PDA

View Full Version : Got ideas? care to share?

justleftlife
04-17-2006, 07:08 AM
So this is the deal... i have three cases one is a full ATX with a plaxi glass side and s front with some LED's and the other is an old HP from 2 years ago holding nothing at all!

I have such a hard time getting an idea so i thought if any one has an idea and wants to give it to me i would like to try my hand for the first time on a mod...

This seems to me be the best way for me to start. Seeing as how i can think of anything! so if you have and idea and are okay seeing some one else do it PASS IT TO ME home slice!

CanaBalistic
04-17-2006, 03:43 PM
home slice!

I love that saying!

You could paint the chassi, exterior. You could add more fans or a watercooling kit.

Stealth your drives, or get a front panel display.

Some pictures would help...

Slug Toy
04-17-2006, 05:30 PM
if you want ideas for themes (assuming you're up for trying a themed case), i may be able to help. most of the time my head is full of useless ideas that i probably can never get around to.

one thing ive wanted to see for a while is a computer inside a jet engine, or something that looks like a jet engine.

another cool one would be to fill a case with imitation spider webs. maybe use fishing line or some thin copper or aluminum wire to do it, and light it with some led's to get some gistening happening.

another idea i was throwing around was a full water cooling integration. by this i mean extensive fabrication. the top wall of the case would be the radiator, and the front bezel would be the reservoir. maybe you could even modify a copper heatsink and fan to act as both the waterblock and pump. use some UV led's and reactive dyes for lighting and nothing else. THATS what i mean by integrated, it all looks like it was meant to be. this one is on my to-do list, but if you do it, thats one that i no longer have to worry about.

one of my favourite ideas was the half-assed mod. i wanted to do it, but i cant bring myself to sacrifice a case. you could just kind of randomly cut and add thing and make it look really messed up. get drunk and do it, or blindfold yourself (just dont use power tools if you do that).

im having a less-than-creative day today, so if you need more ideas, give me a day or so to think.

The Modfather
04-18-2006, 03:03 AM
Can you post any pics of the cases as they are now?

Also post some things that you're into, music, tv shows, books, artistic styles, anything you're real into.

justleftlife
04-18-2006, 10:33 AM
well i am going to try to get some picks for you guys here soon, but i am really into the mods that are kinda conservative with really good wire hideing in plain site! i love cars music snowboarding and skate boarding, RPG's. just about everything thats why i am so torn.

I wanted to a FF XI mod but i dotn know where to start with that!

CanaBalistic
04-18-2006, 06:01 PM
humm... im not really sure how you could do a final fantasy theme besides a cool paint job and an etched window.

Ill let you in on my little mod im doing, its clean and conservitave. im taking an old and i mean old server case and removing the one piece cover and plan to put sheet aluminum on the sides & top aswell as removing the frot beziel and slaping more aluminum on there to. brushed if i can get it or recreate the effect. i plan to have a red theme. i've allready ordered the red wire sleeving kit with red molex connectors. i've ordered 4 aluminum red led fans. and plan on having a huge 360mm rad with 6 aluminum 120mm red led fans. I am going to cut 3 120mm holes in the front aluminum beziel and mount the rad in an upright position. i've allready removed the drive cages and cut an old desktop case and stolen its small drive cage to make room for the huge rad. Maybe a red painted chassi. red ide cables. watercooled of course.

you probly dont want to tred down that road but it should give you some ideas.

Go to xoxide.com and browse around thier inventory. look for cool gadjets and gizmo's and see if you'd be able to incorperate some of the ideas and or parts into a theme you'd like

PICS PICS PICS!!!
we need some to help you any further

The Modfather
04-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Hmm, well your interests are fairly common, not a lot to really go with there as a lot of those have been done before. The only one that stands out is maybe the RPG concept, which RPGs do you play? Maybe something themed to a less known RPG like V&V or Vampire or something? :)

RangerDanger
04-19-2006, 11:14 PM
i heart cars as well...my next mod...(if not done by u)...is to do a pro-street car mod. Have a shotgun scoop sticking out of the top of the comp and hide 2 fans in it and the rest would come to mind.

The Modfather
04-20-2006, 04:33 AM
Someone did do a mod that isn't too unlike that though I imagine your vision of it is entirely different. Also, don't think that just because someone else is doing it you can't too. Nothing wrong with two approaches to the same ideas.