PDA

View Full Version : Hard to navigate

mashie
03-15-2005, 05:47 PM
This must be the Ultimate Forum Index with 4-5 pages to scroll just to find the correct subforum... :eek:

FX
03-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Please explain.

If we left it as default, you'd need to pack a lunch to browse the forums.

mashie
03-15-2005, 06:34 PM
Well, 47 sections is a lot.

20 should be more than enough really.

public_eyesore
03-15-2005, 09:22 PM
i like all the extra sections, it stops people bogging up the support and other fourms with what version video card they should buy. Its awesome how theres a whole section just dedicated to that stuff.

Seven
03-15-2005, 11:39 PM
I don't think you've been on a large forum.

Usually, there is a category for every hardware item. (CPUs, Mobos, etc.)
However, there are threads for announcements and otherwise, and a few extra ones. I personally like the forums how they are...it's easy enough to find what you need to. Use forum jump, it's a valuable tool to save you some time.

mashie
03-16-2005, 02:12 PM
I don't think you've been on a large forum.

Usually, there is a category for every hardware item. (CPUs, Mobos, etc.)
However, there are threads for announcements and otherwise, and a few extra ones. I personally like the forums how they are...it's easy enough to find what you need to. Use forum jump, it's a valuable tool to save you some time.

Hardforum 32
Bit-tech 24
Anandtech 18
AVS Forum 51 but that one isn't computer related ;)

I wonder if YOU have been on a large forum.

Crimson Sky
03-16-2005, 02:25 PM
I think its ok to have a good ammount of categories. People like choices--If someone sees a category named "fan grills" they may just say: hey maybe my fangrill question isnt so silly afterall :D

Xbrid
03-16-2005, 05:42 PM
personally i like all the choices.

Seven
03-16-2005, 10:25 PM
OCForums 43

So there :)

I think this layout will be fine for now. Time will tell to see how it works out, but I have a feeling this forum will be very large, very soon.

Chapel
03-17-2005, 11:49 AM
I Agree

ClearCaseMan
03-17-2005, 09:50 PM
I find it refreshing and like the new look.

CompChopper
03-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I like all the forums because it spaces things out but I'd rather see them in a line up ala Hardforums. Searching for a specific forum is hard because everything is blue :D

jonopaul01
03-18-2005, 12:59 PM
I really like the forums the way they are now. It is clear what the different sections are all about and although it is a bit emty now all these sections will help to keep things organized so that people know what will be where. I personally find it very easy to navigate this site. And the way you can see all the new posts since you last came on is great. In fact I used it to find this thread. They are all in one place, on one page, so that you never miss any modding tips which are hidden in the excessive sections. I do agree that the number of sections is a bit excesive but at least there aren't loads of sub-sections which make you wonder "Now was that thread in this folder or that folder?" All you have to do is remember what the thread was about (although the subject can change throughout the thread) and you should be able to find it. And I also have to say that the look of the skin is the best of any forum that I have ever seen. But it would have to be, as an Art website and this truly is an Art.

Keep the good work up!

Gordy
03-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Have to agree with mashie I keep loosing forums in my scrolling past and missing them. Some of the forums haven't got any posts in them at all :(

Frakk
03-25-2005, 09:43 PM
I think the hardware review section is useless, there are already separate folders for each kind of hardware, they will only get mixed up.

My suggestion for the categories:
General TBCS related :
-Rules
-Forum Kubos
-Operator Assist.
-Suggestions
-Contests

Modding:
-Paul's worklog
-Projects worklog
-Gallery
-General discussions
-casemod contests

Hardware:
-mobile hardware
-playtime gaming accessories should be here
-already existing categories

Software:
-Operating Systems
-Utilities
-Audio/Video
-Internet related
-Games
-Mobile
-Other

General Discussions
-Benchmarks
-Reviews(formal reviews with pictures and detailed descriptions)
-anything that the people demand

I think It is fairly logical, right now I'm a little confused on the forum. These are my suggestions, agree or disagree, lets hear it.

Gordy
03-26-2005, 05:23 AM
That makes sense to me frakk :)

Frakk
03-26-2005, 03:26 PM
join the club

Crimson Sky
03-27-2005, 11:09 PM
A club?..where? :p

Frakk
03-27-2005, 11:54 PM
right here :D

fishies
04-04-2005, 04:14 PM
I like lots of Sub-Forums. More choice allows more people to find what they're looking for.

Whisp
04-04-2005, 07:21 PM
I find having to many sections can make it hard to find posts and makes searching a bit harder if you are trying to find something.

fishies
04-04-2005, 07:38 PM
using the 'New Posts' button is a good way to not miss a thing.

Frakk
04-04-2005, 07:44 PM
what if you havent been to the forum for 2 weeks and you want to find a post from 4 weeks before? maybe the search function would help, but having the categories logically in order is the way to go.