PDA

View Full Version : out of ID's (gothic style)

Nemo
05-29-2006, 03:21 PM
ok...

Needed to update my PC so bought some new motherbord, videocart, harddisk

Like all..

now I nede to trow my old case away cause It doesnt fit anny more.. sounds like I'll make a new one.

I whant black (gothic style) I still got my red neon's etc from my old one so sounds like black/red

can still be gothic (need lil purple maybe).
I got 2K to spend on it left.. and .. mm lets see 6weeks to build 24/7.

But I'm out of ID's :? :(

So anny one ever made some gothic type case (or mouse or keybord (I liked the alien mouse thing but its a tutorial so need to give it a lil of my own but I think I'll do it!))
never done a keybord modding so anny one more id's?

I just want black/red/purple and got money to spend so send me some :rolleyes: :D

Srry for my bad english

Cannibal23
05-29-2006, 05:21 PM
pick a design or symbol you feel is gothic. sand the top cover and side panels of your pc. cut out your design from one of the side panels. like a cross or an ank or something ... whatever you want. paint the inside of your pc red. put the red cathode from your old pc inside the new one at the bottom. paint the outside of your pc black. enjoy

Nemo
05-30-2006, 04:19 AM
ok, I got my black puside just need to paint the inside red BUT I never pained my inside B4 If its empty there is NP for the chips or somethig right? jsut let it dry and np..

not bad cause it get heat up? and does it mine waht kidn of paint I use?

nad I alreayd GOT a window in my case so I gett I cant make a sine in it... (that can be a prob. liekd the ID tho..)

and what of the oud site its now a real style full case nice with lil chroom on it.. but to nice if you ask me :D woh to make it look more evil?

Némo

FyR
05-30-2006, 03:28 PM
hi Nemo, can you post some pictures of your current case? I like the idea of a gothic case, sounds good. Try looking at old church buildings and the like, do a google image search for "gothic art" ect and see what you like.

Painting the inside of your case is fine as long as you take everything out first and make sure you mask the holes for the metal pillars your motherboard sits on, some boards require earth at each of these points, which is provided by the pillar thread contacting the case which in turn is connected to the power supply, so getting paint in those holes and obsquering (spelling??) the metal contact between case and pillar and motherboard could be bad, although probablly in most cases not important id hate for you to blow up your board just because i thought it not important enough to tell you. Other than that painting the inside is dead simple and looks real good.

Good luck :)

Cannibal23
05-31-2006, 09:21 AM
ok, I got my black puside just need to paint the inside red BUT I never pained my inside B4 If its empty there is NP for the chips or somethig right? jsut let it dry and np..

not bad cause it get heat up? and does it mine waht kidn of paint I use?

nad I alreayd GOT a window in my case so I gett I cant make a sine in it... (that can be a prob. liekd the ID tho..)

and what of the oud site its now a real style full case nice with lil chroom on it.. but to nice if you ask me :D woh to make it look more evil?

Némo
for painting the inside of the case i use krylon acryilic paint. what i usually do is drill out the riviots that hold it all togeather and paint them as indevidual parts. i know this sounds like a hassle but it makes thing alot more workable when you go to wet sand your first coat of paint. i have never had to bother primeing the inside as its somehting your not going to mess with too much so chips are minimal. the only places that i have found that chips will most often occur is on the drive cages where you put the screws through. some times the paint gets twisted and flakes a lil. beyond that the only other place is where the clips and hooks on your side panel connect to the body of your case but you cant see this when its closed anyways. remember to clear coat in there too. you want it nice and shiney so any dust buildup is easy to remove

Nemo
06-05-2006, 05:32 AM
ok thx..

I don't have a pic of the pc I use now but the one I'll use for my gothic mod is:
Aerocool Bay Dream Case Black aerocool
http://empc.nl/ProductPlaatjes/All/14091.jpg

Its empty so.. thats handy. :D