PDA

View Full Version : The Unidyne PC

slipperyskip
04-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Nothing

Rankenphile
04-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Holy crap, that's beautiful, man! A class act all the way. Nice work!

public_eyesore
04-21-2006, 02:32 PM
that is slick

jdbnsn
04-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Amazing!!! That is the coolest thing I've seen!

guitar.child
04-21-2006, 02:59 PM
wow nice worjk. dont like elvis but it looks good.

Crunch
04-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Seen this on [H]ardforum, amazing skillz!

jdbnsn
04-22-2006, 12:36 AM
And Basswood, I'll be damned if I didn't forget all about bass wood. I used to carve little animals like dogs and such for my mom when I was a little kid and for workability I remember it being the best. I'll keep that in mind from now on.

Omega
04-22-2006, 12:58 AM
that PC is pretty cool, BUT your PSU PC is much much cooler.

What are those strange ports on your PSU?
"That's my computer!"

The Modfather
04-22-2006, 05:03 AM
Not my cup of tea but it's a beautiful piece of work, must have taken a long time.

Ironsides
04-22-2006, 08:26 AM
Very nice work:)

TheAtomicMan
04-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Not something I'd take to a lan, but it's quite the cool.

VandaL
04-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Amazing!!! That is the coolest thing I've seen!
I second that....very creative

Aero
04-23-2006, 12:17 PM
wow, thats awesome, looks seamless. Nice work.

guitar.child
04-23-2006, 05:27 PM
nice

archmaille
04-24-2006, 05:43 PM
Dude that's awesome! Not exactly something that I would choose simply for temp. issues, but I love the mod! You should try and sell it to the people who run Graceland ;-)

Omega
04-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Btw, what board did you pick for the PSU PC? Was it a mini-itx, or a nano-itx?

The Modfather
04-29-2006, 06:34 AM
Since PM's aren't working here, I have to post this publically.

The user who initiated this thread may or may not be the same user who posted it on another site that I work for. This user got rather bent out of shape because he didn't win a contest we ran and when the reason was explained to him he proceeded to start throwing a hissy fit and cussing out the staff. I was just going to PM him and warn him to not be so rude but the PM's aren't working here for some reason. So if you're the same user who signed up as Phaedrus on thinkcomputers.org, I doubt you'll go back there after what you said and I somehow doubt you're a real user of any kind, so everyone, just be careful around this person if it's the same guy.

GT40_GearHead
04-29-2006, 06:43 AM
Since PM's aren't working here, I have to post this publically.

The user who initiated this thread may or may not be the same user who posted it on another site that I work for. This user got rather bent out of shape because he didn't win a contest we ran and when the reason was explained to him he proceeded to start throwing a hissy fit and cussing out the staff. I was just going to PM him and warn him to not be so rude but the PM's aren't working here for some reason. So if you're the same user who signed up as Phaedrus on thinkcomputers.org, I doubt you'll go back there after what you said and I somehow doubt you're a real user of any kind, so everyone, just be careful around this person if it's the same guy.

ugg ugg a a** HOLE haa? uggg uggg thx Modfather
but I got to onest that rhing is sweeeeeeet, Elvis would be proud
still it's not a nice thing to do

The Modfather
04-29-2006, 06:45 AM
ugga bugga oog ook ook eek, ah ahh ook eek. :)

<picks bugs out of your fur and eats 'em>

GT40_GearHead
04-29-2006, 06:56 AM
ugga bugga oog ook ook eek, ah ahh ook eek. :)

<picks bugs out of your fur and eats 'em>
but I dont have fur :D did i bother you in some way (i'm sorry) the a** was tha guy whit tha mic thingy mod elvis and stuf:? sorry if got the rong point
my bad

GT40_GearHead
04-29-2006, 03:31 PM
me was a big idiot for the crap i posted i will not get between you guys, is you're "war" and not my business sorry

The Modfather
04-30-2006, 05:34 AM
GT40 no, you didn't upset me, I was just making a funny. :)

Slippery, you're a 51 year old idiot then, because it was explained to you very clearly exactly what happened.

1. No sponsors donated anything to the contest, all the prizes were items that the staff had from reviews (when you do a review you get to keep the item as payment for the review and the exposure for that company, so technically all the prizes were the property of the staff, it came out of their pockets and nobody elses).

2. I wasn't staff when that contest was going on, I joined the staff after the contest. I could easily have chosen any of the big prizes like the cases or what have you considering I had actually been one of the few people who participated heavily in every category, including submitting about 5 different wallpapers. What I chose was one of the "consolation prizes" a remote control, just for giggles. Only then did I get asked to join the staff of the site because of my heavy participation and eagerness to help the site.

3. You had made one visit to the site, period, you posted to join the contest and nothing else, you could have won, but you didn't and here's why, very easy answer and it was explained to you on Think, but rather than take it like a 51 year old man you took it like a foul mouthed punk kid.

4. Everyone was offered the chance to choose a prize, whether they entered or not, anyone who was there could just grab something because participation in the contest was so poor. Had you bothered to come back to the site you would have had your pick of ANY of the prizes on the list, even if your only entry was a picture of a black dot on a white screen.

5. What did you in fact do? You waited 4 months and came back, posted the Unidyne, posted a complaint about having not won anything and left again. Two of us, myself and a non-staff member explained why you didn't get anything and you weren't satisfied with the answer so you called us some rather filthy names that you should be old enough to know better than to use in a public forum and left again.

Conclusion, if you ARE a 51 year old man then you are a mentally disturbed 51 year old man who needs to seek help. My personal belief is that you're a foul mouthed 14 year old spoiled brat kid whose parents need to be slapped for not taking the time to teach their child how to interact in the world. In either case you need a good spanking boy.

Rankenphile
04-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Look - this argument would be much better served in a series of PMs or emails. Don't do it here, k? Personal attacks are not what I come here to read.

Enough with the drama.