PDA

View Full Version : Project: Unnamed

Omega
05-16-2006, 01:27 AM
Wheee~

Alright so my other box's "project" has "begun".

I still need ideas though. It's a standard Mid ATX case, white tower, etc, with a fully functional system in it (running redhat9). So, give me ideas =D i am planning on doing a window of some sort (i already put the masking take on the side) and some sort of (blue or green) illumination. I also hope to paint the case, and do something with the front, like a blowhole (inspired by Defyant, of course). Since all the drive bay covers are missing, i figure i can either make some custom covers or fill the space with something else, like a LCD screen (although my budget wouldn't be able to afford it).

I get 50$ every two weeks or so, so that means that my budget is a mere trickle and this project may take a LONG time to finish.

Also, what i have been wanting to do is either a really clean case with nice flowing lines, or a sort of aged case with that "indrustial" look.

Also, i have access to (either 18 or 26) gague sheetmetal, a brake, a spotwelder (and poprivets), a Dremel, a plethora of scrap wood (oh, and a bunch of scrap metal too), And i could probably snag some paint from a friend.

Also, i want to have an innovative start button setup (like, a 3 stage arming sequence). Also at my disposal is an old and much smaller Compaq case (nothing in it), and a mid-ATX frame (with 5.25", 3.5" drive bays, pw/reset/LED switch arrangement, but no mobo tray.

Hopefully that gave you all a vague idea of what i want it to look like, as i can't get pics (broken camera /cry). Also, if you would like, you can design something too, and i might/might not use it, and if i do, i will probably add my own twist =D

Omega OUT

DaveW
05-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Why not play about with google sketchup? I've been messing around with it, pretty sweet little program :)

-Dave

Shikimaru
05-16-2006, 05:38 AM
subscribed

Omega
05-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Dave: i actually have gSketchup, but not the time to get too horribly into it. Hopefully, however, all my ideas will actually come together.

Keep in mind that this will be my first mod, and it will also take a long time to get started, and even after that, it will still probably be a long time before i finish. Especially with project NESPC starting the development phase...

Omega
05-18-2006, 01:40 AM
I've decided to do a silver-ish and dark blue/grey theme and call the mod "Project: Argent Dawn". That's only a color scheme at this point, however, but i also plan for it to be a very clean case.

-Omega

Omega
06-08-2006, 05:54 PM
Aaaaalright.

I have money.

Bondo should come soon.

I hope to also do a 120mm fan intake/blowhole mod much like Defyant's on the HPR computers. It will probably be very similar.

-Omega

Omega
06-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Okay. Said money has disappeared, Said bondo hasn't been acquired.

I went to go pick up an Iron Maiden album, spent 20$ for it, and when we got home, turned out that the other 30$ i had, and the old videocard out of Argent Dawn had been taken.

Arg. Dawn has a new videocard (The same kind as before; we have like 20 of those ****ers), but i am still out 30$ and short bondo.

Anywho, i am going to get to designing the window layout. Possibly take off the front bezel and find centerlines/align it with the hard drive rack/take out the buttons and LED's for new ones.

If anybody has bondo or cash(USD only) for bondo, that they wanna give me, PM me for my address.

I also gotta find some of that PVC pipe that is in my house somewhere.

EDIT: I also might not use a 120mm fan for the front; another frame i have (Literally a frame with a front bezel, no side panels or mobo tray) has a HD rack with two 80mm fan mounts in front of it (And that would be new and unique, to the extent of my knowledge).

EDIT TWO:
It's working, agian. =p

Drew out a rough idea where the window will go, but it's not final, still have to go over it with a ruler to make everything precise and straight...

Also, wrote little notes like "Enlarge this (It's only 80mm!)" (Talking about a fanhole), and "MOD ME PLZ" on the PSU, etc.

If only i could use the damned camera...

Omega
06-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Just a quick update; i am going to clean up and kind of redo the lines on for the window then take pictures of it all

=]

Omega
06-11-2006, 01:23 AM
Picture time!

woo!

Alright.

All images are thumbnails, btw...

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/7856P3200001.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/7856P3200001.JPG)
Side panel, marked out and masked. Not much more to explain.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/6142P3200002.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/6142P3200002.JPG)
Side panel and top on, classic 3/4ths frontal shot.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/5889P3200003.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/5889P3200003.JPG)
Internal shot. Notice the IDE Cables? That was partially inspired by Orac3. Also, it looks cool, in my opnion.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/6447P3200004.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/6447P3200004.JPG)
Socket A! Far left is the dual-80mm-fan-on-a-single-3-pin-connector thing i made for Cavalier, but took out due to the fact that Cavalier is cramped. You can also see the metal weave stuff over the IDE cable.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/2729P3200007.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/2729P3200007.JPG)
Argent Dawn next to Proj: Cavalier. ArgDawn looks so innocent....

maximan1
06-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Interesting mod...but I still don't get what you're trying to achive here. Thats why I'm subscribing to this one. Good luck! :D

Omega
06-11-2006, 01:57 AM
Interesting mod...but I still don't get what you're trying to achive here. Thats why I'm subscribing to this one. Good luck! :D

Hell, the only thing that i am certain is going to happen is a window =p

everything else is still sort of out there, although i would _like_ to do a silver/dark blue theme.

Thanks, i'll need all the luck i can get (and all the money, too)

maximan1
06-11-2006, 01:59 AM
OK.
Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!
Hope this helps :D
-Max

Omega
06-11-2006, 02:11 AM
OK.
Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! Good luck!
Hope this helps :D
-Max

haha :D

maximan1
06-11-2006, 02:28 AM
O YES I AM HILARIOUS!!!! HaHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA...
*COUGH COUGH* ack

Omega
06-14-2006, 03:03 AM
I just had a marvelous idea.

It's kind of hard to explain, but the top part actually slides off (you have to take it off to get the side panes off, they come up, not back), and i was thinking of putting the power and reset buttons under there that way they're hidden, meaning that i can make the bezel that much cleaner.

I'll still probably make the PW/HD LED's go to the front somewhere, but hidden PW/RS switches seem like such a good idea, especailly since nobody would think to look under the top (most people wouldn't even think it's removeable)

Omega
06-24-2006, 02:45 AM
Quick-o update

the computer in the case i am going to use has been moved to a plastic file box

and it works in the box.

So the case is empty, no worries about fsvcking up the components. =]

Omega
06-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Alright. I started cutting the window out today, but alas, I didn't have enough cutting wheels...

I burned through one, until it was about the size of a dime, then i used the other one until it didn't exist (it started about dime-size).

I've got to cut the top and left lines, and the curves. Still, I'm proud of my work so far, so i'm jus' gonna chill until I can get some cash.

The boy 4rm oz
06-26-2006, 04:35 AM
Cant wate 4 the finnished product.

Omega
06-26-2006, 09:38 AM
heh. Neighbor saw what I was doing, and offered some dremel supplies. no joke.

I managed to finish cutting most of the window, I still gotta do the curves, but that'll be easy.

I'll try to get pictures up as soon as possible.

Canadian Eh?
06-26-2006, 11:35 AM
The window shape... it's very popular, but then again it looks really good too. I was just thinking, the gap where the drives are supposed to be could fit a screen on it's side

.Maleficus.
06-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Also, for the drive bays, you could take a piece of plexi and heat it up and bend it to the shape of the front (if it is rounded), and then make your own stealthed looking drive covers and covers for the places without drives. I saw it on a bondo guide by Defyant (but they weren't used as drive bay covers I think, but they might have been) but you could paint them and it would look really cool.

Scotty
06-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Omega, you want to have a nice clean bezel and hidden lights and things, what about touch buttons that are under the bezel or top, not sure how you would do it but would be cool

Omega
06-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Omega, you want to have a nice clean bezel and hidden lights and things, what about touch buttons that are under the bezel or top, not sure how you would do it but would be cool

It would be, but I don't know if I have enough electronics skill to make touch-sensitive buttons. I've got the perfect place for LED's, though...

Also, for the drive bays, you could take a piece of plexi and heat it up and bend it to the shape of the front (if it is rounded), and then make your own stealthed looking drive covers and covers for the places without drives. I saw it on a bondo guide by Defyant (but they weren't used as drive bay covers I think, but they might have been) but you could paint them and it would look really cool.

