PDA

View Full Version : PDA and Laptop Hard drive = Video MP3 player

nottoosmart
05-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I have a Toshiba e335 and a 30GB 2.5 Hard drive. I am purchasing a USB powered enclosure for this and was wondering if anyone has ever though about the possibility to do this or has done it. Maybe you have seen a post or something about it in the past. Let me know what you got. Im still trying to find wiring diagrams for both devices to see if the mesh is even possible.

Jetty_200
05-10-2006, 02:03 PM
umm....i dunno if this is a big issue but before ya start anything you should give a go at how many things kan fail at this...i.e. battery life

nottoosmart
05-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Well my idea with that was to replace the battery for the PDA and use possibly 2 or 4 AA batteries. Maybe even have the capability of recharging them by USB cable. Battery life is definately the one area though that will make the diffrence.

Nagoshi
05-10-2006, 04:40 PM
you wil need to find a wya to use an ''usb-to-ide'' kit (like the one we can buy at Staples, its a kit which includes the USB cable, HD case and all the stuff you need.) Actually I think these kits are externally-powered which means you will have to power your laptop hd... it will suck your PDA's battery pretty fast... look on the HD's label to see any power informations.