PDA

View Full Version : Volksrechner (Peoples Computer)

Ichbin
04-18-2011, 09:24 AM
Everyone here, if they already don't know about the "Rally Fighter" car (http://www.local-motors.com/rallyFighter.php), is a car that was designed by committee.

Speficially, they requested the world(internet) to design pieces of the car and voted on which part looks best and apply it.

I was considering this, and why couldn't it be applied to a computer case?

Right now I'm trying to figure out if I can get some time/money to work on a project such as this, but I figure it would be a pretty interesting way to get a case that all members of TBCS could get their hands into, even if they don't have the technical skills.

Let's hear some ideas (Not about the case, but about the concept of this), and please vote in the poll if you'd like to see this happen.

x88x
04-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Wow, that Rally Fighter looks awesome! ...except for the nose...that's pretty awful..

Anyways, about the case idea, I'm not sure how well it'll work out, but at the very least it'll be interesting to see what the result is. I think you'll have to define a specific niche for the case, just like the guy did for the Rally Fighter, or you'll just end up with a ton of completely incongruous concepts (ex, mounts for 10+ HDDs and 7 large PCIe video cards, but small enough to fit on the back of a 22" monitor on a VESA mount).

AmEv
04-18-2011, 09:21 PM
I like the idea.

I'd probably go overboard, though.

Ichbin
04-19-2011, 12:03 AM
This is just a "Figure stuff out" sorta phase. It would be a TBCS members only thing, to help people get out of lurk mode and join.

plus, I'm getting a new computer fairly soon, so I figure, why the hell not.

If I do actually plan on doing this, it'll be extremely organized and as x88x suggested, there would be a theme or reason for the computer that would be shown at a later date.