It would. I don't have pelxi though -- but I do have quite a bit of mesh. I could go ahead and use that.

The window shape... it's very popular, but then again it looks really good too. I was just thinking, the gap where the drives are supposed to be could fit a screen on it's side

It could! now if only I had one...

Aaanywho, the window should be finished up today. I think I'll go ahead and finish it up right now~!

Omega
06-27-2006, 12:29 AM
I can hear the riots already...

"GIVE US PICS! GIVE US PICS!"

I finished the window, and the masking tape is off. now i need plexi and mounting bolts.

Sorry about no pics, but I couldn't find my camera until just now, I will have pictures tomorrow when my mom isn't home (she doesn't like modding...)

EDIT: Something's up with the actaul computer. It was running very hot under idle load, then it shut off. Hmm.

Good thing it's expendable, but I'm still going to investigate. Just because I don't need it doesn't mean I don't want it.

In other words, my mom saw the file-box it was in. She was like

"Hey, that's my file box"
"Look in it, mom."
*blank stare*

It was AWESOME.

Canadian Eh?
06-27-2006, 07:35 AM
I can hear the riots already...

"GIVE US PICS! GIVE US PICS!
You heard correctly:)

Omega
06-27-2006, 04:19 PM
You heard correctly:)

Ask and ye shall recieve.

http://img326.imageshack.us/img326/5843/p40500043ts.th.jpg (http://img326.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p40500043ts.jpg)

Sorry there's not more, this is the only one that wants to be uploaded

gay internet connection =p

anywho, enjoy.

Omega
06-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Using what's at hand, I have quite a bit of mesh-type stuff (from a server rack, if you wish to know.). If I can find some bolts, I'll probably use this stuff. It's nifty.

Now I need to really consider a paintjob. I know colors, but I gotta think of wether or not I want to tear down the case to get everything painted or what. I know a guy who might be willing to paint it, but I wouldn't count on it (sadly).

I was thinking black with silver detailing.

I should also think of something to do with that PSU. Maybe put in anther fan and mesh it up...

Ideas and suggestions always welcome.

Omega
06-28-2006, 12:29 AM
Sad to announce that this is no longer a TBCS exclusive.

It's found it's way to Pixel-Team and Accelerated-E.

Omega
07-01-2006, 05:24 PM
I have acquired 100$ which will be spent on various modding materials.

.Maleficus.
07-01-2006, 09:06 PM
I have acquired 100$ which will be spent on various modding materials.

Lucky. I wish I had $100 for modding materials. Also, the window is looking nice, I like the shape. Dark Blue/Black/Silver would look great too... silver would contrast nicely with the other 2. You said something about bondo. Are you still going to use bondo, and if so, on what? To cover up the empty power button holes and such on the front since you're hiding those? Thats what I would do. Mesh drive covers are a good idea too. So is an Iron Maiden album ;) . Lookin' good so far, can't wait for updates.

Omega
07-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah. I was actually thinking about making the dark blue less abundant and putting a very obvious bright silver feature.

Bondo will be used to help smooth out some of the "sharp" lines on the front and also fill the holes.

That 100$ won't all go to materials, in fact, I think very little of it will.

I have a bad disease where if I have money, it disappears quickly.

Anywho, I hope that I might be able to come up with a paint scheme. I've been thinking black with a silver feature and dark blue detail.

.Maleficus.
07-01-2006, 09:49 PM
I have a bad disease where if I have money, it disappears quickly.

I know how you feel. I got the same problem here.

How good are you at fading paint? Like dark blue in the front fading to black in the back. Kinda like how some custom cars are. Or actually, is there a theme to this? Or do you just know what colors you want?

Wait. Just saw this.

Anywho, I hope that I might be able to come up with a paint scheme. I've been thinking black with a silver feature and dark blue detail.

A Sketchup of what you're talking about would be great. Just like a side panel drawing, because it doesn't take all that long to learn Sketchup with their tutorials. Still, black/dark blue and silver will look cool.

Omega
07-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Since I think that sketchup is complete overkill for designing a paint scheme,

I'll draw it out. When I figgur it out.

Omega
07-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Oh. My. God.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136165R

I can afford it. The whole thing.

Now I'm torn -- Skt939 ATi chipset mobo, which will probably go in the case i'm modding, or plexi, lights, etc.

I am so tornnnn

Omega
07-04-2006, 11:40 AM
I got a wonderful idea.

Put LEDs behind the mobo for a backlight kind of effect.

That would be pwntastic.

Scotty
07-04-2006, 11:54 AM
That would look so col, have different coloured ones too

i though about touch sensitive, perhaps you could find a old remote, and open it up and use the sensitive pads from one of them, might work

Omega
07-04-2006, 11:57 AM
That would look so col, have different coloured ones too

i though about touch sensitive, perhaps you could find a old remote, and open it up and use the sensitive pads from one of them, might work

I was actually thinking for the pw/rs buttons to take the big button thing off so it's the little round thing and putting it under that lip on the front.

I was thinking single-colored backlighting, blue...

I'm gonna keep the colors on this case to a minimum, as I said, black, with a silver feature and dark blue detail, probably will put a few LED's in it too.

I just remembered that i have a Thermaltake Gammapad, although I don't know if I want to rip it apart just for the LED's/button/convient USB interface.

Omega
07-05-2006, 12:56 AM
I came up with something that I think would work well as the silver feature, but I gotta draw it up in PS first....

EDIT:

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/3659Untitled-1.jpg (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/3659Untitled-1.jpg)

Something like that. Smooth and sharp simultaneously. I like that alot.

Feel free to design something if you like. If I like it, I might use it =D

EDIT2:

Also for the mobo backlighting I could get one or two of these:
http://xoxide.com/logisys-jumbo-led-blue.html
and open it up, try to make it as slim as possible. Molex = good so that I don't have to run a USB cable around the back.

Omega
07-05-2006, 01:39 AM
Woo. Said friend who has airbrush said that once he practices and cleans the garage, He'd be able to paint it. This means... I gotta' cover the cost of materials and a small tip. Sweet.

Alot of work until then though...

Scotty
07-05-2006, 02:27 AM
That pic looks great, might want something down in the bottom right though.

As for back lighting those would give such a nice effect

.Maleficus.
07-05-2006, 01:37 PM
I agree, those lazer LEDs would be awesome. You could probably get away with just one of those units, because it seems they emit a lot of light.

Also, where would the silver design go? Depending on where it is, you might want to do what Scotty said and add something in the lower right corner.

Omega
07-05-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure where the silver feature would go.

But a bit of an update, Bought 4" PVC coupling for the 120mm fan intake (120mm fan should have 110mm pipe, that's 4.29in, Lowes only had 4".), 1/4in thick 18in*18in clear plexi, a putty knife, and 750g of bondo. Oh, and Rush's 2112 album.

EDIT: as for the Lazer LED, I would take the body off of it but one does seem fine, and also fits my budget closer. Hell. I spend at least... *thinks* 65$ today alone, on lunch, modidn' supplies, caffiene, and music.

EDIT2: That means I have like just over 25$ left.

EDIT3: Would just like to throw in a late thanks for the 1k views.

Omega
07-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Okay. Enough edits.

Sister suggested that I do commission cases. Now, I've thought about this. But prices would be utter, uh, *insert the word for "forced sexaul intercourse" here*.

Cost of supplies, plus shipping (for non-locals), plus labor, and a tip. Well, materials alone can run quite a bit, as I've learned. And I haven't had to even buy the paint yet. I pointed this out to her. She said that would cost too much.

WTF? I'm not going to buy supplies, completely mod a case, then sell it for less than what it's costs combined is worth, not to mention labor.

Anywho, I might actually do that eventually, for some cash on the side. I know plenty of friends who want me to do it as is....

Omega
07-06-2006, 02:40 AM
Tomorrow I plan on whipping out the dremel and cutting that hole (all our holesaws are too small, we have like a 2in at most), then putting the thing in and marking it. I'm going to have a small raised lip.

Probably will also straighten out some of the lines for the window on the metal, and cut the plexi to size.

Omega
07-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Geuss what?

