PDA

View Full Version : Sound cards hookup conondrum

AmEv
10-23-2012, 06:06 PM
I think I figured out my recording problem: Two sound cards. Use one sound card for playback, hook it up to the other for recording The speakers would be hooked up to the 2nd.

My biggest question is, which should be which? The onboard Realtek has some decent background-noise cancellng, while the CT4830 has excellent audio processing.

TLHarrell
10-24-2012, 01:09 AM
Try them both out with a known source and see how each does. Then try them each out as a recording/playback device and see how they work together. Pick the better sounding of the two combinations.

Likely fairly negligible difference between them, and I know you don't have any super whiz-bang awesome speakers... so any difference you will hear will be fairly significant.

AmEv
10-24-2012, 03:31 AM
Ehh, I am borrowing an Eastern sub/amp, using 4" sats, and tweeters... Not the best, but still not my teacher's hex-18" setup.

I'm kinda thinking using the onboard for removing the background noise of the mic (it does almost too good of a job of that), and using the 4830 to process the recording.

Let me tell you, that CT4830 needs a heatsink of its own, it gets that hot.

I'll try both ways, though.