PDA

View Full Version : My idea...

Sertainment
05-23-2006, 03:50 PM
So heres the deal. Im new to this site, it is amazing...Im on an extremely low budget due to the fact that im only 16 and I work at a fast food restaraunt. My original plan was a SNES, NES and Sega genesis all in one rigged together in the case so that they look like 5.25 drives, but thats not gonna happen due to the fact I have never done a mod before in my life, so if anyone out there thinks thatd be a cool retro kinda idea, try it out and let us all know, but for a first mod I was looking for some suggestions for a cool lookin mod, but also tryin to keep the price down a bit. Thanks guys.

d_stilgar
05-23-2006, 04:08 PM
The easiest thing you can do is paint. Turning a crappy beige PC into pretty much any other color adds a lot. You could also add a window to a computer you have or some lights. That stuff is all pretty simple. If you want to challenge yourself, look at what the guys do with bondo on this site. If you feel you might be able to sculpt something and have a theme in mind, you will probably do alright. Just remember that your first mod is either going to take a long time, or not turn out perfect.

Sertainment
05-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Actually just yesterday I replaced the window panel with a steel mesh and used some silicone glue to hold it in place along with a fan screwed into a good spot so it looks pretty sweet, ill try and get some pics up if I can find my usb for my camera...

Sertainment
05-23-2006, 04:34 PM
http://xs201.xs.to/xs201/06212/PICT0011.JPG
http://xs201.xs.to/xs201/06212/PICT0012.JPG

Rankenphile
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
not bad. :D

Sertainment
05-23-2006, 07:33 PM
I just got an idea for a mod, its probably been done before, but what about the old WW2 Concrete Bunkers like the ones from D-Day on the beach, or just your standard pillbox, even that would be a pretty cool mod if it is done relatively well. If you guys know of someone doin this let me know or show me a link or somethin, thx

d_stilgar
05-23-2006, 10:30 PM
I don't think I've ever seen one. So congrats on being original!