I spent 5 and a half hours modding today. And got 35 pictures. Hang tight, gotta uplaod them =D

Omega
07-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Okay, Since I don't want to re-write this port thrice for each board it's on, i'll start with the specifics:

TBCS: If you can't tell, Defyant is rather inspiring to me =D Anywho, thanks to everybody for ideas/comments etc

P-Team: Shiks! Thanks for the comments, hope ya like it man

AE: Sien, dude, check it out. Schweet, huh?

The non-forum-specific stuff:

Wow. Took me 5 and a half hours to get from the first pic to the last. long time.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/2585P4140001.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/2585P4140001.JPG)
My outside deck, at 1PM. This is before any modding has started.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/5467P4140002.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/5467P4140002.JPG)
Bondoed over the power and reset switch holes, and the LED holes. I used wayyyy too much bondo for that. =p As you can also see, the circle for the vent is marked (mostly).

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/6458P4140003.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/6458P4140003.JPG)
Bondo!

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/2491P4140004.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/2491P4140004.JPG)
120mm fan next to the 4" PVC pipe coupling piece.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/8457P4140005.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/8457P4140005.JPG)
That's how good it fits.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/375P4140006.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/375P4140006.JPG)
My putty knife =]

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/3794P4140007.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/3794P4140007.JPG)
Entertainment! iPod hooked up to amplified speakers, my cellphone, two sharpies, and my pinkish/purpleish boxcutter. All served on a cardboard box.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/9908P4140008.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/9908P4140008.JPG)
Fan size comparison. The one on the right is the CM 120mm fan. On the right is the generic 70mm fan that used to populate the front of this case.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/6599P4140009.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/6599P4140009.JPG)
Holesaws, Bondo, Putty knife, 120mm fan, front bezel, and masking tape. What more could you want?

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/3552P4140010.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/3552P4140010.JPG)
My "Dremel", cutting discs, "Dremel" case, and masking tape where I'm gonna cut the mobo tray (Remeber the mobo backlighting? gonna run it through here...)

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/2749P4140012.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/2749P4140012.JPG)
Me! Remember kids, saftey first (If you have gloves with full fingers, use those...). Yellow saftey glasses increase contrast, making it easy to see. And yes, that's a San Fransisco Giants hat. Gadda' Problem?

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/476P4140014.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/476P4140014.JPG)
That's why we wear eye protection. That disc shattered and the other fragments flew towards the glass door to my house (the door is fine, though).

Omega
07-06-2006, 10:57 PM
http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/5872P4140016.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/5872P4140016.JPG)
Iron Maiden! (And my lint-infested iPod)

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/1539P4140017.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/1539P4140017.JPG)
Right where the coupling will go. After the front is cut.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/4132P4140018.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/4132P4140018.JPG)
Hole is cut.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/9157P4140019.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/9157P4140019.JPG)
Front of the case... Agian.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/1020P4140020.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/1020P4140020.JPG)
And agian... ( too lazy to rotate the pics. Just tilt your head. )

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/7659P4140021.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/7659P4140021.JPG)
Mountain dew and bondo! (and that unloved "dremel")

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/7340P4140022.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/7340P4140022.JPG)
LED placement and directions, for maximum spread and glow.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/3416P4140023.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/3416P4140023.JPG)
Sanded down, more...

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/4403P4140024.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/4403P4140024.JPG)
Another "overall" kinda shot.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/4841P4150026.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/4841P4150026.JPG)
Coupling is in. The masking tape is marking where I am going to cut.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/8384P4150028.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/8384P4150028.JPG)
Sunlight shot. Case assembeled =D

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/936P4150029.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/936P4150029.JPG)
Obligitory pre-mixed bondo shot...

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/3375P4150030.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/3375P4150030.JPG)
First layer shot. It's so... innocent.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/1565P4150031.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/1565P4150031.JPG)
Another layer or two, and the bondo is holding the coupling...

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/290P4150032.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/290P4150032.JPG)
Sanded more. Still not smooth.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/7073P4150033.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/7073P4150033.JPG)
Another layer goes on.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/2735P4150034.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/2735P4150034.JPG)
After a lot more sanding, it's smooth, kinda. Still gotta touch it up a bit. But it's getting there.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/2386P4150035.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/2386P4150035.JPG)
The final shot.

Will probably finish up that bondo work tomorrow.

simon275
07-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Nice glasses.

You would never be able to tell there was a PVC pipe there looks so smooth nice job.

I never new there was such a thing as 70mm fans.

Also are you going to put a dust filter or something on the other side of the hole behind the 120mm fan thats going to be sucking air in to the front of the case. As the case would fill up with dust pretty quick. As I reckon the front of that would act like a giant vacum clean (not a very powerful one but the analogy is there).

(You are probably going to tell me you live in a dust free home and you own 6 dustbusters with all types of cleaning attactments but is very dusty where I live and dust its allways a conern. DAM CARPET)

Omega
07-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Nice glasses.

You would never be able to tell there was a PVC pipe there looks so smooth nice job.

I never new there was such a thing as 70mm fans.

Also are you going to put a dust filter or something on the other side of the hole behind the 120mm fan thats going to be sucking air in to the front of the case. As the case would fill up with dust pretty quick. As I reckon the front of that would act like a giant vacum clean (not a very powerful one but the analogy is there).

(You are probably going to tell me you live in a dust free home and you own 6 dustbusters with all types of cleaning attactments but is very dusty where I live and dust its allways a conern. DAM CARPET)

Thanks on the compliemtns. Those glasses were a whopping 3.50$ from my shop teacher. Best 3.50$ i've spent.

Yeah, 70mm fans exist, but are rare, from what I can tell.

I might put a filer on the back of the fan, so you can still see (and probably touch) the blades, but so that dust and dog hair does not enter. Maybe something you can take out and clean... hmm...

And, no, I don't live in a dust/fur free enviroment. A day after vacuuming, there are clumps of fur everywhere. That's what 2 dogs and a cat can do.

EDIT: Funny story...

I was at lowes, right? Getting those supplies, and, the help-lady tried to sell me a 5ft ABS pipe for 15$! 4" diamater... Then I turned around and saw the couplling, perfect size, 2$...

hehe.

I gotta go back to lowes before I can mod agian, I'm fresh out of sandpaper, after yesterday. Might pick up some more bondo, too. And probably wander around looking at things for inspiration. I'll be sure to bring the digital cam, hilarity ensues =D

Omega
07-10-2006, 02:24 AM
I've done more work, I will take a few very high quality pictures tomorrow. The vent is almost done, but not quite. You'll see soon enough ;)

Drac998
07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
what you can try to do if you have access to, or are will to buy. A nylon stocking white or clear or similar to your colour scheme. Take a wire coat hanger, take enough length of it, bend it to the shape of your fan. Stretch the nylon over it use hot glue to keep it in place mount it on the back of the fan with an easy to remove fitting, zip tie, string. Then you can take it out every couple weeks and just brush the collected dust and hairs and crumbs off of it.

.alchinko.
07-13-2006, 02:02 AM
dude my computer has a blow hole simulair to yours. but i mounted the fan inside of it and put my switch in the blowhole.

&rew
07-15-2006, 02:29 PM
ay otaku. how goes it?

Omega
07-15-2006, 07:25 PM
ay otaku. how goes it?

heeeey.

not bad, rew, not bad. Feel free to make yourself at home =D

I should be purchasing the Lazer LED arrangement for the mobo backlighting soon, but don't hold your breath ;)

isunktheship
07-17-2006, 12:43 AM
nice work so far, is that bondo tough to deal with?

also, i might have missed this, but are you dedicating the computer to a World of Warcraft server(or guild)?

Omega
07-18-2006, 01:43 AM
nice work so far, is that bondo tough to deal with?

also, i might have missed this, but are you dedicating the computer to a World of Warcraft server(or guild)?

The bondo is kinda tough, you got about three minutes to apply a batch, plus it likes staying on my putty knife. and sanding it isn't exactly easy, even with 60 grit.

And no, this isn't going to be WoW themed at all, but rather based off of colors -- Argent is a sort of silvery-grey color and dawn has sort of black and dark blues =D

Even though I do play WoW, and will probably put a small WoW or SEG (my dad's guild, which I am in) feature somewhere.

