PDA

View Full Version : CPU fans

leprosy
06-07-2006, 10:15 PM
im looking for a good cpu fan, preferably that looks cool too, NOT led.

give me some names and tell me what you think :D

crenn
06-07-2006, 11:11 PM
Hmmm.... either:

Coolermaster Hyper 48 (I own one and love it)

or

Thermaltake Big Typhoon (Heard it's fairly good)

nil8
06-07-2006, 11:51 PM
I've had a lot of luck with zalman coolers, but they're not cheap.

The boy 4rm oz
06-08-2006, 03:19 AM
That thermaltake big typhoon is massive and it weighs **** loads. Go for one of the orbs or the silent tower. Check out the site for more details.

Scotty
06-08-2006, 04:10 AM
Theramltake Blue Orb II, is a very good cooler apparently i dont own one but want one, and the 12cm fan is great

Cevinzol
06-08-2006, 04:28 AM
www.zalman.com/ (http://www.zalmanusa.com/)
the website is all flash or something so I can't link the page.
look at this one it has 3 heat pipes and compares to water cooled systems
CNPS9500 LED

silverdemon
06-08-2006, 06:00 AM
maybe you can help me too, I'm looking for some heatsink for my 500 MHz AMD-K6 II processor. Preferably a cooling device with no fan...

only problem is : It's a socket 7 processor and I don't have much space to put in a giant heatsink...

(check my pc over here (http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2993))

AKA_RA
06-08-2006, 06:22 AM
why no fan? need something quiet? im sure if you get a thermaltake volcano 7+ (make sure its a plus) you shouldnt ever notice the fan over any other case fans. the heatsink is way more than what you would need cooling wise, its pure copper, and the fan would basically be on low almost all the time unless your system was under full load and ambient temps were high. and size is no problem, its relitively small actually, especially compared to todays massive heatsinks. i think the only problem would be actually finding one these days. i suggest ebay. and i stress that the little + on the end is a must. the non-plus is aluminum and i think the fan is a fixed speed fan. but then again, if noise is your problem, and you think your heatsink can handle a lower speed fan, just volt mod your fan, and remember, google is your friend. ;)

silverdemon
06-08-2006, 06:46 AM
Thnx for the tip, sound is actually my 'problem'. The fact that it's copper is very nice, fits the color scheme of my case :D

thnx again

FyR
06-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Gigabyte G-Power Pro is what i have in mine and it cools my o/c'd athlon 3400+ to 30degrees celcius on the lowest fan setting which is inaudiable...it has got leds but i cut mine off coz they looked crap, its a wicked cooler though.

silverdemon
06-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I've placed a bid on a volcano heatsink thingie. I think it'll look very good: copper heatsink with my red-based case. The size is also an issue, the volcano is about 7 x 7 cm, which is about the maximum space I have... The gigabyte G-power is a bit too large...

dgrmkrp
06-08-2006, 02:27 PM
i use a sonic tower. good temps.. depends on what u use.. at 20 degrees i can get as low as 28 in full throttle... depends how much air i feed it.. 2x120mm fans with 96cfm each are noisy, but work ok :)

But that's not what u asked, right? U want a good fan... so i would wither go for a delta (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Delta_Fans_58.html):
the last one... very powerfull... add a controller and your set.. or u could go for a silent fan from arctic cooling or silenX...

leprosy
06-08-2006, 04:22 PM
anything good about thermaltakes sonic tower, it looks big but it also looks prety cool at the same time, like...well... a tower lol

AKA_RA
06-08-2006, 04:28 PM
id avoid a delta, unless you live next to an airport and are used to the sound of jets taking off. theyre nice fans, lots of airflow, but at a great cost. it might be quieter to test the airflow on a shop-vac and just hook that up to your heatsink, lol