PDA

View Full Version : I want a game

maximan1
06-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Can anybody direct me to a good interactive first person shooting game?
Thanks in advance
-Maxime

AKA_RA
06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
do you have half-life 1 or 2? if so, theres a ton of mods out there that are pretty fun to play. plus theyre free. im not quite sure what you mean by interactive though, arent all FPS interactive?

onelegout
06-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Im a very big fan of CS:S for online fps. It's load times are faster than games like bf2, and it just works - no b/s crashes/hangs/etc. It just works.

Rankenphile
06-08-2006, 01:00 AM
Half-Life 2, end of thread. :D

Plus, there are so many great mods, and with Episode 1 out now and the first Sin episode, you're set.

FEAR is pretty darn awesome, too, but for sheer playability and such, you can't go wrong with HL2.

AKA_RA
06-08-2006, 02:16 AM
Ranken said it best, "you can't go wrong with HL2."

FyR
06-08-2006, 01:58 PM
As they say...Buy HL2, you wont need another FPS, most bundle Counter Srike Source with it aswell so its awsome!

nil8
06-08-2006, 03:27 PM
CS is a mod of the hl2 engine. Counterstrike gets old after a few years. I don't even have it installed anymore. Waste of space.
I play DOD source and I'm waiting for World at War to come out(same group that made firearms for any hl players)

Rankenphile
06-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Counterstrike gets old after a few years.

Bolded for critical point.

What was the last game, other than CS, you played as frequently and as long as you did with CS?

HackSore
06-08-2006, 07:11 PM
I found Half Life 2 really tedious, it was quite a beautiful game, and some of the scenery is really great, but playing it through just felt like a chore.

I've really liked what i've played so far of Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth. Its more a survival horror in the first person then an FPS, but so far its been brilliant, with a great setting and story, and some quite disturbing scenes!

And for online play, CS:S and ut99 insta CTF are my favourites!

leprosy
06-08-2006, 07:55 PM
im suprized nobody mentioned call of duty2 , awsome singleplayer game, if you dont have good computer speakers dont bother buying it haha, you mentioned how fast it was to get into a server on css , i think that cod2 is faster, online ther death match, team death match, capture the flag, and a few other types of games. the only downside is ther is a lot of eauropean servers so your almoast always lagging.

nil8
06-08-2006, 09:55 PM
I played CS for a solid 5 years. I was a beta 2.1 player. I remember the addition of the desert eagle and AK. I remember when you died a container dropped with nothing in it.
The closest any other game came was Helbreath. It's a MMORPG from a Korean company. Without boring all of you with the details, I played that for ~3 years.
Neverwinter nights ~2
Firearms ~3
Action Half Life ~1
DOD ~1
Morrowind ~1 (5 times through)

I like to play 2 games at the same time. If I get bored of one I have the other. A lot of my dual playing was hl mods for a few months. Does anyone remember the hunted? Oz DM? Sven coop? The opera? I can't be the only old school hl player around.

Rankenphile
06-09-2006, 12:44 AM
THe only game I have played for a very long time was Asheron's Call, one of the first MMORPGs - it came out about the same time as EQ. I played that game for years and years - I actually credit it with saving my life, but that's another story for another time.