MitaPi
07-24-2006, 03:15 AM
Dude, I like the case so far! I was thinking at first that this was not going to turn out so good. No offense or anything. But really, good job so far. I subscribed after seeing those last pictures. I cant wait to see the final product. Should be a pretty good eye catcher! Anywho.... keep up the good work!

-MitaPi

Oh btw, Is world of warcraft worth buying? lol I know.. I will probably get assasinated for this. But I have never played it. In fact I have only played Warcraft III. lol embarassing.... anyways... Cant wait for the next update! TTFN!

Omega
07-24-2006, 04:17 PM
Dude, I like the case so far! I was thinking at first that this was not going to turn out so good. No offense or anything. But really, good job so far. I subscribed after seeing those last pictures. I cant wait to see the final product. Should be a pretty good eye catcher! Anywho.... keep up the good work!

-MitaPi

Oh btw, Is world of warcraft worth buying? lol I know.. I will probably get assasinated for this. But I have never played it. In fact I have only played Warcraft III. lol embarassing.... anyways... Cant wait for the next update! TTFN!

Thanks. I really got to get back to modding though, but it's way too hot out to do anything, and I can't work in areas with limited ventilation.

As far as world of warcraft goes, I think it's worth it, but it really depends wether or not you want to lose your life to this game. It's amazingly addicting and quite fun.

Omega
08-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Some (kinda) bad news: When i was cleaning my room earlier, i accidentally stepped on the PVC tubing and cracked the bondo a lil', but fixed it up pretty quick (and you would only be able to tell it broke if you know where it did).

but i forgot teh camera =/

tomorrow, finally, i'm gonna cut the plexi, and hopefully this 30$ i have will go to window mounting hardware.

/Omega

Omega
08-16-2006, 03:05 AM
Woot, got the window cut today, and it fits, double woot

now to get mounting hardware =p

and that 30$ grew to 80$ but then to 45$ =p

i spent 5$ on drinks and my mom wanted 30$ (for gas/milk)

MitaPi
08-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Ah money.. the modders one weakness! I wonder what would happen if we got too close to kryptonite?? :D

Omega
08-24-2006, 02:51 AM
Ah money.. the modders one weakness! I wonder what would happen if we got too close to kryptonite?? :D

that 45$? Yeah, it's more like 3$ now =D

I am such a Beverage Fiend.

LiTHiUM0XiD3
08-25-2006, 11:32 PM
lol i was thinking about putting a fan tunnel in the front of my case but the i figured out i would have to move my HDs some where damn u and ur different drive configuration!!!!:p :D :p :D

MitaPi
08-26-2006, 08:29 AM
that 45$? Yeah, it's more like 3$ now =D

I am such a Beverage Fiend.

Hey I know what you mean! I cant put down those darn slurpee's!!! Sooo... goooood.... mmmmmm.... HUH!? What? Oh sorry... Dazed off there for a second lol.

Fortunately for me. My lil pocket of cash just doubled thanks to my dad. I told him I needed money for the fair and he gave me some for me and my friends. lol I only paid for me. ^_^ I am now 44 dollars richer! :D Thank god they didnt have slurpees there! Oh and today I modded a CD Rom drive into a piggy bank for my newly found cash. I thought that was freaking sweet! lol

So what are you working on now with this mod?

progbuddy
09-14-2006, 11:05 PM
lol I like how you put quotes around "Dremel". I like the bondo job, but I simply hate working with it. lol use wall putty. that would be fun.

Omega
09-14-2006, 11:36 PM
lol I like how you put quotes around "Dremel". I like the bondo job, but I simply hate working with it. lol use wall putty. that would be fun.

I put quotes around "Dremel" because it's actaully a Craftsman Rotary Tool (With a dremel attachment, lol)

Wall putty? is it easier to work with? How is it's strength?

Omega
09-14-2006, 11:39 PM
Ahh. Here we go. The cooling system i thunk up in another thread:

Now, here's how it should work.

Two air intakes on the bottom of the case. One under the GPU, one in the middle. The air from the GPU-bottom-case-intake will go up and through the spinning GPU fan which will thrust the air out of the case. the heat that isn't expelled backwards will rise up. The middle-bottom-case-intake will just blow up. That's it. Then put an exhaust on the top. Or two. Or three. All 12cm, of course.

For better CPU cooling, maybe re-engineer a slot cooler to go above the GPU slot and suck cool air in and push it up onto the CPU. Where the rear exhaust fan would go, make that an intake also. If you have a fan on the bottom of your PSU, leave it be. If you have fans on the front and back, make them blow into the case, maybe through their own thermal duct.

Then have one more intake on the front of the case, in front of the hard drives. This will blow cool air over the HD's, then the airflow will hit the upward stream and out the top of the case.

Getting the 12cm fans on the top will be interesting, though. That top panel actually slides back and pops off (which is how you get the doors off, if you can figure it out, the doors come off by sliding up rather than back)

I still need to think of where to put that power and reset button =/

progbuddy
09-15-2006, 06:31 AM
I'm going to test wall putty. I think you might have to primer the surface first. lol It would be awesome if it worked well.

Omega
09-16-2006, 05:44 AM
I'm going to test wall putty. I think you might have to primer the surface first. lol It would be awesome if it worked well.

Let me know how it works. I'd rather use something easier to work with that has similar quality but costs more than the other way around.

I'm thinking that I got the cooling system down -- now to think about etching. I wanna etch something into the window, like, say, my school logo, or the Robotics team logo. Maybe.

help me think up stuffs!

Acey
09-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Great mod on the way, should give it a name lol

Omega
09-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Great mod on the way, should give it a name lol

It's already named "Argent Dawn", however I will probably give it an official name when it's nearer to completion.

Omega
09-27-2006, 09:45 PM
I picked up two 3.5in to 5.5in drive rails today, and two lighted blue 12v 16a toggle switches. The rails are so that i don't have to use the hard drive rack and it'll look cleaner that way, and the switches... well.. i'll find a use for 'em.

LAN PARTY NEXT WEEK! wOO!

Shikimaru
09-27-2006, 11:46 PM
interesting, some good progress there

Omega
09-28-2006, 12:59 AM
I'm thinking of perhaps wiring the motherboard lighting to one of the switches then using the other for another accessory like that, maybe feet lighting?

Airbozo
09-28-2006, 12:01 PM
I picked up two 3.5in to 5.5in drive rails today, and two lighted blue 12v 16a toggle switches. The rails are so that i don't have to use the hard drive rack and it'll look cleaner that way, and the switches... well.. i'll find a use for 'em.

LAN PARTY NEXT WEEK! wOO!

So you heading to the lan-party in Grass Valley this weekend?

Omega
09-30-2006, 02:47 AM
So you heading to the lan-party in Grass Valley this weekend?

No, there's an allnight LAN party at my school next saturday.

NamesAreUseless
10-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Woot, got the window cut today, and it fits, double woot

now to get mounting hardware =p

and that 30$ grew to 80$ but then to 45$ =p

i spent 5$ on drinks and my mom wanted 30$ (for gas/milk)

MMM... gas and milk, a perfect combination...

Omega
10-08-2006, 02:02 PM
MMM... gas and milk, a perfect combination...

Please keep off-topic discussion in this thread to a minimum, if you haven't noticed, i try to at least post an idea or something regarding my financial state if i can't post an update.

Speaking of which, i have a thermaltake Gamma Pad. 12 LED's, a button-ey thingy, and 7 different colors. Geuss what i'm going to use for mobo backlighting?

=D

moOmL
10-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Wow nice mod omega! Looks familiar....

Anyway can't wait for the next update!

Omega
10-08-2006, 05:23 PM
Wow nice mod omega! Looks familiar....

Anyway can't wait for the next update!

haha.

Anywho, i went and did a little bit of work on it. That big globby mess thing above the intake is less globby and less messy, now it's just smooth with big ravines in it. Too lazy to mix and apply bondo today though.

I also makred out the place of quite a few air pockets to i can patch that up later as well.

other than that, not much progress today. pics later.

progbuddy
10-09-2006, 04:05 PM
now it's just smooth with big ravines in it.

zomg, idea. You should give the PC a textured finish. What's the mood of the theme?

