PDA

View Full Version : packard bell (urghh) mobo

pyromaniac_yeti
04-30-2006, 06:22 AM
right, i dont know a lot about overclocking bar the fact that you do it with the FSB and or CPU multiplier settings, my board does 400fsb and thats it (discovery board) and the cpu is locked. Now, (dont mock me im just asking) but ive clocked up my graphics (geforce mx4000...again, dont mock me) with rivatuner...which got me thinking. now is it possible to get a program which will allow me to change my motherboards FSB setting or cpu multiplier slightly the same way riva tuner did the graphics?

its a 1.5ghz p4 cpu, 640mb ram....not the greatest, well to be honest its bloody appaling but its made out of whatever i could get my hands on cheaply/ for free

any help guys?
thanks!

Arist0
04-30-2006, 06:53 AM
You shoud try Clockgen (http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php), it allows you to overclock from windows.

pyromaniac_yeti
04-30-2006, 08:10 AM
okay ill give it a shot...i mean its a 1.5 on a crap board anyway so what have i got to loose, ill let you know in a bit how it goes

pyromaniac_yeti
04-30-2006, 08:40 AM
okay tried to make the program work, cant figure out what PLL it wants. i know my mobo is on an 845 chipset...any help??? ive tried loadsa programs but none of them want to work?