benefit of our school's technology system is that the tech staff is too lazy to fix broken macs, so I just take the semi-broken ones out of our recycling pile and see if I can fix them. I have one major complaint about the OS as well, which is that Python (which I use for my CS class) runs much slower in OS X. No exaggeration, Python code runs about as fast on my netbook as it does on an imac with a 3.06 ghz Core 2 Duo and 4 gigs of DDR3 ram.

AmEv
02-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Oooh, can I take a look at the pile? :rolleyes:

But, the OS, IMO, is TOO simple.

LiTHiUM0XiD3
02-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Open the terminal a whole new world opens

diluzio91
02-16-2011, 11:55 PM
my gf likes her mac, but heres an interesting tip, install windows on it, then run it for half an hour on any intense program, crack egg, watch egg fry, note fans still running completely silently, resell mac.

Technochicken
02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Did you install the bootcamp drivers? The fans work fine in W7 on my iMac.

diluzio91
02-17-2011, 12:46 AM
I have on 3 different macs, the fans wont increase speed with heat load.

LiTHiUM0XiD3
02-17-2011, 02:00 AM
Im not running a actual mac... :) just the os.. Im looking to get a mbp tho

OvRiDe
02-17-2011, 04:20 AM
**ahem** :unhappy:

xr4man
02-17-2011, 09:50 AM
macs are for people that don't know how to use computers. blah.

i think i found the best use for a mac reading through the worklogs here...... rape them of parts to use for cool mods for your pc.

besides, macs are nothing more than pcs now anyway running osx. they use teh same components, the same processors, the same ram. nothing special but the warantee.

Lothair
02-17-2011, 12:21 PM
The hatred is unfounded. People just like being partial to one brand over the other while making another one out to be the devil, then they rationalize that it's because they don't like it for X reason, yet they never go that far with any other product that they don't use or "don't like".

They're just an expensive brand. So are a lot of other brands (alienware).

I prefer windows for only one really honest reason, because I'm used to it and I like the familiarity. That's all it ever is at the end of the day.

LiTHiUM0XiD3
02-17-2011, 01:25 PM
OVRiDe i left certian details out for a reason lolz
xr4man, u rly need to take a look at the terminal.. its a unix based system so there is alot more than meets the eye

x88x
02-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Meh, if I wanted BSD I would use BSD. :P I will admit though, they have done a good job making their software work well together. As long as you stay in the garden, all is well.

I'll take my Linux Thinkpad any day. :D

knowledgegranted
02-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Im not running a actual mac... :) just the os.. Im looking to get a mbp tho

I want to get an MBp too!! However Personally I would wait 'till June. There are supposedly some sweeeet new pro's coming out soon. But you didn't hear it from me.

SgtM
02-17-2011, 06:18 PM
I haven't made the jump to Mac or osx, but I can't get enough of my iPhone. I'm on my second one. Upgraded to the i4 from a 3G two weeks ago. My wife is hooked now too;)

LiTHiUM0XiD3
02-18-2011, 02:40 AM
love my 3GS but i think im gunna wait for i5... apparently it will be dual CPU with dedicated GPU.... i love the i4... i just cant justify the costs yet..
command line looks a hell of alot smaller on the high resolution i4 screen :P