PDA

View Full Version : Asus EEEPC OH NOESSSS

Snowman
05-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Well on my last fishing escapade the eeepc took a hit... as in crushed one of the hinges and broke the case around the power button. I bit the bullet and shipped it off to asus today. The only thing that concerns me is they were a little put off when I said they couldn't reformat my drive. I told them repeatedly that it was physical damage only and as such they didn't need to mess with anything else. We will see how this goes.

Snowman
05-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Well it was delivered at noon on tuesday and at 9 o clock last night it had been shipped back to me but no one ever contacted me as to billing and the such so we shall find out if they actually did anything, they also shipped it back on their dime which is not the agreement so we will find out very shortly whats going on. I don't want to say I have bad feelings because they have always taken care of me very well in the past but the lack of communication and the phone call last night when they simply had repaired it and shipped it back on their dime bothered me a bit.

Snowman
06-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Don't know if anyone is following this but asus completely replaced the shell and keyboard and had it shipped back to me in under 24 hours for FREEEEEEE

billygoat333
06-02-2011, 09:35 AM
congrats man. That's good customer service.

Snowman
06-02-2011, 09:37 AM
congrats man. That's good customer service.

I never expected any less but the lack of communication had me worried and I thought for sure I was going to be out some money as the track pad is part of the shell. I am ecstatic, I feel I need to send them my thanks but have no idea how to.

slaveofconvention
06-02-2011, 06:33 PM
You're posting your appreciation on a site which gets, on an average day, about 2000 hits heh - I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

Word of mouth has always (IMO) been the best press

AmEv
06-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Because news always travels fast.