PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Case

guitar.child
04-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Hey everyone I am starting a mod project and need some help. I want to build a Pirate case adn have few ideas maybe you all can help

-A pirate treasure chest and the case opens from the top on a hinge.

-Pirate ship with flag and sails, people on deck and cannons.

Thanks all advice is welcome.

guitar.child
04-15-2006, 03:33 PM
Also Should I make the outside real wood or stick to some plastics?

RangerDanger
04-15-2006, 04:14 PM
I would cover it in wood, but try to make the wood beatup or even chip it up a lil bit.

RangerDanger
04-15-2006, 04:16 PM
also i would try to include a wheel in the front such as this one.

http://home.comcast.net/~shipswheels/15inchtop.jpg

guitar.child
04-15-2006, 06:22 PM
thanks that is cool. im going to try and use all those ideas. i especially like the chipped old wood stuff. i'll have to use a wheel like on the side to unscrew the chest lock...i dunno its will be comming along.

bigbaddog
04-15-2006, 06:24 PM
ARRRGGG!

Send an e-mail to Redbeard-he can help ye:)

RangerDanger
04-15-2006, 07:30 PM
yea i appreciate u using my ideas...and u shoudl amke a sketch...people understand alot better using visuals.

guitar.child
04-15-2006, 07:32 PM
I finally made a sketch look on worklogs and see my gorgeus sketch from paint.

The Modfather
04-16-2006, 07:44 AM
Here's some ideas...

Use the wood idea (I'm doing that in part with my current project) and where it's not wood, paint the case a nice shiny black, cut a window in a wavy pattern and etch a pirate flag into it so the window looks like the flag. Have a place like HyperKore.com do the etch for you and use the V1 blackout style and then it'd look amazing when lit from within.

On the Mobo side, just for the hell of it, put a portal. It doesn't have to have an actual window, just get an old brass ship's portal (check ebay or places like that) paint the interior of the portal with an ocean scene or something, or make it the inside and paint a pirate looking out of the portal.

Get yourself a Zalman Resorator for water-cooling and build a balsa wood Lighthouse around it, put a rotating light in the top, that'd look awesome too.

The ship's wheel idea is cool, why not incorporate an analog meter in the center of it so it's functional as well as good looking?

Be sure to include a plank off the side of the case with some kind of figure being walked off it. :)

Well, that's some ideas.

jsb666
04-16-2006, 08:01 AM
The Modfather what a cool name :) welcome to the boards. I would say use his ideas they are awsum :)

guitar.child
04-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Tank you that was awesome. I like the port hole it was sweet

The Modfather
04-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Thanks guys, coming up with ideas is something I do all the time, just never have time to incorporate most of 'em. So I'll be happy to throw out more whenever I can. :)

guitar.child
04-17-2006, 01:44 PM
I have to pause this Idea as of now to work on a project that might make me some money to afford this pirate case......bye

The Modfather
04-18-2006, 03:08 AM
Do tell? Details man, what's the project? Or is it hush hush?