PDA

View Full Version : Water cooling for AMD 3800+ x2

lotech
04-23-2006, 07:07 AM
Hey all!
Kinda new around here, some of you may have met me :) Well as the thread title suggests, i'm looking into a liquid cooling system for an AMD 3800+ dual core. I'd just really like some advice really...

I'm kinda new to modding, but my component knoledge etc is pretty good. Thought this would made an alright entry :) Anywhos, do I get a kit (and if so maybe which one?) or do I put my own kit together (and if so which parts are recommended?). Thanks in advance!

LoTech

tybrenis
04-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Read my guide. It is just a basic beginners guide, we can help you beyond that.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2545

archmaille
04-24-2006, 02:07 AM
the question is why are you using water cooling? If for overclocking go with a good setup from DangerDen.com otherwise you're pretty much wasting your money. If you've just got loads of cash laying around first off send some my way ;-) then a premade system would work out. If you'd like I would be happy to suggest some components for you but it would be best if I knew your ambitions because I can save you some money, or just go all out and chill that CPU to about 1 degree Celcius (you'll need a pretty powerful power supply for this as you'll need a Peltier setup which will drain about 150-250 watts off your system depending upon what you go with)

lotech
04-25-2006, 02:53 AM
Well I went and did my research and have bought an XSPC X20 kit, which has like everything I need for now to just cool the CPU. I'm gunna see how well that goes, was £72 in total but suppose to be £80 and I read some reviews and they all seemed to be really supprised by how well it worked. Anyway, can't go wrong for that price and if it's crap, I don't really care. I'll report back what I find, should be interesting :) Thanks guys,

LoTech

p.s. linky here (http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=394)

archmaille
04-25-2006, 08:14 PM
sounds good... doesn't look great for overclocking, but just for cooling your CPU I'm sure it'll do fine.