PDA

View Full Version : Storms down south

msmrx57
04-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Thought and prayers go out to everyone in the effected areas.:crossed: I know we have a few members on here that live in or near the areas where the tornadoes hit. If you guys need anything just say the word. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I've got a friend in Bessemer, AL who didn't have any damage and another in TN who lost his house but is okay.

I guess I don't really know what else to say.

Oneslowz28
04-28-2011, 10:22 PM
We had what the they think was a tornado touch down around 4am. Only about 6 miles from my house. They said that its a 60/40 chance between a tornado and micro burst. It was short lived and the damage was limited to about 4 blocks.

My yard flooded with about 8" of water which did manage to damage some of the boxed in my garage, but my home is ok. I think we got 3" of rain in just under 3 hours. The rain was so loud that it woke me up. A job we were working on was flooded and the footers we dug this week were mostly covered back up. Thankfully no one in our area was hurt.

My thoughts go out to the 300+ that lost their lives in this line of storms.

DynamoNED
04-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Here in Tennessee where I live, the wind & unconfirmed tornado took down quite a few trees (including one right next to my house), but flooding was the main problem. Trace Creek spill its forced evacuations in the nearby town of Waverly, and they nearly had the elementary and junior high schools flooded one year to the day it was flooded last year. Nearly all the major rivers in Middle Tennessee (Cumberland, Duck, Buffalo) are all 4-6 ft. above flood stage, and most aren't supposed to crest until Saturday.

Personally, I feel very blessed our damage was relatively minimal at my house. The creek near our house took out the fence around our horse pasture and dumped tons of gravel all over the place. We are all continuing to pray for those who lost homes and loved ones in these storms, both here in Tennessee and across the country.

xr4man
04-29-2011, 08:26 AM
i spent about 2 hours in my parent's basement yesterday. everytime we'd come up after a tornado warning was over, another one was reported. and if it wasn't in mount airy at the time, it was just south of us so i couldn't go to work. none actually touched down though, so we were lucky.