Omega
10-09-2006, 07:13 PM
zomg, idea. You should give the PC a textured finish. What's the mood of the theme?

going to try to keep it relatively smooth and simple but sophisticated. Hence the lack of a power or reset button on the front and the plan to stealth everything.

Omega
11-01-2006, 01:21 AM
Update:

I just had an idea. On page two, I suggested well hidden power & reset buttons. well, i just remembered, with the current gear in SuperNova (which would go into ArgDawn, btw), i can boot via a keyboard shortcut.

I have, uh, 77$? Yeah! 77!

Tomorrow i'm going to head over to Lowes to grab a respirator (I kinda need one, i've been breathing bondo), and choose out the bolts or whatnot for the window.

The idea of bolts raises the question agian, to myself:

Where the hell am I going with thos mod?

I want to have a robust look, sure, but I also want it to be subtle and sophisticated. I smell alot more bondo work... of course, then agian, all I can smell is bondo.

I'd also like to thank all of you who read this thread. I obviously haven't done too much work to ArgDawn and it's a 9 pages -- that's alot of ideas and comments and probably spam too.

Thanks,
Omega

Omega
11-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Picked up 8 5/16ths bolts with a nice head to 'em. they're pretty rough but a little sanding and paint will make 'em match the mod.

Also got meself a dual side bastard file, one side is double cross, the other is single cross. Gonna use that to smooth off the window edges.

Oh yeah, Also got 5 CF Reinforced cutoff wheels, so i can get away from those uninforced sand cutoff wheels that pretty much shatter when you touch anything but paper =/

EDIT:

Oh now I gotta think about what color to paint the bolts, either Black for a little contrast to the dark blue case or Silver for alot of contrast to the case, keep in mind the bolts wlll be noticeable either way

Omega
11-06-2006, 10:27 PM
-Well, to my dismay, I've found out that i can't effectively bolt the window on. What's this mean? Either foam tape or Silicone sealant, probably the latter. Get the window closer to the panel and have a nice smooth side. Just can't take it off without re-adhering it =/

-Still gotta file the metal so the edges are straight and look nice, before i paint and install the window.

-Cannabalizing another case (it had no sides, top, or mobo tray, and it's kind of a flimsy case to start with) so i can acquire fan mounts and maybe drive racks. I have pictures of what i've done so far about this. I think, firday night when i did this, i might have pissed off me neighbors, too. High pitched metal drilling noise and also rather high-pitched dremel cutting noise isn't always "pleasant" >=D

-Gotta put ArgDawn back under the knife soon (which also means to stop using it as a carrying case for all the fans i plan on using for mock-up and the bondo can and stuff in it =/)

Pcitures:

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/9101/p8130003bu0.th.jpg (http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130003bu0.jpg)
My reinforced cutting wheels are so high-quality, they use actual dremels to reinforce them. Oh yeah.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/1930/p8130005tv5.th.jpg (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130005tv5.jpg)
Same Omega, same "Dremel", same glove (lost the other one!), same glasses, same hat, more moustache, more hair >=D (Yes, this is actually me, the man behind the madness. As for the hat, those little gold round things are the undersides of pushpins. Pretty metal if you ask me. I took another picture before this one but it much sucked: Suckage (http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/9963/p8130004fq0.jpg)) And yes, I am intentionally throwing up the horns with my dremel hand. Well, something had to hold the camera!

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2018/p8130006kl5.th.jpg (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130006kl5.jpg)
Back to buisness: Marked out where i want to cut out that fan mount. It's nifty, it has 80mm, 92mm, and 120mm screw holes.

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1127/p8130007aj6.th.jpg (http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130007aj6.jpg)
Marked out where i want to cut the dual 80mm fan mounts. Most likley going to use those on the back of ArgDawn, where the single 80mm is. Perhaps i'll make this piece protrude out the back a little bit, just to be different.

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/2108/p8130012rg7.th.jpg (http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130012rg7.jpg)
The bit I used to drill out the rivets. When I took this picture i was actually thinking of the caption "Never guess what size bit to use on rivets, it won't work". Well, it turned out that the bit wasn't at fault but rather the Drill Battery was (lol owned).

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/4355/p8130013ye8.th.jpg (http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130013ye8.jpg)
General picture of the case. This is before I did anything really signifigant (The most damage I did was i notched the support bar going across the back to test my dremel before actual use).

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/8343/p8130014nu3.th.jpg (http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130014nu3.jpg)
Some rivets drilled out (See the divot with the two empty holes? There were two rivets there, holding in a support which attached to the back and bottom panels. One of these supports is in the front, too).

Omega
11-06-2006, 10:35 PM
More Pics:

http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/205/p8130015av2.th.jpg (http://img382.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130015av2.jpg)
One of like, 6 of my Makita Drill Batteries charging next to my "Dremel" which is just taking a breather (The damn thing gets hot).

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/664/p8130016nn3.th.jpg (http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130016nn3.jpg)
Kinda blurry, but this is my Makita 30th Anneversary Cordless drill. :D Used to have the non-anneversay edition before (that's why we have so many batteries, they're the same kind) but this one has more gears and also the rubberized grip. Pretty torquey, too.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4625/p8130017uf8.th.jpg (http://img397.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130017uf8.jpg)
While the drill was charging, I had the idea to put the drill bit in the "Dremel". It worked, but not well. =/

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/9993/p8130021iy9.th.jpg (http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p8130021iy9.jpg)
Here's where I stopped; After I cut off the PSU mount. At this point in time, the case is in like, alot of pieces, but not completely dismantled.

I'm gonna go mangle that case some more, get those freakin' fan mounts off of it =D

Back later.

-Omega

Omega
11-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Ah, man, I have no idea how much stainless steel and carbon fiber i've inhaled recently, but i can't smell anything right =/

pissin me off.

Anywho, finished cutting out all the fan mounts. I'll work them down to the size i want later. I'll also post pics later.

-Omega

simon275
11-08-2006, 10:29 PM
Ah, man, I have no idea how much stainless steel and carbon fiber i've inhaled recently, but i can't smell anything right =/

Maybe you should see a doctor having that stuff in your lungs is bad

Cool can't wait to see some more pics.

Omega
11-08-2006, 11:33 PM
Maybe you should see a doctor having that stuff in your lungs is bad

Cool can't wait to see some more pics.

Yeah, having it in there's bad but i'll get over

'sides, most of it gets trapped inside my mucus, which doesn't really affect me.

jdbnsn
11-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah, having it in there's bad but i'll get over

'sides, most of it gets trapped inside my mucus, which doesn't really affect me.

Actually it will affect you. Granted it takes years to see the effect and everyone is effected to different degrees. I study lots of pathology and pneumoconiosis is serious, even done an autopsy on a guy who had a silicone variant, not a pretty death. It's so easy to use a respirator or even a tissue mask which greatly reduces expose, it's really worth doing.

Omega
11-29-2006, 01:51 AM
Well, another "hey, I have money" post. This time, 60$ or so, but that'll probably be used to buy a fuel pump for my car.

Anywho...

Haven't really worked on ArgDawn. I got some CCFL's that were in Supernova but the wires closer to the molex connector were pretty ****ed up so I cut them off and found a molex splitter that I'll modify a little bit. What's all this nonsense mean? ArgDawn's gonna have some on/off blue goodness. Oh yes.

Here's the problem, however. Is the brightness and crap. I want to put a frosted cover over the CCFLS, but I don't want to have the side effects of just the cover glowing and not really lighting everything else, but I want the light to be dim enough that the LED Backlighting is noticeable.

Also, does anybody know if a computer case is grounded? I mean, I know they are, but I'm kind of confused on this damn switch I have. Ah well, I'll figure this damn thing out and hopefully won't break it in the process.

I'm thinking about taking part of the top off (after you remove the panel, remember, this case isn't normal) and making my own little box thing for switches and buttons (Switches for lights, Mobo backlighting and the CCFLs, Buttons for Power/Reset/maybe some soundbox from an action figure or something random like that).

Thanks and stay tuned,
Omega

Omega
12-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Geuss what, bitches?

I got me a Lazer LED for that rumored motherboard backlighting, and I want to do bondo work soon, too.

Also got me some metal primer, so that I can prepare the case for painting, after I dismantle it, of course.

