PDA

View Full Version : iTunes needs another update...

BuzzKillington
03-27-2012, 11:02 AM
They continue to update and it seems nothing useful is ever changed. I've been e-mailing them about a very simple yet frustrating detail they've overlooked time after time...

When you're playing a song in random the song playing is automatically at the top of the list. Sweet. When it goes to the next song it naturally puts it at the top of the list but the first song played stayed highlighted so when I press CTRL+backspace... guess what gets deleted off of my computer?!!! NOT the crap song I'm currently listening to! While I know there is a simple user solution to click the song playing and then delete but when you're trying to clean up your list it gets pretty annoying.

Another feature that you'd think would be included would be #hotkeys similar to youtube where you can go to corresponding sections of a song. If you're in the habit of using hotkeys you probably understand why using your mouse for these kinda things is beyond irritating.

What gets me is they've never responded with anything other than an automated e-mail. I know they're swamped with e-mails from people asking to marry them and show their tattoos of apple logos and stickers on everything they own but sheesh...

:dead:

Fuganater
03-27-2012, 12:08 PM
I hate their updates. They are always 50MB + which takes me like 3 hours to download.

AmEv
03-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Part of my frustration with Apple products.

TLHarrell
03-27-2012, 12:51 PM
I don't seem to have that problem. I will not ever install Apple garbage on my computers. Winamp FTW.

AmEv
03-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Banshee.

Konrad
03-27-2012, 02:35 PM
+1 Winamp and Android. Even QuickTime and RealPlayer and Adobe Reader (which I associate with Macs) are forever banned from my machinery ... the alternatives work perfectly, and are usually smaller/faster plus let me control what and when I update.

luciusad2004
03-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Itunes is one of the things I hate most from apple. Sucks because i love there hardware and like iDevices, but hate needing iTunes.

Supposedly whatever it is that is installed on Ubuntu (banshee?) by default can sync to my iPod but i didn't feel like testing it out and messing up my current set up. I don't mind that iTunes CAN sync, but I wish I could just Drag and Drop or manage my iPod manually from a file browser.

It's the one thing that keeps the debate going in my head when it comes to android vs iOS. I want an iPad but don't want the lock in.

d_stilgar
03-28-2012, 10:21 PM
I use Zune player. I really can't recommend it enough. It's just a solid player that looks good and handles your files really well.

If you want to change to something else go give it a try.

AmEv
03-30-2012, 09:26 AM
The current Ubuntu playerer is called "Banshee", and there is a Windows version. Still in beta testing, but you can find it with a little Googling.

Claaken
04-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Recent iTunes updates are useless. Don't know what for they release them

Twigsoffury
04-11-2012, 11:11 PM
what?

Oh oops... i'm already updating my media player on my droid.

Check this out.

*Drags and drops .mp3 from computer to phone*

look...it works! and it plays like its supposed to... how amazing is that?!?

luciusad2004
04-11-2012, 11:25 PM
shush. You'll make us iDevice users cry...

I have an old Eris. Don't use it for anything other than phone and texting because it's to slow (probably due to cyanogenMOD), but did find that there is a group working to port Ice Cream Sandwich to it...
I don't know how old this phone is (I got it used for free), but i doubt the equivalent iPhone at the time this thing came out is running iOS 5.

BuzzKillington
04-11-2012, 11:50 PM
I rely on my Droid too much to waste battery on music. I don't really use my iPhone for music either but it's nice to have in the car paired with an FM transmitter meant for your house. :twisted:

TLHarrell
04-12-2012, 12:37 AM
Love my Droid Thunderbolt (rooted, running one of the Virus nightlies). I run streaming radio on it all the time, especially in the car (plugged into power). I have it set up for FTP too, so I don't even have to find a cable... drag and drop files over the network.

My wife has my older Eris. Rooted and running another Sense based ROM. Pretty decent for such a limited device.

luciusad2004
04-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Love my Droid Thunderbolt (rooted, running one of the Virus nightlies). I run streaming radio on it all the time, especially in the car (plugged into power). I have it set up for FTP too, so I don't even have to find a cable... drag and drop files over the network.

My wife has my older Eris. Rooted and running another Sense based ROM. Pretty decent for such a limited device.

Do you know what ROM she is running? I think that cyanogenMod is just a bit much for my phone. Thought about either find a lighter Gingerbread rom or even looking for a Froyo Rom.

I found a couple i wanted to try but apparently a lot of the sites that used to be used to host rom files went under after the megaupload bust.

TLHarrell
04-12-2012, 02:24 AM
XTRSense. Good daily driver ROM for the Eris.

luciusad2004
04-12-2012, 02:27 AM
Oh cool. I know they have a non-sense version of that. Maybe I'll give it a try. I think xtr-sense was on my phone when I got it but I ditched it to get rid of Sense UI