PDA

View Full Version : Giving Blood

Rachel
04-12-2005, 10:56 PM
I gave blood for the very first time last month. The wierd thing is that today when they send me the, "Thank you for donating" letter with my doner card the doner card was weird. When I was born the hospital told my mom my blood type was A positive. The doner card said O positive. I just think it's strange. It makes me wonder who messed up. Anyone else give blood?

ZeD
04-12-2005, 11:33 PM
Maybe your mom brought home the wrong kid :p

JesDer
04-12-2005, 11:34 PM
not in many years ...

I use to love watching them take it. For some reason whenever someone trys to put a needle in me, they are shocked that I like watching. It seems to cause less discomfort if I watch .. Maybe it has something to do with how a persons brain compensates for "known" pain...

I think you should contact them about that to have them make sure they got it right. Not really for you, but incase they messed up and try to put it into someone.

JesDer
04-12-2005, 11:35 PM
Maybe your mom brought home the wrong kid :p

I wasn't going to say it ...

Rachel
04-13-2005, 12:39 PM
I was afraid they messed up. I don't want anyone hurt.

Scpnkng
04-13-2005, 01:23 PM
Wait a minute this is weird the first time I gave blood I received a card that said I was A Positive and my parents always told me I was O Negative........ :? ......who are you and I dont know the CIA :D

Rachel
04-13-2005, 01:25 PM
You too? That's too weird. I think I'll call them tonight.

Malatory
04-13-2005, 01:31 PM
I give blood about 2 time each year. I would do it 4 times, but for one reason or another I tend to miss out on giving it. Its easy for me, work brings in the vampires and I get paid for 1 hour as I go through the process of donating blood. nice thing was, I had donated a little over a month before 9/11 and they were able to send my blood to NY.

Rachel
04-13-2005, 01:43 PM
How did you find that out?

Malatory
04-13-2005, 01:54 PM
I was called and asked if it would be ok with me to send the donated blood of mine to NY. I guess they had to get a ok for it or some people prefer that it stays in the area that was donated.

Blood has to get checked out and made sure nothing is wrong with it before they can use it. It Takes the Blood centers about 3-6 weeks to get all of that done.

CherryPie
05-04-2005, 11:00 AM
be careful!

my freinds got there blood and they got huge bruises cuz all the people who do it professionally

called in sick! so they ****ed up there arms