PDA

View Full Version : motherboard decision

therealjoe
04-22-2006, 11:11 AM
I have a decision to make but i cant decide. What motherboard do you think i should get the choice is:

Ecs kn1 sli extreme

or

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe

i want to know what motherboard you people think is the most reliable and the better performance based on price. i hope you all can help

:D

archmaille
04-22-2006, 11:55 AM
I say go with the Asus. The ECS I've heard is a pretty good board but won't overclock very well. That may not mean much to you if you don't plan on overclocking, but a board that will hold stable even under extremely pressured situations such as that Asus board will more than likely hold together perfect otherwise.

therealjoe
04-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Ive heard the ecs sli extreme is good performance for the money also i have heard things about Asus motherboards and stuff like they have rubbish transisters which dont last long. This decission is going to be harder than i thought. ok heres some more information its my first build so i want a motherboard with good performance and room for future upgrades i dont realy want to go over £100 pound but them 2 motherboards are at two extremes i would want one wich is just in the middle. Is their any motherboards out their which are good overclockers, good performance and good quality for £100 if anyone knows of any please tell me from now on i will be searching the internet for just the one :D i hope someone can help me with this and thanks archmaille for giving me some information and replying to my thread:)

Omega
04-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Out of those two boards?

man... study up.

DFI is high quality, and they overclock very well. plus, there's one for every price range, and they're pretty <3

therealjoe
04-22-2006, 07:58 PM
thansk ill look up on dfi t sounds like a couch company to me but ill give it a go :D

bartvandenberg
04-24-2006, 11:26 PM
id personally stay far away from asus. ive had a couple.. nothing but problem.s dont know the ecs board at all. but.. dfi is good. ill second that. but.. im stuck on abit. nothing but praise for abit.

ack ack
04-25-2006, 02:29 PM
i have three asus mobos from different socket generations, one of which is the SLi Delux, and they all run very stable and have great features. The Sli Delux is a very feature rich and stable SLi mobo, however its not the greatest overclocker. It your looking for a feature rich overclocking mobo. Try one of these:

Asus A8N32 SLi
Asus A8R32 MVP
MSI K8N Diamond Plus
DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR

or check out anandtech's reviews of the mid range nforce4 mobos, that include EPOX, Abit, and Gigabyte mobos.

p9l28a
04-26-2006, 11:00 PM
I got Asus A8n5X from neweeg very good moterbokard, and alsho good reviwes there (5/5)

Sudi
05-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Out of those two boards?

man... study up.

DFI is high quality, and they overclock very well. plus, there's one for every price range, and they're pretty <3

Yeah, when I built my compy a few years back ... I chose a DFI mobo...It's been very reliable and have not had a problem since the build. :D I haven't O'Ced it, but the options are there if your into O'Cing.

therealjoe
05-14-2006, 12:54 PM
lol i got a ecs kn1 sli extreme lol i just thought id get one instead of fussing about if it doesnt work ill take it back if it breaks within my warranty period ill take it back but if it doesnt ill buy a better one.

Lithsanatrex
05-16-2006, 09:42 PM
dfi makes a decent board, i have even had things short out that were hooked to it, and it didnt phase it. i dont know if you have considered this board, and if you are goin nvidia ignore it entirely, but it looks really good for a crossfire setup clickie! (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127234)

fubar
06-14-2006, 11:44 AM
my asus mobo has been back 11 times last time it came back it came back as DOD they refused to give me a new one just a refurbished ones ( yeah dead mobos LOL) i think im going to get maybe a dfi or a MSI K8N Diamond heard and read its a good mobo with a whole heap of features.

overall ASUS is not my cup of tea annymore and the reseller,i just got it back today 14/6/06 and was told they replaced it with a new one gues what does dust come with brand new bords it has a whole heap of it (the boardd is a A7n8x-e deluxe) i know its a oldie but the repairers have had it longer than ive had it in my possesion
so please next time it says 3 year warranty it means squat b aware

these two are prob they way i will be going
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Dual Core Processor
DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert Motherboard