PDA

View Full Version : release date for spore.

taste_the_painbow
05-25-2006, 03:08 PM
i was wanting to know the release date for spore. i tryed looking online but no one would give me a straight answer.

Cevinzol
05-26-2006, 01:24 AM
well neither Maxis nor EA are listing it on their websites so my guess is its still in beta testing.

Just because it showed up at E3 doesn't mean it ready for release. It might be slated for x-mas.

Rankenphile
05-26-2006, 02:13 AM
There is no official release date yet. Some time in 07 is the word on the street.

DaveW
05-26-2006, 07:59 AM
I sense a Duke. That is, a game with no determinable release date: a game stuck in gaming limbo. Examples include Dungeon Keeper 3 (recently cancelled) and Duke Nukem.

-Dave

Rankenphile
05-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Nope. This game will absolutely be released, but this is Will Wright's masterpiece - he won't let his hands off of this until it is "done", until it is as flawless as he can get it. EA knows that they have probably the most gifted mind in game design history spearheading it, and are (for once) being smart enough to let him do what he wants with it. It has already been revealed to be coming out, at least in limited form, on hand-held and mobile platforms, and I'm sure we'll see it on the PS3 and the 360, too, in one form or another. The most "pure" and feature-filled will always be the PC version, of course, as there is just more you can do with the platform.

This game is going to be absolutely huge - a gigantic new franchise for EA, potentially larger than The Sims. EA knows they are sitting on a cash cow with this one, and if there is a single person I trust when it comes to game design, it's Will Wright.

Okay, Sid Meyers is a very close second, but Will is a genius. Don't worry - it will come out, and when it does it will be absolutely incredible.

DaveW
05-26-2006, 01:15 PM
have probably the most gifted mind in game design history

I'm sorry but i must disagree. Shigeru Miyamoto is clearly the greatest games designer of all time. Will can lick his shoes clean.

I refer you to this list: Shigsy's Conquests (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_games_created_by_Shigeru_Miyamoto )
And then Will's page: Will's Page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Wright)

I'm not saying this through fanboyism, or anything like that-it's just that simple. Shigsy is a gift from god to gamers. Personally, i would single handedly credit him for Nintendo's success thus far. It's been his recent lack of new and iinnovative titles that lets him down recently-god knows he tries though. The new Zelda looks good. (It better not be WII! ahahahaha! I'm so funnee. :D)

-Dave

Rankenphile
05-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Oof, how could I forget Shiggy? My bad. You're exactly right.

Did I ever tell you about the time I shared an elevator with Shiggy? It was when I went to E3 last year - I stayed in the same hotel as he did. I was dumb-struck. All I could do was try not to stare and pray I didn't fart.

I brought this story up once on another forum, and it turns out there is a web comic out there about the same situation - a guy ends up in a elevator with Captain Miyamoto himself, and ends up passing out because he forgets to breathe, but not before he relieves himself all over Shiggy's shoes.

crenn
05-31-2006, 05:32 PM
And that comic would be VG Cat (www.vgcats.com)