PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question alert!!

blue73
05-12-2006, 10:24 AM
The fan on my Abit Radeon X600 pro 256 card has karked it and my options are as follows.

Brand new card = £? (anything is possible)

Brand new fan = £ 1.39 + delivery

What the hell should I do guys?:?

DaveW
05-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Well obviously, get the new fan either way and you can make some cash back should you decide to ebay the old card. Where are you seeing that price on a chipset cooler? Because that's cheap for the UK...

-Dave

blue73
05-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi Dave, Right it's not a fancy 3rd party affair like a Zalman or anything like that, it's just a direct replacment for the mini fan on the underside of the card Mate.

Check thier prices out here pal http://www.selwyn.co.uk

At first I just took the fan off my card and typed the serial numbers into google, got the name of a firm in Taiwan and emailed them. Got an answer from Selwyns with in a couple of days.

PS. I was only messin really with what should I do next. Though I thought the response from this firm and the price of a fan was worth mentioning on here

DaveW
05-12-2006, 01:00 PM
The fact that a large firm actually bothered to e-mail you back to try and sell a single fan for £1.39...

That's unheard off!

-Dave

blue73
05-12-2006, 04:32 PM
Agreed. Very unusual. Still very good of them though. It's a bloody shame that none of the other big boys could take a leaf and do the same. Not to mention any names but NTL, Dell anyone..:(

DaveW
05-12-2006, 05:08 PM
NTL

Am i the only one scamming NTL for all they're worth? I signed up for 128kb Cable about 2 years ago. NTL then promised they would increase rates, and i was supposed to get something like a 192kb connection. Due to what i assume is an error on their part I seem to have a 1MB connection-unless there's literally no-one else with a cable modem in miles around and i've got all the bandwith. My average speeds are about 140kb/s.

Granted, I'm not scamming them, but who cares? It's fun when a corporate entity f*cks up in your favour for a change :D

-Dave

Cevinzol
05-12-2006, 05:43 PM
I seem to have a 1MB connectionreminds me of a school friend. His house was in a dead end cul-du-sac and all the lines (power, phone, TV cable) were buried underground. Anyway the way they wired up things his house got cable free as long as somone else in the street had it. Surprisingly he "forgot" to say anything about it.