PDA

View Full Version : Dent popping

diluzio91
03-25-2011, 08:42 PM
How much would it be to get a dent popped back out on the curve of a car? I would use a dent puller, but its about 1inch wide, and 2 inches long

xr4man
03-25-2011, 10:22 PM
dents are usually around $100 each, if i remember right.

OvRiDe
03-25-2011, 10:56 PM
If there is no crease, sometimes you can use dry ice to cause it to pop back into place. A dent puller is going to take some significant repair afterwards.

Konrad
03-26-2011, 03:48 AM
I knew a gas-fitter guy who used plungers with great success.

He also used plumber's solder (fat ingot things made from about 90% lead) to fill in large dents, also with great success. Same idea as Bondo, I suppose.

I take no responsibility if this advice screws up your car, lol.

msmrx57
03-26-2011, 02:18 PM
If there is no crease, sometimes you can use dry ice to cause it to pop back into place. A dent puller is going to take some significant repair afterwards.

If there is no crease or body line involved this works well sometimes. You can also try getting it hot with a heat gun first. I've had some success on hot sunny days in the summer, but that's a little ways a way yet.

diluzio91
03-26-2011, 02:36 PM
UUrg. i leaned into the door of my gf's car and it popped a little dent in it, but there's a crease. I guess she found a body shop that said they can take a look at it.... Its a small dent on an old car. but whatever makes her happy. lol