PDA

View Full Version : Android or Iphone?

Diamon
06-25-2011, 10:32 AM
So, which system (and manufacturer) do you prefer?

Fuganater
06-25-2011, 11:58 AM
They new Samsung Infuse is sick looking.

Collinstheclown
06-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Samsung Galaxy S II. It's the best Android phone on the market.

Cale_Hagan
06-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Samsung Epic 4g. you will never go back!:banana:

Drum Thumper
06-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, I see Rick has voted in this poll.

diluzio91
06-25-2011, 11:55 PM
i like the screens better on HTC phones.

DynamoNED
06-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Android all the way. I <3 my HTC Droid Eris, and can't wait to upgrade to either the Droid Incredible II or the Thunderbolt. I prefer HTC (due to better prices and the HTC Sense software), but I'm open to other options, as I have been considering the Samsung Droid Charge. I considered the Samsung Galaxy S II, but I'm waiting until my "New Every 2" upgrade credit is available in February, so I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any amazing Android phone launches in that time frame.

Diamon
06-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Just bought the Samsung Galaxy S2. It's incredible. It's like a tablet that fits in your pocket.

xr4man
06-28-2011, 03:50 PM
^^^^^^has no experience with either.

anything with android os because iphones are for lemmings.

Airbozo
06-28-2011, 04:51 PM
^^^^^^has no experience with either.

anything with android os because iphones are for lemmings.

LOL!

I was going to say: "Anything that does not require a data plan", but that would go nowhere. I mean why would I want a data plan when I can connect to a wireless hot spot...

I do prefer the HTC models though.

xr4man
06-29-2011, 12:19 PM
LOL!

I was going to say: "Anything that does not require a data plan", but that would go nowhere. I mean why would I want a data plan when I can connect to a wireless hot spot...

that's the main reason i have not switched from my trusty lg envy. i would love to get a smart phone, but i don't want to pay for wireless internet and cable internet. i can't seem to find anyone that doesn't force a data plan on you. ok, to qualify that, verizon won't let you get away with not having a data plan. just like you, i only want to get on the net when i have a wifi signal to access.

BuzzKillington
07-02-2011, 07:34 PM
Evo 3D

x88x
07-02-2011, 08:51 PM
I haven't been paying attention to the phone market, tbh, but I'm still quite happy with my Nokia N900. Not sure where I'll go next though...but I won't have to worry about that for a while. :P

Spawn-Inc
07-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Nexus S is my first smart/andriod phone and i love it tons! plus with my plan if i don't use any data i don't pay.

Yeticorn
07-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Windows Phone 7 :D

chaksq
07-15-2011, 01:27 PM
A good number of my friends use Windows Phone 7. Also you are missing a phone manufacturer, I just bought a Motorola Atrix. So far I like it, I definitely prefer Android. I'd have to jail break an iPhone just to use it. I tweak things to much. Also I use alot of google services so Android makes the most sense.

Luthien
09-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Motorola, Droid 2
It's the first Android phone I've had & it's now my favorite phone OS.

luciusad2004
09-24-2011, 12:50 AM
Take my opinion with a grain of salt because i've never spent any considerable time with an android device but from what I have used of both, IOS has always just "felt" more polished and refined. The interface is more consistent and runs smoother. The hardware also feels pretty solid in your hands.

However as others have mentioned Android is much more tweakable. For this reason alone I imagine that it will be the clear winner on these forums. Another thing to consider is with the Iphone your locked in to the Itunes ecosystem. I have an Ipod touch and I hate using itunes because it adds at least five freaking background processes to my computer even when its not running. Absolutely asinine.

I also agree with the posters stating they want a phone that isn't tied to a dataplan. I wen to verizon and they offered maybe four or five phones that didn't require data and they all sucked.

Luthien
09-24-2011, 01:23 AM
I have Verizon. Yes, they make me have a data plan, but I use it a lot so I'd have gotten a plan anyway.

diluzio91
09-25-2011, 03:04 AM
You can always go with virgin if data is your issue, i think its 35/month for unlimited text data, and 350 talk?

xr4man
09-26-2011, 03:56 PM
my oldest nice just spent some of her graduation money on a new iphone. it replaces the android phone she had before. last time i saw her she said she didn't like it because the android phone was much more customizable.

luciusad2004
12-02-2011, 02:17 AM
Is it me, or are the spammers getting really freakin wierd.

Outlaw
12-03-2011, 12:13 PM
^^reported.

Still rock'n the Motorola Droid 1 (first gen) with the real unlimited plan from Verizon (not the 2gb cap they have now). Other then the slower hardware in it, I still like it.

The data plan is nice to have because of the several emails accounts I have linked to my phone, facebook option (not really used). The real time navigation is pretty cool too. Google Maps to find POI at any time has been very helpful a few times already. Oh and sports center is also nice if you are running around and want to get the updates.

