PDA

View Full Version : New Phone time....

slaveofconvention
04-13-2012, 03:33 AM
It's approaching that time again - been almost 2 years I've been using my Android based HTC Desire and my contract is about up.

Trying to decide which way to go this time - iPhone and Blackberry are 100% off the table - I have zero interest in either so that leaves me with a plethora of Android devices or maybe a Windows 7 phone.

Does anyone have any experience with the Windows phone OS?

Stonerboy779
04-13-2012, 04:51 AM
The common theme comeing from windows phones is one of great dissatisfaction.

I am currently considering upgrading my now rather aged Xperia X10 to a HTC One X. I reckon you should give it a look.

slaveofconvention
04-13-2012, 07:15 AM
That's actually my Android option already heh

Bopher
04-13-2012, 06:37 PM
I use a HTC Trophy running Windows 7. i like it. Handles work email and personal email. Lots fo apps. I even have a nice app for my Xbox Live. I can see who's online, send messages, add names. I'm a big gamer so that was a nice point for me.

CrazyTeaPot
04-13-2012, 08:10 PM
I have my eye on the HTC One X. Looks like a pretty nice phone.

slaveofconvention
04-13-2012, 09:31 PM
Hmm the One X is a touch expensive... I haven't paid a penny for a phone in a decade lol - to get the One X from my current carrier I'd actually have to pay towards it :S

Stonerboy779
04-13-2012, 09:35 PM
I just want a companies to release a phone with dual core A15s.

Galaxy III 2 with in home a15 duo would be nice because it looks like the galaxy III will be shipping an in home a9 quad that fails compared to the terga 3.

The snapdragon dual core in the htc one xl aint quite up to scratch not so much in the performance of the krait processor but in the phone features.

You should give the HTC One XL a look over too because it is actually a better CPU the GPU may not be so good not really sure yet... but definitely holds it's own only thing missing is the dummy core forlight tasks and touch screen.

TLHarrell
04-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Thunderbolts are free right now.