PDA

View Full Version : anyone using matlab?

dgrmkrp
05-23-2006, 04:17 PM
sorry to bother.. looked over the net 4 this.. i was thinking of putting some images in a projec tof mine.. butt!!!! i can't control the placement, the settings are all wrong, they override my graphs..dammit.. anyone please tell me some tips&tricks :)) pretty please..

CanaBalistic
05-23-2006, 08:42 PM
I've never used that program. sry

Cevinzol
05-23-2006, 09:02 PM
I'd love to help but I'm trying to wrap my old-fogy brain around SketchUp

GT40_GearHead
05-24-2006, 12:46 AM
I'd love to help but I'm trying to wrap my old-fogy brain around SketchUp

=)) LOL

maximan1
06-06-2006, 10:42 PM
I've never used that program. sry
Yeah you're only 5 and a half!!!:D

opengswede
06-07-2006, 05:30 AM
you want pictures from matlab organized properly? Have I understood correctly?
look into figure(), plot(), hold and subplot() functions.
figure creates a new pane, plot plots in that plane, subplot creates an m x n matrix of subplots and you move forward in the subplots by selecting specifying which subplot by the third argument to subplot.
see: here (http://cnx.org/content/m13252/latest/) for code and details.

Or, do as I did, save each graph and picture to eps and use LaTex and minipage to organize them as you want. If you have thm in eps format, pretty much anything can be done with them in a layout program of choice, even Word nowadays.

Not sure why you want to organize figures within matlab, though? It is much easier to save each picture and use a different program for that.

-.erik

dgrmkrp
06-07-2006, 02:50 PM
:) thank you opengswede. It was for an exam.. no worry though.. got max points on that.. we simulated some circuits, we all got somthing as a project theme.. i got a rectifier.. nice study, casue now i know how a psu work and maybe one day i'll build one :) i wanted to organize them casue it's difficult :)

opengswede
06-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Sorry I was a bit late, but good to hear things worked out the best way possible :)

actually, organising them in matlab is not difficult, the hard part is to make the presentation make sense...

-.erik