PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas at all

BigV1027
04-19-2006, 07:57 PM
OK, as you may have seen on this thread, I wanted to do a Halo 2 mod. I have scrapped that idea as there is nothing that I could think of for it. Now I have some other ideas, and need help deciding. I know you all will probably say, show us some pics of the case, but I want to have my idea down pat before I go spend money on a case. I want a case that will suit my needs for the mod that I choose, so I dont have a case until I have an idea. Soo.... onto business. In school today, I thought of some ideas/themes to do for some mods, but alas, I left my book of ideas in school, but until then feel free to post some kind of ideas.

CanaBalistic
04-19-2006, 08:25 PM
depends what genre it falls into. games, music, sports, retro, stereo component, acrylic.

How do you want the lights inside? everything uv with cold cathode or everything bright led's

what color are you going for? remember pc components dont come in many flavors

some thought must go into building a watercooled case if you want to go that way.

Ironsides
04-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Im doing a halo case right now actually, i have to get the pictures uploaded. maybe it will give you some ideas:redface:

jdbnsn
04-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Why not try a non-themed case, I don't know if this is your first mod or not, but maybe you are getting hung up on a theme. Try just doing some general modding stuff like playing around with color schemes, adding plexi windows, maybe even rounding edges. Just an idea, it's something you can add a theme to later as well. I drew you an example of what I mean:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f395/jdbnsn/misc/scan0001.jpg

RangerDanger
04-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Howd u leave ur idea book in school Victor!!...Bad modder Bad!...lol yea dude we need ideas...check out my worklog im finsihed with the plexi psu bracket...I still like our fighter jet theme...mayb get pics of an F-16...and work off of it....i already have a great idea for 2 side fans.....or we can do a Trucker theme..yea i know pretty dumb but...i could put a fan on each side panel...get 90o bend pvc pipe..and have 2 stacks...like on a big rig lol....we could put a mesh grill in the front of the case which we will most likely cut out.

DaveW
04-20-2006, 10:29 AM
My ideas pad consists of a notepad that i doodle programs in. My scanner's offline at the mo because my PC's in the workshop getting destroyed systematically.

When it's back online, feel free to steal as many ideas from me as you like. Just don't make better mods or i'll be jealous ;) (jk)

I agree, scrap the themes: i always give the same advice to folk. Here it is again: think of 10 things that are cool. They have to be basic things, not complex things: so if you think of something that's cool, think "Why is that cool" then keep asking that repeatedly till you end up saying "Because it just is". Example?

Say "Terminator is cool."
Why? "Black leather jackets, unstoppable machine, big guns."
What's cool about...
"Black Leather jackets?" = Tough, Black.
"unstoppable machines?" = Tough, but elegant, shiny.
"big guns?" = Firepower, explosives.

What's cool about the words "Tough, Black, Elegant, Shiny, Firepower, Explosives?" Nothing... that's your refinement.

So you end up with some keywords, that you can shape a case around. I wouldn't try and use all keywords, stick to about 3 out your list. From the above list, i'd use Explosives, Black, and Shiny. You can allready see where that will lead.

Hope that helps, have fun coming up with ideas.

Oh, and i know that in terminator the machines weren't exactly elegant, they were kinda...clumsy? But it ws the 80's, and it's still one of the best SF films so shadupayerface.

-Dave

BigV1027
04-22-2006, 06:21 PM
I dunno, after looking at what IronSides is doing for his Halo mod, it has sparked my intrest again... :eek: ! His topic is here: http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26909&posted=1#post26909
This has really made me begin to think of better ideas for the Halo mod!

Slug Toy
04-22-2006, 06:46 PM
take my old idea man. do the library, with those awesome glowing blue walls that i can only assume are optical storage. have guilty spark in there too. and some flood, and sentinels. it would be a nice case, that fits in with intricate electronics such as a computer.

that way we can have three halo mods going at once. we can feed off each other for inspiration and ideas.

delta halo might be another good idea. its got interesting architecture. maybe you could do one of those floating gondolas.

my mind is in high gear right now. if you need more halo ideas, ill throw some more in.

therealjoe
04-22-2006, 07:45 PM
when you mentioned terminator an idea came to my head :D Here are my ideas:

You could have terminators arm coming out of the cases side make it look like a pile of skulls and the side windows being a window of a tanks hatch or summat which is coverd in skulls and his arms comin out of that. you could have a small window on the front with terminators head their i dont mean the fully fleshed terminators i mean them ones as metal skeletons. well summat like that my imagination is going crazy at the moment so i cant tell you one full idea just some ideas. you could have a computer made out of that liquid metal and his face emerging at the top and have red leds in his mouth and eyes and the side for a window you know when he gets shot by a shotgun it makes like a rippled hole make that and add a window you could have anything :D

well money is a matter ive got too many ideas and not enough money at the moment lol i would be making all what ive just said if i did :)

good luck btw