PDA

View Full Version : etch or cut?

colossusx
04-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi guys, Im new so if this is in the wrong place, etc, feel free to move it and flame me for it.
I do have a specific question. Im planning my first case mod, and I have an Air Force theme. The case will eventually be given to my dad for his 25 years of service.
I want the Air Force Logo on the side panel, but don't know if I should cut it out of the aluminum, or install a plexi window and etch it onto it.
What do you guys suggest?
The image I will be using as a template is either:
http://www.af.mil/media/ggallery/webgraphic/web_afg_040405_020.jpg
or
http://www.af.mil/media/ggallery/webgraphic/web_afg_040405_019.jpg
with the white parts of the logo either cut out or etched.

Thanks
Steve

Frakk
04-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Welcome to the forums colossusx. I really like the theme and you could make it amazing. I think either way you cut the logo out, or etch it, it will look awesome. It really depends on what you like better, and how it would blend in with the rest of the case. neways good luck with that and feel free to ask :)

colossusx
04-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome. Im still debating on what case to start with though. Have a list of modding parts, and graphics to use as templates, but still cant decide on the case. I have an old gateway case, but the plastic is fairly old and brittle, and I have an Antec 1080amg laying spare, but am loathe to hack into it yet, especially since my dad doesnt really like the case. Im actually thinking of making one out of angled metal and metal tubing and covering the sides with aluminum skins, but that might be too much for my first real mod.

Frakk
04-10-2005, 09:29 PM
if you dont want to make a case ureself, im sure you will find that just fits u and ure dad's taste. first of all find out what you want to put in it and how big do you need it. Im sure he would like a modded us airforce shuttle;) hell even i would like it a lot...

JesDer
04-10-2005, 11:14 PM
but that might be too much for my first real mod.

Only one way to find out :)