PDA

View Full Version : BF2 Crashes?

CanaBalistic
06-11-2006, 04:07 AM
IM having this problem when starting up bf2. The logo appears then my screens flicker black a few times then it crashes to desktop.

I think the problem might be my dual montor setup. I have 2 analog montors in an extended display mode.

AKA_RA
06-11-2006, 04:26 AM
have you tried changing your settings so that you only have the one monitor?

Cevinzol
06-11-2006, 07:19 AM
yeah it helps if you can narrow down when it started happening.

Also whats "BF2" it might help if you didn't assume we knew what it was.
Better yet if you also linked the company's site so people with time could read thier tech support forums.

AKA_RA
06-11-2006, 09:08 AM
I think he means Battlefield 2. Also, what video card are you using, is it that X700 256mb you posted about a while back? if so, i dont think its because your cards too old, which is a problem for some people i think. also, get the newest drivers and patches installed. if the problem persists, i would suggest reinstalling the game, just to make sure that it wasnt a bad install, ive had that happen before with other games.

CanaBalistic
06-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Yeah sorry for the un-informative post. I still have the x700.

I have removed and re installed the game. i've tried it with all display options. extended display, clone, strech.

With extended or clone the game will crash back to desktop after the inittial load screen.

With strech mode i got a bit further and had the game load up. I couldnt get past the account screen which would tell me it was connecting. I waited 10min and nothing. when i tried to esc or alt+tab nothing would work and i had to force a restart.

AKA_RA
06-11-2006, 04:47 PM
try using just the single monitor. and liek i said, how old are your drivers, and have you recently patched the game? i think they just came out witha new one not too long ago. i dunno if itll help, but its worth a shot, you hsould alawyas keep drivers and games up to date.

public_eyesore
06-11-2006, 07:36 PM
yeah it helps if you can narrow down when it started happening.

Also whats "BF2" it might help if you didn't assume we knew what it was.
Better yet if you also linked the company's site so people with time could read thier tech support forums.
do you play games on your comp?

and to canbalistic- bf2 is the buggiest pos in the world. it got to the point where i don't play it cause its a waste of time playing. But when i did play, i had a dual moniter setup, but running on 2 different cards. Its really cool for like ts and xfire

leprosy
07-02-2006, 01:15 PM
i had the same problem, but not with my regular bf2 it only did it with bf2 special forces, the message said :" mods/bf2/shaders/lighting.fx not found!!! _DO_check your working directory,_AND_ sync your shaders folder becore calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!)"

yeah so thats the problem i have and i dont know what the hell it means lol

this game is a pain in the ass to run unless your computer is top notch.

PauL
07-02-2006, 05:34 PM
I had that same problem leprosy. What I did was go to control panel and did a search for the file lighting.fx I found the file so I copied it and put the copy into the mods/bf/shaders/ folder. After you do that it should work fine. Good luck.

leprosy
07-02-2006, 08:33 PM
I had that same problem leprosy. What I did was go to control panel and did a search for the file lighting.fx I found the file so I copied it and put the copy into the mods/bf/shaders/ folder. After you do that it should work fine. Good luck.

ok i did that , now it wants me to find rain.fx, so i have a feeling that ill be putting these files in allnight lol

edit: well it seems that lighting.fx and rain.fx was all i needed , thanks for the help man :D

PauL
07-02-2006, 10:47 PM
No problem. Its tough to live without Battlefield 2 :)

simon275
07-03-2006, 02:54 AM
Yeah I have a similar problem. I can play normalbattle field but when I go to swtich over to a custom mod battlefield restarts as it should but then crashes on statup going into the mod.

Imawerewolf
07-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Ive been waiting all night to play this game, and when I load BF2:SF it filickers and crashes. So, its not because of your dual monitors.

Can someone help :(?

the_dude2000
08-29-2007, 08:33 AM
No problem. Its tough to live without Battlefield 2 :)

Don't suppose you know how to solve the problem if search doesn't produce 'lighting.fx' do you? I've searched all of my hard drives and the cds (yes I bought CDs not a DVD, damn internet shopping!) Is it worth uninstalling BF2 and reinstalling BF2 SF before i install the patches?

ASUS P5B
Intel core 2 DUo@ 2.4ghz
2gb Geil ddr2 800mhz
xfx gfrce 7600 xxx

Cannibal23
08-29-2007, 10:46 AM
IM having this problem when starting up bf2. The logo appears then my screens flicker black a few times then it crashes to desktop.

I think the problem might be my dual montor setup. I have 2 analog montors in an extended display mode.

i have had a very simaler issue when runnin bf2 on a wide screen lcd. is your monitor widescreen? is it a big monitor like an lcd tv? are both monitors the same? does it do the same thing with only one monitor attached? i believe there is a way to play that game in "windowed" mode. you should for sure try to install the latest video drivers to rule out any issues there. another thing you can try is to dissable the start up movies. perhaps you have some kind of issues with them being corrupted or what not. if you search google you will find instructions and files for that. failing any of these and you have a big monitor i would say google for wide screen gameing. basicly some times the game is a little stupid about video settings if your using some odd ball resolution. let me know if any of this helps

asd
08-31-2007, 06:11 PM

I searched for lighting.fx in my control panel except i couldn't find it. What do i do now? And can someone give me an step to step guide on how to make this message go away?

asd
08-31-2007, 07:38 PM
I searched for lighting.fx in my control panel except i couldn't find it. What do i do now? And can someone give me an step to step guide on how to make this message go away?

plz forgive me for double posting. i found the Lighting.fx but now, when i try to join a sf multiplayer map, it just crashes after it loads everything and just takes me back to my desktop. Also, this sometimes happens for bf2. Can someone plz tell me whats going on and tell me how to fix this problem? i have been looking for anwsers for 3 hours straight.

nate11
10-31-2007, 06:38 AM
same thing happened to me , i cant find lighting.fx either
and the same message appears:

mods/bf2/shaders/lighting.fx not found!!! _DO_check your working directory,_AND_ sync your shaders folder becore calling upon your local rendering programmer/GP. (really!)

but the message appears for both BF2 and SF

any info would be helpful! could this have anything to do with needing a patch?

The boy 4rm oz
11-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Do you get an error message saying something about staticmesh errors? I had this and had to uninstall the game. Remember when you uninstall the game to through the control panel and then go into the C drive and delete any remaining files or folders, then do a defrag and reinstall. Also remember to patch the game before playing and make sure your graphics and chipset drivers are all u to date.