I don't do much modding to the phone but still wouldn't go with iphone because of their proprietary apps and limitations. Just having the open source available is nice, plus the free tethering is nice. Guy at work said he had to pay 30-40bucks a month just to "unlock" tethering on his iphone + whatever his data plan bill is.

I selected other because Motorola Driod was not available.

billygoat333
12-04-2011, 04:38 AM
Droid IS android... just the first phone that was released with that operating system. :P

x88x
12-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Droid IS android... just the first phone that was released with that operating system. :P

Actually the G1 was the first Android phone. ;) The droid was just the first Verizon Android phone.

I think he was referring to that there's not an option for 'Android, Motorola' on the poll.

billygoat333
12-04-2011, 05:48 AM
Actually the G1 was the first Android phone. ;) The droid was just the first Verizon Android phone.

I think he was referring to that there's not an option for 'Android, Motorola' on the poll.

Touche. You are right, I forgot about the G1 :P

Outlaw
12-04-2011, 11:18 AM
Yes, I was talking about the Motorola/Android. Sorry.

billygoat333
12-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Yes, I was talking about the Motorola/Android. Sorry.

Not your fault, I was drunk. haha

Outlaw
12-05-2011, 07:00 AM
lol, good enough then.

TLHarrell
01-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Just before Verizon switched to the capped data plans, my wife decided that she should jump into the smartphone ring. I gave her my Droid Eris and upgraded to a Thunderbolt. Both are rooted and running custom HTC based ROMs.

I, like many others, do not care for the Apple/iTunes walled garden. I do not want their software anywhere near my computer. I don't need the hand holding.

Have had the Thunderbolt for 7 months now and it's awesome. Of course, the week after I buy their flagship model, they release yet more models... and I'd totally love to upgrade... but I really like this phone.

Synergy ROM
Android Version: 2.3.4
HTC Sense Version: 3.0

TheGreatSatan
01-23-2012, 08:03 PM
Samsung for their impeccable screens

Locum51
01-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Regular HTC evo versus Regular Iphone...I'd go with the htc, however the battery life killed it for me...
I've jailbroken my iphone and its so much better than sticking to the regular app store and the basic theme.

d_stilgar
01-24-2012, 12:36 AM
I would go with . . . Windows Phone. I love the metro interface. It's honestly the best thing out there right now, imo. It makes so much more sense than android or iOS.

Still, I currently have an iphone 4s and like it enough. It's pretty nice, but I just hate being locked into that eco system.

Bopher
01-24-2012, 07:00 AM
I have a Windows 7 phone the HTC Trophy. Best phone I've had. I got it through Verizon. I love all the options on it. I even have my work email going through it. I was unsure if 2gig was enough for data but neither my wife or me have gone over though I am curious to see if I can get the 4gig for the same price for both phones. The only thing I don't like is I can't get Teamviewer yet. I'd do the tethering for my ipod if it wasn't extra $$ a month. I bought it primarily because I wanted the intergration with Xbox live and Windows 7. My wife has the iphone and never seems to put it down.

Locum51
01-24-2012, 03:14 PM
I'd do the tethering for my ipod if it wasn't extra $$ a month.

Depending on what ipod it is and the iOS version, you can jail break it and get the "MyWifi" app on cydia (3rd party app store).
5.0 is the most recent update, $9.99 one-time, and with that you can create mobile hotspots and i believe tethering too. Don't count on that 100%, as i haven't messed with it yet.

Linky:http://www.intelliborn.com/mywi.html

Cale_Hagan
01-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Samsung for their impeccable screens

YES. :D

Omega
01-30-2012, 09:56 PM
as far as OS options go, I prefer androids.

manufacturers, either HTC or the high end samsungs. the low-end ones are crap, i would know since i've had a cheap samsung (the transform for anyone interested) for like 6 months now and it's terrible.

AmEv
01-30-2012, 11:40 PM
Android-x86+VM, anyone????

BuzzKillington
02-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Android, Samsung. The Galaxy S2 is a great phone but there are little bits of it that pisses me off. I personally prefer HTC's OS version. HTC also seems to have a sturdier feel to their phones.

TLHarrell
02-09-2012, 12:14 AM
My HTC Thunderbolt is very sturdy. And with it rooted and running a better ROM (Gingerbread based) it totally beats the iPhone. And I now have Beats Audio too like the HTC Rezound.

mikimack
03-01-2012, 01:49 AM
Multitasking
Just as with the iPhone 4, it's easy to switch between apps on the iPhone 4S. You just double-press the home button and swipe to either side.

CrazyTeaPot
03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm in love with HTC Sense. Now if I could just combine that with the styling of the Nexus S... That phone was/is beautiful. Though, I have no complaints about my EVO 4G. It's still one of the best phones HTC has made, imo.

Though I do like iOS as well. The UI is great.