PDA

View Full Version : Project ECW - Just the latest pic.

The Modfather
04-23-2006, 03:38 AM
I'm not gonna duplicate my worklog here, you can see all the stuff about this on my site: http://www.infinity-customs.com but I thought I'd just throw up the latest update pic where I added tubing to the side of the rig to encase the lightning lights.

http://www.infinity-customs.com/stage5_rightside1.jpg

p9l28a
04-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Good Job man. Nice

The Modfather
04-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Danke... Throw any ideas this way. Anything hardcore wrestling related that might work on this mod. I've already got a barbed wire baseball bat for the case handle. :) Man I'm evil sometimes. :)

jrabbitb
04-24-2006, 08:55 AM
mabey you could use part of a bent up folding metal chair. mabey as one of the case sides or something.

The Modfather
04-24-2006, 11:32 AM
I tried to think of a way to incorporate a chair but couldn't come up with one. I want the case to look good, ya know, not beat up or anything but incorporate some elements here and there.

Originally my plan was to use a Sun Sparcstation case (pizza box style) and make a wrestling ring out of it, but I couldn't get ahold of a case and Antec donated the P180 to the project so.....

itsbrad
04-24-2006, 11:43 AM
You have to have a Sandman reference in there somewhere, maybe a Kendo stick going in the front of the case and coming out the rear or something...

The Modfather
04-25-2006, 06:34 AM
Yeah, I have that on my website as a sticky, find a way to incorporate the Kendo stick. Sandman is on the window etching with the kendo stick so it's gotta get figured in there somehow, just haven't figured out how yet, since a Kendo stick is so long. Help me here, how can I get that into the design?

itsbrad
04-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Ok , Ive been thinking about this so here is my ideas for the Kendo stick.

One thing that I would think would be cool is have a kendo stick cut it in half. And on the side of the case attach it and make it look like it was swung at the computer and entered it halfway? Its hard to visualize maybe I can draw something up.
The only other thing that I can think of would be to have a broken kendo stick and put pieces of it randomly on the case or something?!

I personally like the first idea but thats just me, now just thinking of it and actually doing it is a different story!

Brad

The Modfather
05-01-2006, 03:10 AM
Hmmm, if you could do a sketchup or even just a concept drawing of what you're suggesting that'd be cool. I think I get ya but I'm not 100% sure. Would the stick be like, going through the case? (or rather, appear to be doing so)?

Keep in mind that there's a barbed wire baseball bat on the top of the case too. The right side is as you see it there, the left will have the blackout etched image of Sandman on it so the space is limited. I was thinking of using the kendo sticks as sort of case feet but I also wanted to have a ground effect glow (all red) too, wondering if there's a way to do both.

itsbrad
05-01-2006, 06:49 AM
Ok, Ill do a sketch of what I was talking about although the case sounds kind of full as it is, at least it will give a better idea. The feet sound like it would work as well, Ill think of some more things and draw/post them for you.

The Modfather
05-01-2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks man, appreciate the help! :)

-Mike

The Modfather
05-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Short update... I'm not much for showing "in progress" pics, but here's a pic of the new etched window for the ECW project, it's due in tomorrow, can't wait.

http://www.infinity-customs.com/window1.jpg

The boy 4rm oz
05-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Man that looks great.

The Modfather
05-19-2006, 04:12 AM
Yeah, HyperKore does good work, they can work with just about anything you send 'em too. That came from a sketch I did which I scanned into the PC then took into Photoshop and added the lettering to. It's their "Blackout" series of laser etchings. I don't know what the process is exactly but I imagine what they do is something like coat the plexi with a black substance then etch through it into the plexiglass. The effect is that ONLY the etch itself glows from inside when you turn on the case lighting.

Once it arrives and it's installed I'll post pics of it lit up.

Rankenphile
05-19-2006, 11:45 AM
What did it cost for that panel?

The Modfather
05-21-2006, 08:37 AM
$70 shipped, About $54 for the etching at hyperkore.