Omega
12-23-2006, 02:52 AM
So, I just did a little bit of work to the window edges on the side panel. Not much -- 'cause it's 10:30 (been working lightly for an hour or so) and files agianst cases are, well, loud. So I've mainly been using low grit sandpaper and the file -- but filing slowly. I think I've taken off a few mm from the bulge along the top line.

Enough chit-chat, picture time:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3411/pa010001xq5.th.jpg (http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010001xq5.jpg)
Money! More than I've had to my name before -- well, since last year anyways (I worked for, and saved up, 250$ last year to buy my sister a PS2 for Christmas). I'm holding 190$ in that picture. I spent around 50$ on new wheels/bearings for my skateboard (65mm Sector 9 wheels, ABEC 5 Bones Reds bearings, real smooth), but got paid back some money people owed me.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7271/pa010002va2.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010002va2.jpg)
Another money shot -- you can see 150$ and my Visa Check Card -- Which has, like, 3 cents on it. =D

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/1556/pa010004wk0.th.jpg (http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010004wk0.jpg)
My "Workbench". It's actually a collapsible table, plastic with a metal frame. As you can see, I'm not working with the highest quality stuff or in the best enviroment. I was going to vacuum it off with that giant ass vacuum underneath the table (you can't see it), but the circuit it was on blew and I'm too lazy to fix it =/

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7671/pa010005gp0.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010005gp0.jpg)
Washable sandpaper sponge block thing. It's like, 60 grit. Pretty useful for bondo work, but not really for metal.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/8/pa010007xk8.th.jpg (http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010007xk8.jpg)
80mm exhaust fan ports make baby Paul Capello cry. I will, however, remedy the situation with some dremel and drill work. Later.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/9595/pa010008we8.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010008we8.jpg)
The hole where the 120mm intake fan will go. It's not perfect -- especially the fact that the two grilles that are there pop out meaning that getting a fan grille there will be a pain in the ass. The solution? Well, I'm thinking an acrylic fan box for the 120mm, and some metal work to replace that front part with a nice, flat, 28 gauge sheet metal canvas. But that'll have to wait for school to start up again and for me to finish my current shop project -- my Longboard (4ft long, 8in wide, 10 ply poplar wood, it's pretty nice).

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7104/pa010009qg9.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010009qg9.jpg)
I posted in another thread how I hacked apart another case for fan/psu mounts and so forth (it lacked a mobo tray anyways). Here's one of those fan mounts, with 120mm, 92mm, and 80mm fan holes. This is what I'm going to use for fan hole markings.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7602/pa010013tt3.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010013tt3.jpg)
Before I even started with the worklog, I played around with the idea of a window in the top of the case. Those are the markings I made for it, or rather where to put it inside. I doubt that I'd have a giant rectangle on top of the case, probably something rounder and more suiting.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4797/pa010014px2.th.jpg (http://img144.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010014px2.jpg)
And that being said, I also thought about doing a window on the side behind the motherboard, a logo or something, to frost and illuminate. I figured I would entertain those ideas to an extent, so I masked the two parts off. And since the side panels can go on either side, I just mounted it so it would be easier to photograph.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5397/pa010015co8.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010015co8.jpg)
Filing the little lump next to the curve down at the bottom there. I figure I probably gotta get a rounded file as well for the curves -- It'd be a bitch to do that with sandpaper, especially since my dremel job wasn't exactly strait...

Omega
12-23-2006, 02:53 AM
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5715/pa010020ge3.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010020ge3.jpg)
That damn iPod nano agian. Just kidding, I love this thing. It's ****ing sweet. 8gb, all black, color screen, and it's light as hell. not to mention, the screen is nice. Guess what band I'm listening to?

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4403/pa010021lj6.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010021lj6.jpg)
Do not anger the omega, for he has access to weighted blunt objects with handles. (I'm holding the file, btw)

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9466/pa010025uz6.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010025uz6.jpg)
See that little nub thingy on the curve? That thing is annoying -- especially because I can't file it down right now D=

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/209/pa010029zo9.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010029zo9.jpg)
...And here's the case, as I am leaving it for tonight. As you can see, I've begun to take the paint off somewhat -- but I'm probably going to buy a power sander or borrow one from my school's shop. I'm sure my shop teacher would be willing to trust me with one =/

Omega
12-23-2006, 04:32 AM
Oh, an afterthought: I'll probably go by Lowes tomorrow to acquire some cheap-o sander, sandpaper, and hopefully a cheap 76mm holesaw and it's close-to-but-under-120mm equivalent. But, knowing Lowes, it'll be like 50$ for the holesaws (each), but they'll be nice. Ah well.

I also think I might pick myself up a pop rivet gun and poprivets so I can re-assemble the case after I prime and paint it.

Okay, so here's the mod-plan so far.

Side Window (In Progress)
120mm Front Blowhole (In Progress)
120mm Rear Exhaust (Queued)
80mm/120mm top exhaust (Queued)
Custom motherboard Backlighting (Queued)
Hidden Start/Reset switches and Power/HDD LED's (Planning)
Logo window/lighting (Planning)
Paint Job (Planning)
Custom Air flow system (Planning)
Custom wire management system (Planning)

(Obviously, In Progress means I'm working on it now, Queued means I know how and where I am going to do it an probably will soon, and Planning means I have the idea but no practical application and/or I have not designed it yet).

Thanks for reading and stay tuned,
Omega

ESX
12-23-2006, 05:39 PM
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/5715/pa010020ge3.th.jpg (http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010020ge3.jpg)
That damn iPod nano agian. Just kidding, I love this thing. It's ****ing sweet. 8gb, all black, color screen, and it's light as hell. not to mention, the screen is nice. Guess what band I'm listening to?

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4403/pa010021lj6.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010021lj6.jpg)
Do not anger the omega, for he has access to weighted blunt objects with handles. (I'm holding the file, btw)

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9466/pa010025uz6.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010025uz6.jpg)
See that little nub thingy on the curve? That thing is annoying -- especially because I can't file it down right now D=

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/209/pa010029zo9.th.jpg (http://img205.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa010029zo9.jpg)
...And here's the case, as I am leaving it for tonight. As you can see, I've begun to take the paint off somewhat -- but I'm probably going to buy a power sander or borrow one from my school's shop. I'm sure my shop teacher would be willing to trust me with one =/
Nirvana! :D

@ 2nd picture: Dude, youre scaring me.

Omega
12-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Nirvana! :D

@ 2nd picture: Dude, youre scaring me.

Heh. Yeah, I ususally take a picture of myself when I'm modding, just for the hell of it.

Omega
12-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Alright! I'm tooled up and ready to rumble. I just spent 93$ on tools, here's the list

"Task Force" Power sander
some generic rounded file
Arrow Poprivet gun
Arrow 1/8th inch poprivets, aluminium
3m Sandpaper, 80, 120, and 160 grit
Kobalt multitool

Oh, and a warranty extension for 5$ on the sander, another year for 5$ seems worth it to me, I mean, this is going to be used quite a bit...

Anywho, I'm tired right now. So I figure I'll check the balance on my bank account then go ahead and make up a list on newegg of parts I need, mainly fans. Maybe I'll head up to TAP sometime soon for acrylic epoxy and 1/8th acrylic pieces for that 120mm fanbox...

Omega
12-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Oh, and I just bought two 120mm blue LED fans (Intake and Exhaust on ArgDawn) and a ThermalTake Big Typhoon CPU cooler 'cause this Zalman isn't cutting it.

EDIT: And I expect the package to get here about mid to end-week. Spiffy.

Oh, and unless I go mod right now (which I won't, I need a shower), ArgDawn is on temporary haitus until, oh, tuesday or so. 'Tis the season, after all.

Omega
12-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Alright, well, forget Tuesday. It's Christmas day, and I wanna mod, god damnit!

In a few minutes, I'll gather up my tools, grab the case and an extension cord, then do some work on the deck (mainly paint stripping of that one side panel... Still trying to deicde on a window/blowhole for the top or other side).

Anywho, Merry Christmas to all of you, especially those reading this. :santa:

Omega
12-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Alright, so.

