PDA

View Full Version : What if people bought cars like they buy computers?

Mark_Hardware
04-20-2011, 02:55 PM
http://www.leo.org/information/freizeit/fun/cars.html

xr4man
04-20-2011, 03:28 PM
that's good stuff. i had to forward it on to my saab mechanic buddy. (he hates being associated with GM)

mDust
04-20-2011, 04:49 PM
haha...yeah...

I think all customers are stupid though. I've seen kids 'outsmart' their parents a number of times...I can't help but laugh directly at the parent.

SXRguyinMA
04-20-2011, 10:33 PM
thanks for the laugh :D

AmEv
04-20-2011, 10:50 PM
You know what?
I'm surprised that there isn't more cases like this.
Computers and cars are a lot alike.
Both are expensive pieces of equipment.
Needing a clue of what to do to operate.
Very delicate; if one part is off, something of death can occur.
Wear and tear.
Need modding ;)

x88x
04-20-2011, 11:34 PM
You know what?
I'm surprised that there isn't more cases like this.

1) Most places require basic competency training and certification before allowing people to drive cars.
2) The technology has had longer to permeate our culture, resulting in a higher average awareness.

altec
04-21-2011, 12:26 AM
This doesn't bother me. There is a saying that goes "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." THAT scares me... Had to fix a bunch of fixed stuff because of that saying...

x88x
04-21-2011, 12:30 AM
There is a saying that goes "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." THAT scares me.
Goes hand in hand with "I know just enough to be dangerous." Remember, the first step is admitting you have a problem. :P

Seriously though, yeah, I can completely identify with that...people who learn just enough about something to massively screw it up...and then I have to go fix the mess...half the time just because I actually finished reading the instructions. :facepalm:

crenn
04-21-2011, 09:43 AM
The day's coming where any mentally-challenged twit who can't string a grammatically correct sentence together, can get a car which drives itself.... <insert deity here> help us all.