PDA

View Full Version : $$$How can I make money?$$$

guitar.child
04-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Does anyone have any ideas how to make money. I am currently a senior with no job options where I live and I need a small source of income. Does anyone have any ieas? Thank you.

DaveW
04-17-2006, 04:55 PM
Try a job?

Sorry, but i had to say it...you can't have no job options. I'm a student and i work in TGI Fridays to make cash. Last week i made over £100 in tips alone. Hence how i can afford this expensve hobby, not to mention a sometimes expensive girlfriend...man, i'm glad she can't see this!

Have an ask around your locale, see what comes up. I see it says you live on an army base in Germany? Are you German, or are you posted there from another country?

-Dave

Slug Toy
04-17-2006, 05:17 PM
if you're the adventurous type, try starting up a small business, be it legit or not.

back in my grade 12 year, i figured out that i was very good at making jewelry, so me and a couple friends set up a small thing. it didnt last long, but we made money.

just recently, another friend came to me with a business proposition for some sort of networking system installation. apparently im already a full partner in this deal, and im effectively self employed and am soon to be in charge of installing networking equipment in hotels and such. i get to set my own wages too. im just completely confused/excited about it, so needless to say, im meeting with this friend very soon over a "business lunch".

what im getting at is the fact that if you offer any sort of service, people will go for it. it may take a little while to get off the ground, but it works. it beats working for someone else. its also very good to keep in mind that material services, such as my jewelry escapade, are more successful. people want THINGS more than anything else. pretty soon, you'll probably find yourself making contacts and getting all sorts of cool things tossed your way.

so have a think about what kinds of things you are good at, and who would want those services. if you currently have nothing, you can only go up.

jdbnsn
04-17-2006, 06:17 PM
I have done ok by buying used junk at garage sales and selling it on ebay. Just be sure if you are going to do it that you read up on it before you get too involved. It's easy, but there are lots of tricks.

RangerDanger
04-17-2006, 06:42 PM
lemonade?

jdbnsn
04-17-2006, 06:58 PM
lemonade?

HaaaaHaaaaHaaa:p

Ohtarnehtar
04-17-2006, 08:08 PM
lol, dont think that you could get much, but try modding other peoples comps for money... plus charge them for the materials! that'd be good and fun, if not especially good time management and not all that much business....but you get to try out your ideas.

TheAtomicMan
04-17-2006, 09:48 PM
My "job", so to speak, is going around to a few local buisinesses and helping them with their computers. I train them on programs, or do repair or set up networks. I have about three regular clients, and a bunch of smaller jobs, since they refer me to their friends and such. I generally charge by the job instead of by the hour, which can get me in trouble, but it's an easy way to make money, and everyone's always happy to see the computer guy. I started out doing some work for my aunt, who was tired of the overcharging nerd who did this stuff for her before. If you're good and/or cheap (I'm the cheap guy), word will spread.

Cevinzol
04-18-2006, 05:27 AM
OK you need ... one red paperclip (http://oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com/)
That's all.
(warning this site is being hit hard. He was featured on a National Morning News show Monday)

antheh
04-18-2006, 06:03 AM
I have a job at a local supermarket chain, I work a couple of days a week and the rest I spend thinking of things to do to my pc or doing something pc related.

DaveW
04-18-2006, 07:15 AM
OK you need ... one red paperclip

Holy hell i've not seen THAT before. All that for 1 red paperclip? Bugger me.

If you ask me he didn't get a good deal for that record contract! You could do better than a year in Pheonix. Or can you? I've never been to Pheonix.

-Dave

guitar.child
04-18-2006, 12:58 PM
Okay you know you hit rock bottom on no jobs availabe when i have to go online to ask for help. so don't tell me that there has to be a job. When all the wives and husbands work everythnig here. THERE ARE NO JOBS UNTIL SUMMER. So there. And I need so like sell myself for sex. Or just do the computer tech thing.

Rankenphile
04-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Holy hell i've not seen THAT before. All that for 1 red paperclip? Bugger me.

If you ask me he didn't get a good deal for that record contract! You could do better than a year in Pheonix. Or can you? I've never been to Pheonix.

-Dave

Yeah, my first time seeing that, as well. Very cool.

And I don't know about not getting a good deal for the contract, he already has offers for the year in Phoenix, including a full summer in Hollywood at a really nice pad, complete with Porche.

CanaBalistic
04-18-2006, 07:07 PM
heres an idea, one thats allways worked for me.. get your self some transportation. walking shoes, bicycle, transit, car. now since you like computers so much, make and print yourself up some resumes and hit the streets. No one likes freeloaders anyway...

DaveW
04-19-2006, 07:08 AM
Begging's always good.

But it's not gonna get you qual SLI anytime soon.

If all else fails, rob a bank.

-Dave

Omega
04-19-2006, 07:36 AM
holy crap, he's up to a year in phoenix from a paperclip.

i imagine that he has had to haggle ALOT. especially when he started out.

Rankenphile
04-19-2006, 11:29 AM
holy crap, he's up to a year in phoenix from a paperclip.

i imagine that he has had to haggle ALOT. especially when he started out.

Yeah, but at this point it looks like people are doing the exchanges more for publicity and novelty than anything else. Which is cool too, he's still providing a service to them that they would otherwise have to pay a lot of money for, so they're still getting a value.

guitar.child
04-19-2006, 05:25 PM
i wish i could freload its har enough working around my house to get things straight let alone working a rael job . ill try but it s hard when a certified computer support personal are right down the road like a 2minutes walk. its harder then you all seem to realize. so unless you want to stop accusing poeple of things you dont understand and give me help. like redbeard had the best idea mail to me it was to take up a crafting hobby that increases my modding skills yet can make back my money i dont have. so please stop being smart Arsess and try and just relax. i just asked for ideas and some cant work. thank you. p.s. my printer is broke anyways.

DaveW
04-20-2006, 10:37 AM
unless you want to stop accusing poeple of things you dont understand

Calm down buddy! We just didn't know your situation, it's not like you gave us a good explanation of why you can't work. Ok, so i poked fun a little, but only because i couldn't understand why you can't find work; truth is i still don't. I think at the end of the day the reason you get smart ass replies, is because you won't make any money here, it's out there: instead of posting us for ideas, ask around and see who needs their windows cleaned, that sort of idea.

Think about your strengths: what can you do that other's cant? What services can you, and only you, provide? Then look at where there's oppurtunity. Oh, and no matter what you end up doing, it pays to advertise-sometimes people don't know what they need till you put the idea in their head.

Sorry if you felt like i was being a smart-ass friend; i probably was to be honest. But i didn't mean to cause offence, so good luck with your endevours, and let me know how you get on.

Oh, and could you clear up one thing that's been bugging me: are you in the military, or are you a civilian? Why does your location say army base? I'm merely curious.

-Dave

p9l28a
04-21-2006, 07:13 PM
I will tell you my story how i got 800$.

So i and 4 friends were playing Torncity.com (rpg game) we were playing this game for a while 7months or more. Later we found another game i think it was criminalcountry.com or something like trhat but after few months the game were for sale (PHP FILES) for 120$ so i and my others friends bought the game for 120$ everyone paid 30$, later my mom made me an bank account so we could get money form donators(things that helps u plaay) we edit the game a litle and guys waht over 3 months we made so much money that everyone got 800$!!! the money was from Donators which peapole bought to get some specials... when i moved to another city we sold the game to somone... check it www.bloodynation.com ;-)