PDA

View Full Version : Shaking my head at you USPS and DHL

Snowman
03-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Anyone see anything wrong with this picture?
http://knoxware.org/snowman/Pictures/DHLiHateYou.PNG

altec
03-29-2011, 12:14 PM
That there is a place called Muncie right next to a place called Richmond? Add a Lenco and you have all my favorite transmissions!

Snowman
03-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Yup and I have an "uncle" that used to work in muncie making some of the best turbos depending on your opinion.. Borg Warner.

all of this does not help that USPS deferred a package to DHL that took the package completely the wrong direction by a good 70 or so miles instead of just taking 40 to 65 and on to the sunset.

NightrainSrt4
03-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Your package isn't likely the only one on the truck. They don't generally go out of their way to make routes longer. I would think they would have everything pretty well optimized.

diluzio91
03-29-2011, 03:06 PM
i disagree. USPS is quickly becoming my favorite shipping service, dhl on the other hand is IMHO completely worthless unless you want to have your package delayed.

Snowman
03-29-2011, 03:08 PM
USPS handed this off to dhl that routed it this way. Same company same thing with only usps handling it has never routed through st louis they shoot straight up 65 to indy.

x88x
03-29-2011, 04:57 PM
It may be a longer route, but I'll bet that it ends up being quicker and cheaper. Probably, there wasn't any truck going directly from A to C, but there were trucks going from A to B and B to C. There's a lot of coordination that goes on with a big shipping operation like that, a lot of which sometimes doesn't make any sense looking at it from the outside. For example, both times I've bought a Lenovo Thinkpad from the manufacturer, it has been flown from the point of origin (one was Hong Kong, one was Shanghai), to Louisville, ...to Anchorage (yes, Anchorage Alaska)...back to Louisville...and on to the destination. Does it make sense to me? Hells no. But I'm willing to bet they had a good reason to do it.

diluzio91
03-29-2011, 07:12 PM
It could also be that the guy who designed the algorithm that determines the tracking for the shipments was someone you p.o.'d in highschool getting revenge

lol

x88x
03-29-2011, 07:16 PM
It could also be that the guy who designed the algorithm that determines the tracking for the shipments was someone you p.o.'d in highschool getting revenge

lol

lol

if(dest == Snowman)
{
travelTime *= 2;
}

:P

mDust
03-29-2011, 11:02 PM

lol

if(dest == Snowman)
{
travelTime *= 2;
}

ROFL Nice job guys.

AmEv
03-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Or, alternatively:

Program:SHIPPING
:INPUT "NAME?",str1
:IF str1="Snowman"
:"X=SHIPPING SPEED
:THEN
:DISP "OH, THIS GUY IS ON"," OUR HIGH PRIORITY LIST
:X*5->X
:END
:ELSE
:DISP "THIS POOR FOOL HAS","TO SUFFER HAHAHA!!!"
:STOP

THAT should work on their calculators. hahaha!!!

diluzio91
03-30-2011, 01:11 AM
of course theres always this.

String sap = new string "Snowman";
String addy = new string package.readName();
if(addy.readLine = sap){
packageStatus == Lost;
}else{
packageStatus == Delivered;
}

Snowman
03-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Or, alternatively:

Program:SHIPPING
:INPUT "NAME?",str1
:IF str1="Snowman"
:"X=SHIPPING SPEED
:THEN
:DISP "OH, THIS GUY IS ON"," OUR HIGH PRIORITY LIST
:X*5->X
:END
:ELSE
:DISP "THIS POOR FOOL HAS","TO SUFFER HAHAHA!!!"
:STOP

THAT should work on their calculators. hahaha!!!

This one is probably right, here is the newest route with the updated tracking.
http://knoxware.org/snowman/Pictures/updatedSMHatDHL.PNG
It seems they are using the zig zag delivery technique.

Snowman
03-30-2011, 08:46 AM
it is only at point c so it may take a few more zig zags

NightrainSrt4
03-30-2011, 04:16 PM
UPS is the one that is crap. USPS holds my things at the post office. FedEx always gets things to me timely and safe.

I missed the UPS delivery yesterday so they left a note that they would come back today. I made sure to be here when they would come. Nothing yet so I check the tracking. Says they made a second attempt and the customer didn't respond. Frickin' frackin' BS. They didn't come to the door, knock, or even leave one of the notes. BS.

I could care less if they travel around the world three times if the package arrives on time and safely, but don't lie about stuff. I can't stand lying. It will probably arrive beat to hell anyway. This is why I never have things shipped UPS if I don't have to. Back home where you know your driver things are fine, but here in the city, it's like people just don't give a crap about anything. I hate the city areas.

x88x
03-30-2011, 04:20 PM
A couple weeks ago I got some parts delivered from Auto Zone, and FedEx was convinced that they had delivered them...even though they were nowhere to be seen. Judging from what happened after I called them and set up a claim, it just never left the truck...and went back to the local processing center.. :facepalm:

Snowman
03-31-2011, 02:20 PM
http://knoxware.org/snowman/Pictures/smh3.PNG

x88x
03-31-2011, 03:18 PM
That's...weird. I didn't notice it until I went to map it out, but..Marion to Hebron to Marion..weird.

Snowman
03-31-2011, 03:22 PM
It is DHL's crap tracking system that never recognized the package as theirs. I twas in hebron and came to marion and then went out for delivery but imagine that after zig zagging across the midwest the tracking got a little screwy.