The paint is stripped off of that side panel (god, that took FOREVER, even with a power sander), and the edges are straight (for the most part), and the curves are curved! I couldn't be happier.

After Newegg credits my account, I'll probably get some stuff from MNPCtech. Just some cheap stuff.

b4i7
12-25-2006, 10:02 PM
cant wait to see it!...been watchin this for a while now :)

Omega
12-25-2006, 10:39 PM
cant wait to see it!...been watchin this for a while now :)

Yeah. It's starting to move along again.

After newegg credits my account, I hope to get plexiglass for a 120mm fanbox for the intake fan, and sheetmetal to redo the metal that's there.

EDIT: Oh, and I see a frame-off happening in the near future for paint. Assuming I keep up this pace, I'm thinking it'll happen during the week.

Images! (the ones I have, anyways):
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3963/pa030043tf8.th.jpg (http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa030043tf8.jpg)
Starting to look really nice!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4558/pa030045gl1.th.jpg (http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa030045gl1.jpg)
This edge, too, is getting nicer.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/359/pa030046fb1.th.jpg (http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa030046fb1.jpg)
The bottom and left edges are really nice now, with the exception of that little lump near the curve on the bottom edge. I don't have a picture, but that lump is gone now.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7763/pa030047pn2.th.jpg (http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa030047pn2.jpg)
This curve was being a complete bitch. It didn't want to take on a nice curve shape. That is, of course, until I took the power sander to it.

And the final picture for now...

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5706/pa030051kq0.th.jpg (http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa030051kq0.jpg)
I had drilled out one of the old rivets to see if the new ones would fit... and you're looking at one of the new ones. Also, I was wrong, I didn't get 1/8th Aluminum rivets, I got 1/8th Steel. Good thing, too, because Aluminum rivets suck balls. I know from experience.

Omega
12-26-2006, 12:56 AM
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/7858/pa040001vb5.th.jpg (http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pa040001vb5.jpg)

There we go.

That's the case panel, as it is (and where it is, on my bed).

docturtle
12-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Looking good bro. Keep it up.

Omega
12-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Looking good bro. Keep it up.

Thanks man.

The weather here at my house has improved greatly, it's sunny and the wind isn't blowing anymore. What does this mean?

Well, it means I better find my 1/8ths drill bit and frame off/prime soon. Even if the case sits primed for awhile because I have no paint, It's still a step in the right direction.

Also, after I find that ****ing drill bit, I can do the metalwork on the front of the case.

Oh, and I ordered some stuff from thinkgeek and have about 30$ left, I hope to get 40$ this weekend (or more, possibly), and then go get acrylic.

Omega
12-28-2006, 11:29 PM
I'm gonna go hunt down that 1/8th drill bit, go down the the garage, and set up a nice little place for me to prime that side panel and do metal work.

Although I'll probably only do the metal work tonight and do the priming on new year's day. huzzah!

(I'm gone for the weekend and not going to work on the case sunday night... so...)

Omega
12-31-2006, 09:51 PM
It's New Year's Eve, and I have an update for you! Huzzah!

(All Pictures are Thumbnails, click for bigger version)

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/7143PA100002.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/7143PA100002.JPG)
Remember how I said I was going to put mesh behind the blowhole? Well, I figured since my workbench was nice and ready for use, I'd get to work. Here you can see the white masking tape (<3!) that I used to mark out the circle.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/8730PA100003.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/8730PA100003.JPG)
aaaaand here's the back to that mesh panel thingy. You can see I've cut just about half of it.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/9546PA100004.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/9546PA100004.JPG)
Shazam! There's the mesh, cut and fitted inside the intake. Looks pretty good to me. I will sand, prime, and paint it soon. The first part to get all 3. Oh, and I'll probably hold it in with superglue or something. I don't expect it to deal with too much stress.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/9634PA100005.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/9634PA100005.JPG)
I was talking about how I was going to cut the front to make room for new metal, and here's some Masking tape before the cut!

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/4474PA100006.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/4474PA100006.JPG)
A friend took a picture of me while I was taking a break. God, I'm such a loony.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/4176PA100007.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/4176PA100007.JPG)
Just playing with my little portable fluorescent light thingy

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/7297PA100008.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/7297PA100008.JPG)
I normally mark "Cut Here" in case I leave and somehow forget (actually happened once, please stifle your laughter) where to. I was bored and figured I'd put the date, my name (The Greek letter Omega, which is that funny O looking thing), and a shout-out to TBCS.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/9264PA100010.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/9264PA100010.JPG)
My iPod Nano playing Metallica.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/702PA100011.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/702PA100011.JPG)
The cut's done! (Moot-side-note: I actually lowered the line at the top of the cut, I figured it would be useless to have a 1 or 2mm sliver of metal left, not enough room for rivets)

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/6827PA100012.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/6827PA100012.JPG)
Where the rivets will go. I figure I'll probably use less, though. Either 1 or 3 per side.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/7955PA100013.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/7955PA100013.JPG)
Front of the case w/ the mesh inside the blowhole and the giant gaping hole in the front of the case cut. I think it looks nifty.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/5694PA100014.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/5694PA100014.JPG)
And a better picture of it.

(All Pictures are Thumbnails, click for bigger version)

Happy new year, TBCS.

-Omega

Omega
01-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Well, after thinking about the definition of Argent (It's a shade of silver), I figure I may as well use "Silver Dawn" as opposed to "Argent Dawn". I might, I might not.

I probably will, though. "Silver Dawn" has a special sort of mysticism to me and so does this case.

DaveW
01-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Looking good Omega, +Rep.

Man, you go through a lot of sigs. :)

-Dave

sirkillalot617
01-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Lovin it so far cant wait to see the rest :D

.Maleficus.
01-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Man, this is looking great! Very nice bondo work, I wish I could do that.

Omega
01-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Looking good Omega, +Rep.

Man, you go through a lot of sigs. :)

-Dave

Heh, yeah I do. I greatly prefer image sigs, however.

Thanks for the +rep, Dave.

Lovin it so far cant wait to see the rest :D

Thanks man!

Man, this is looking great! Very nice bondo work, I wish I could do that.

Here's the thing... If you can mix stuff, put it on something in less than two minutes or so, then sand it to the shape you want, you can do bondo work. It's not quite hard, but it is a lot of sanding. I really suggest, that if you do work with it, wear a dust mask.

EDIT:

Haha, forgot to add this last night =/

Anywho, as you can kinda see at the top of the blowhole in the second picutre, there's a slight hole where I messed up dremeling (whoops). My mom had the Idea to put it on the top of the hole where most people won't see it.

If anybody here knows how I can remedy that situation sans JB Weld or Bondo, please, do tell.

And no, I don't have the scraps.

Omega
01-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Alright. So, the plan is today to measure how much room I have to put the new piece of metal there, cut it, place it, then mark the fan hole for the 120mm, drill the screw holes, go to town with the dremel to make the fan hole itself, make that nice and smooth (uh-duh), and probably prime that piece of mesh I have for the blowhole.

Then, if I have time (and patience), do the same thing for the back of the case. Make it take a 120mm fan (as opposed to the 80mm fan mount it has at the moment). That would involve drilling, marking, and dremeling.

Last but not least, if I can, decide if I want to put a design on the opposite side of the case. I really need to figure that out. I also need to figure out if I am going to put a 120mm or 92mm blowhole on the top of the case as a top-exhaust fan.

I figure I should really, however, try to finish external work (Priming the side panel that I have stripped, deciding to or making the design, etc) before I do frame work (New fan holes, new metal, etc).

Ah well. I may just spend the day going to a friend's house and partying like it's 2007.

jaxspades
01-04-2007, 03:09 AM
Woot!!!
Metallica!!

The Project seems to be coming along really well, Omega.

Keep it up--I know how it is when you only have 50 a week.....

Omega
01-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Just got me a leather trenchcoat (FTW)!

That being said, I am a member of a US First Robotics team (Technology High School, Team 675) and it's build season (The 6 weeks where geeks build a robot to complete a challenge and compete agianst other teams, proceeding to lose sleep, food, and personal time in exchange for mental and physical stress), and Robotics is my top priority. I'm helping build the Chassis, and, well, I'm the only 2nd Year builder on the Chassis team (Somebody has to teach the freshman) and I am the Pneumatics team (One-man Army FTW) so I will be quite busy.

