PDA

View Full Version : Loads Slow?

Matthew
04-12-2005, 07:54 PM
I dont know if this is for just me and my area...but I for a while now the site (forums atleast) have been loading slow. It is only on topics or pages of topics with more than 3 replies. I have a 7mb line and other pages load fast so I am *pretty* sure its not me...lol. I have also tried it on other computers/isps and I have the same problem. Dunno...just wondering if it was just me or what ever.

P.S. At first it seamed like a dns reslove problem...but I found it only to be on larger pages...mabye the server is getting loaded with all the views?

P.P.S. Also looks like its just posts with pictures...now that I look at it.

Frakk
04-12-2005, 07:57 PM
i have the same issues. usually threads with pictures load slow. maybe some coding would help it since the pics are not on the forums.

Matthew
04-12-2005, 08:17 PM
I think the forum is doing some kind of picture check...like the broken link check...I dunno...never used vBulletin...I was just gonna mention it because it was kind of a pain if I am looking through new posts...

Rachel
04-12-2005, 09:55 PM
I have only noticed this on my Project AVP thread because my image host is down right now. If it's not fixed by tomarrow I'll have to host elsewhere.

Whisp
04-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Yeah its loads slow. why I took all the pictures out of my thread and put them as just as links. Was taking up to 5 minutes toload my thread lol.

thought it ws strange since Ihave worklogs in other sites and they load fine.

Matthew
04-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Its not your host...its the forums...I am pretty sure its the image checker...I can live with it I was just gonna see if there is anything they can do.

OldY
04-20-2005, 04:08 AM
Looks like its been fixed, mine isn't slow anymore :D :D

Frakk
04-20-2005, 07:41 AM
it isnt slow all the time. sometimes its fast, sometimes its slow.

Malatory
04-20-2005, 02:47 PM
What I have seen..

area's where we would get the Cross Hairs (No Pics) and it loads the [PIC SERVER DOWN] Grphx or text is where it is taking the time. More Pic added to the thread.. longer it takes to verify that they Image is working.

Nice.. but can lag some of us on boradband+ conections as well.

Xbrid
04-21-2005, 06:07 AM
The pages load slow sometimes, load fast other times. it is really annoying and needs to be seen to.