PDA

View Full Version : Setting Up Water System

synapz
06-01-2006, 06:58 AM
Hay guys, well ive just taken everything out of my case to sprey it black and considering now the case is empty i think when i put everything back in i should set my water cooling up properly. Below is a pic of what my sytem looked like, but i have been asked why is my radiator at the bottom of my case etc. Can someone please avise me on where to put everything and what to go from what, etc, Resevoir to pump? or resevoir to radiator, etc please help i have no idea on where to put everything and from where they all go. I have a dangerden system with Resevoir, Pump, Radiator, CPU Cooler and Chipset cooler, it was set up as follows.

Resevoir > Pump > CPU > Radiator > Chipset > Resevoir.

http://www.pixel-team.com/images/3.JPG

Thanks in advance.

Cevinzol
06-01-2006, 07:23 PM
I haven't done any water cooling so take my advice with that in mind.

It appears to me that you would want your coolant "coolest" as it enters the CPU. Unless your resevoir also cools (ie. heat sink fins, like some models) then it appears you are pre-heating the CPU water with the chipset.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't you want the chipset before the radiator? I don't think the chip set generates nearly as much heat as the CPU so maybe it doesn't matter.

Also. Are you cooling your vid card?

lotech
06-02-2006, 06:10 AM
Sorry, quick question. What sizes hosing is that? Thanks!

nil8
06-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Looks like 1/2" to me.

Since you have your system so small, your pressure should be about the same. I've found my best order is Rad->res->cpu->gpu/chipset->pump

This way the water is cooled when it enters the res and has a little more time to cool before going into your cpu. The pump doesn't care if the water is warm or cold and pushes it back to the res.

Really, you shouldn't have many problems with your setup as long as you have your radiator cooling the water. You have huge tubing for a midtower and what looks like a decent setup.

Oh, and shutdown/restart your computer properly. =P
Your screen is the "Windows didn't start up properly" screen.

I would suggest putting your radiator outside of your case. Maybe on the top or the back. Cutting holes for your tubes should be fairly easy and you can run your fan wires through there as well.

I hope this helps.

MDCS
06-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Hay guys, well ive just taken everything out of my case to sprey it black and considering now the case is empty i think when i put everything back in i should set my water cooling up properly. Below is a pic of what my sytem looked like, but i have been asked why is my radiator at the bottom of my case etc. Can someone please avise me on where to put everything and what to go from what, etc, Resevoir to pump? or resevoir to radiator, etc please help i have no idea on where to put everything and from where they all go. I have a dangerden system with Resevoir, Pump, Radiator, CPU Cooler and Chipset cooler, it was set up as follows.

Resevoir > Pump > CPU > Radiator > Chipset > Resevoir.

Thanks in advance.

I have this case as well (but silver). I have the radiator on the back 120mm hole (above the vid cards - where you have the white fan) and the pump on the bottom. The reservoir is located in a 5.25 bay.

I have ... Res > pump > GPU > rad > CPU. Has worked great for me for about 8 months now. Running about 25c case, 25c-28c CPU & 28c-36c with load.

xmastree
06-03-2006, 03:18 AM
I've found my best order is Rad->res->cpu->gpu/chipset->pump

This way the water is cooled when it enters the res and has a little more time to cool before going into your cpu.How will that cool the chipset? Surely the smallest load should be first, and the hottest last. Piping hot water from the CPU to anything else isn't going to cool it much, is it?

nil8
06-03-2006, 05:41 AM
Water can take tremendous amounts of heat and the amount that comes off a chipset/video card after it's been run through a cpu doesn't make a big difference. It's still cooler than the chips producing the heat.

synapz
06-05-2006, 03:41 PM
UPDATE lol

http://www.pixel-team.com/images/10.JPG

Res > Pump > CPU > Chipset > Rad > Res

DaveW
06-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Wow, that looks cool! Nice work!

-Dave

maximan1
06-07-2006, 08:39 PM
UPDATE lol

http://www.pixel-team.com/images/10.JPG

Res > Pump > CPU > Chipset > Rad > Res

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG SO COOL GIMMIE!!!!!!
JK just tell me how you did it.

nil8
06-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Very nice use of el wire.
Also noticed your outtake fan isn't led anymore. Nice lighting touches. Just enough.

synapz
06-08-2006, 08:35 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG SO COOL GIMMIE!!!!!!
JK just tell me how you did it.

how i did what lol, thanks for the comments guys. :D