PDA

View Full Version : Presentation: Microcontrollers - Getting Started

crenn
07-29-2012, 06:35 AM
I recently did a presentation at an event called Bar Camp Melbourne (there is Bar Camps all over the world, it's a pretty cool event and you should check out if there is one happening near you) about microcontrollers, and I got someone to record the presentation for me. The video isn't fantastic, but I'd thought you guys might like to watch it. It goes for 34 minutes roughly but that's because the camera ran out of space sadly (I stole the camera's normal SD card for my Raspberry Pi and gave it a 2GB card), but the presentation itself was covered in full, just not the Q&A session.

uo-BbL58_nQ

If you're wanting to look over the slides, they're in the youtube description. Enjoy!

SXRguyinMA
07-30-2012, 11:19 AM
nice, I learned some stuff :)

crenn
07-30-2012, 08:47 PM

Oneslowz28
01-26-2013, 01:00 AM
This is awesome! Good job buddy!

Konrad
01-26-2013, 12:31 PM
You're better at presentations than I am. For me, speaking to crowds is awkward.

Welsh or Australian accent? I can't tell. (Although I see a little oz flag on your posts.)

crenn
01-30-2013, 09:56 AM
You're better at presentations than I am. For me, speaking to crowds is awkward.

Welsh or Australian accent? I can't tell. (Although I see a little oz flag on your posts.)It's only recently that I've been able to do presentations, I'm actually quite a nervous presenter, and the main thing I've found after being forced to do it once is that practice helps a lot. Also writing out what I want to say is good, and then reduce that into dot points so I can glance at them during the presentation if I forget where I'm going with it.

Australian, definately Australian, although I don't have the accent that Australians are usually known for.

This is awesome! Good job buddy!

Thanks! I've actually got another video (slowly) being processed about my Raspbian Rover and I'm due to have another presentation about connecting things to the RPi this Saturday.