That being said, The progress we're making on the Robot (Which I will call Bess for now) is quite nice. I may make a thread about it.

Murader
01-19-2007, 03:53 PM
i love the Turbine. thats some Great Bondo Work. and the Side panel is Really nice. i like how you dident stick with the standard Shaped window.

armadilloben
01-24-2007, 09:19 PM
i love the Turbine. thats some Great Bondo Work. and the Side panel is Really nice. i like how you dident stick with the standard Shaped window.

not trying to sound mean murader but your talking about that guy with bondo as his sig for as long as ive been on the forums up until now lol

sirkillalot617
01-25-2007, 06:17 PM
I eagerly awaiting an update oh and armadilloben i must have killed about 30 kittens iv read ur sig that much

Omega
01-25-2007, 06:20 PM

Thanks. =]

not trying to sound mean murader but your talking about that guy with bondo as his sig for as long as ive been on the forums up until now lol

Just because I had Bondo as my sig doesn't mean I'm good with it. It just means I like it.

I eagerly awaiting an update oh and armadilloben i must have killed about 30 kittens iv read ur sig that much

I'm projecting the next update sometime in late march... =/

armadilloben
02-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Thanks. =]

Just because I had Bondo as my sig doesn't mean I'm good with it. It just means I like it.

I'm projecting the next update sometime in late march... =/

well i think your good with bondo8)

Omega
02-07-2007, 03:02 AM
Move the next update back. Mid-april or May, maybe. The end of march, I'll still be busy. April, I might still be busy, and the beginning of May, I hope to partake in a "Tour de Cure", which is basically a bunch of people cycling to help raise money for diabetes research.

.Maleficus.
02-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Move the next update back. Mid-april or May, maybe. The end of march, I'll still be busy. April, I might still be busy, and the beginning of May, I hope to partake in a "Tour de Cure", which is basically a bunch of people cycling to help raise money for diabetes research.
That's a very good reason to set a project back :up:.

If you're helping one community, then this community can wait.

Omega
02-11-2007, 04:33 PM
That's a very good reason to set a project back :up:.

If you're helping one community, then this community can wait.

Yeah.

Well, the reason why I won't update for at least two weeks now is due to US FIRST robotics. I'm a member of Team 675, Tech High Phantoms. The Tour de Cure is something that just popped up and that I wish to attend.

I really should work on SilverDawn though. I want to get it finished.

jdbnsn
03-04-2007, 07:41 PM
I dig the new sig, that little emblem looks familiar. ;)

Omega
03-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I dig the new sig, that little emblem looks familiar. ;)

Yeah. I was trying to remember who suggested that, but alas.

So yeah, thanks for the idea, Jdbnsn.

Omega
04-10-2007, 01:15 AM
I apologize for the hiatus in modding (it's been over 4 months since I updated, SilDawn hasn't moved since...). I've been attending (and might I add, kicking ass at) Robotics competitions. The Championship event is Thursday through Saturday (I'll be gone Wednesday through Sunday) so no mods for about a week or two afterwords, at least.

I do have intent to finish this damn thing eventually, though.

Commando
04-10-2007, 04:54 AM
Looks wicked. I love the bondo smooth intake thing. That is such an awesome technique.

Omega
04-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Looks wicked. I love the bondo smooth intake thing. That is such an awesome technique.

It is.

Looking back on it, however, I wish I had made it a bit shallower. I'm not about to take all that bondo off then cut the PVC down to size, however.

Although, I do like it's prominence. It makes the intake look like it's saying "I am a fan intake and I am HERE".

I have a rotary sander now, too. I might use that on the intake eventually (like right after a coat of bondo dries...).

Hmm.

Does anybody know what kind of epoxy I should use for gluing acrylic to sheetmetal? I decided I could go with the clean look for the windiw, but I don't know what to do it with.

Maz
04-10-2007, 04:13 PM
i have never had a solid hold with a solid connection, but i suggest silicone caulk for a flexible one.

Omega
04-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Amagawd, update.

I told you it'd be in late April!

Anywho, no pictures. Mainly because I didn't have my camera near.

Here's what I did:

-Minor bondo sanding
-Found an 80mm fanbox on another case I have
-Got rid of the built-in standoffs (don't want to short out a motherboard!)
-Filed the mesh that's going in the front intake
-Cut off the built-in fan grille that was on the back of the case
-Perforated another piece of metal for something (that'd be a bit too hard to explain)
-Decided that I want to make a remote start (and found buttons to do so)

I've been thinking about my past plans for the project, and where It's going. so far, those two match up, but I've been having some thoughts to drop the "Clean & simple" case mod for something with a bit more to look at. Drive bay covers are a must either way, since they can look either clean and simple or nice and ornate.

I've also been considering the theme. Black with Dark Blue and Silver seems pretty good, but I've been toying around with the idea of making the blue into green instead. I probably won't do that, though.

Anywho, I might take pictures later. I have to organize my workbench (what a surprise), organize the extra cases I have (what a surprise), vacuum all the steel, bondo, paint, etc (what a surprise), and hunt down aluminium stereo knobs.

And no, I won't tell you what the knobs are for (except that it won't just be case feet).

Computer-Geek
04-23-2007, 11:56 PM
Can't wait for some actual pictures lol but it sounds pretty good.

Omega
04-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Alright. Ask and ye shall receive.

Just let me upload the mofos. They're freakin' heug.

Omega
04-24-2007, 12:29 AM
http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/511P1310006.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/511P1310006.JPG)
Ahh, perforation. It's kind of like notebook paper, saying "Tear here". Except it's calling to my dremel and saying "Come and get some". Had to perforate it with a drill (that took two battery swaps & lots of arm hurt-age).

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/2784P1310007.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/2784P1310007.JPG)
And this is why you don't drill holes... on a plastic foldable table. It's not the first abuse this table has seen, however. It's also met Dremel attacks, file attacks, and hacksaw attacks.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/1941P1310008.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/1941P1310008.JPG)
Note the standoff holes. The larger ones are the ones where the standoffs were built into the motherboard tray (and I drilled them off). The bottom standoff hole was the worst -- it bent the motherboard tray near it and I had to use my 5-lb sledgehammer (smallest hammer I have) and my file to flatten the metal back out).

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/5819P1310009.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/5819P1310009.JPG)
The front, from the inside. That big square hole is going to be "patched" essentially with that peice of metal that I'm cutting out (the perforated one).

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/8370P1310010.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/8370P1310010.JPG)
See that hole? The round one? On the back? That used to have a built-in fan grille on it. I changed that.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/3011P1310013.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/3011P1310013.JPG)
Same thing, different angle.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/2721P1310011.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/2721P1310011.JPG)
The 80mm fanbox I found in another case. Nifty.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/4569P1310012.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/4569P1310012.JPG)
I don't normally like Black Plastic fans, but in a nice metal fanbox, it looks pretty cool.

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/3469P1310014.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/3469P1310014.JPG)
And that's what it looks like mounted on the case (although I didn't get a shot from the inside where you can actually see the fanbox).

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/7907P1310015.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/7907P1310015.JPG)
LED's and their respective connectors. They're for Power, HD Activity, and something else (too lazy to look/not really important)

http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/thumbs/5478P1310016.JPG (http://www.lotechdesigns.com/host/images/5478P1310016.JPG)
Powah button!

Computer-Geek
04-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Nice work!

HourBeforeDawn
05-14-2007, 01:27 AM
I love when people recycle old cases to make their mods, some awesome work have come out of those oldies, nice work keep it up.

Omega
08-31-2007, 01:50 AM
I am going to be dropping this mod in favor of my two ammo can mods and probably Tiberium too.

Rather than just junking it, I'll be willing to ship it to anybody who is willing to pay for shipping. You'll get the case and everything that attaches to it (top panel, side panels, and front panel). As well as the U-channel moulding if I can find it.

Send me a PM and we'll work something out.

But for anybody interested: Keep in mind that the side panel that the window was cut out of got bent then bent back and doesn't go on very easily. I'm sure with some prescision hammering on an anvil or other hard metal surface that would be fine.

If I don't get any PM's by next friday, I'm gonna throw it out.

-Omega