PDA

View Full Version : Sound Card to Reciever problem.

Martock
11-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Ok, so here is my issue. My computer is a little on the older side, so I had to purchase an external sound card for it. It's a Vantec MBA-200u. I have had no real issues with it. Have it hooked in to an older KOSS dvd/receiver via optical, and get nice 5.1 surround out of it.

Earlier this week, my receiver died, presumably from old age. I picked up a used JVC RX-6030VBK to use as my new receiver. Got all the connections plugged in, and for whatever reason, it now only picks up from front pair. It won't register the rears, sub, or center channel.

Now I did the normal troubleshooting on my receiver and in the sound menu on my PC, to make sure I had the right output set, and the right input on the receiver. Even made sure the surround setting was properly turned "on" on said receiver, and yet I am only getting sound from my 2 front channels.

I was wondering if anyone could offer some sollutions as to why my receiver does not want to pick up all my speakers?

msmrx57
11-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Have you tried the receiver with a different surround input? I've had an older surround sound receiver where when it started to die the rear and center channels went out first.

TLHarrell
11-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Is your source actually 5.1 channel?