PDA

View Full Version : Search is broken

Fuganater
06-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Title says it all. I hit search and get a error from google.

AmEv
06-18-2011, 11:26 AM
We're sorry...

... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

I see what you mean.

OvRiDe
06-19-2011, 03:55 AM
It appears to be a Google issue.. we will have to see if they can clear it up over the next few days.. in the mean time there is still this link...

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/search.php

TheMainMan
07-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Just wanted to update that Google still hasn't resolved the issue. Thanks for the other search link though, I had forgotten about that.

jonnymark
08-16-2011, 06:08 AM
Have recently upgraded the desktops in my enterprise to Reader X; many of my customers are now reporting that they can no longer search (CNTRL-F) for text inside some of their PDF documents from inside Reader X. (Please note that I am not referring here to Windows Desktop Search, which leverages an iFilter).

I have done some testing, and all the "problem" documents in question are searchable in Adobe Reader 9. Reader X is also unable to show the document properties (Right-click, document properties) for any of the documents that it cannot search (the property window never opens). There is clearly some sort of parsing bug in Reader X.

I have tested Reader v10.0, v10.0.1 and v10.1 with the same results each time. Adobe - please fix this bug urgently, otherwise I am going to be forced to roll back thousands of Desktops to v9.x